Hangout The Sports Hang-Out Thread!

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Sport Thread!

@BlueChild. discribe me one of the funniest moment u ever had while playing volleyball.
@Rennokun. dont be hating on soccer bro. depending on the sports u see crying and diving in other sports too.
i absolutely love beach/ volleyball, cricket, soccer and field hockey. i have played several other sports as well
 

rennokun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Sport Thread!

Well i kidda like watching soccer for betting purposes :p
wat other sport involve crying and diving?
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: The Sport Thread!

rennokun said:
Well i kidda like watching soccer for betting purposes :p
wat other sport involve crying and diving?
I don't think that there's any sport out there that involves crying, unless you are talking about cycling. :p

Cycling, we have the three biggest tour, namely Tour de France, Tour de Italia and Le Tour De Langkawi.

Diving..:s I don't know much about this sport even though I like to watch them in Olympics. XD
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The Sport Thread!

What is "Le Tour De Langkawi"? I don't know it.
 

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
4,997
Reaction score
39
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Costa Rica
Re: The Sport Thread!

Me neither... I always thought the biggest 3 were: Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta de España.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: The Sport Thread!

I found this in Wikipedia: "Le Tour de Langkawi (French for "Tour of Langkawi") is an annual cycling race which is held in Malaysia."
 

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Sport Thread!

rennokun said:
Well i kidda like watching soccer for betting purposes :p
wat other sport involve crying and diving?
baskerball, baseball, even in football
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Sport Thread!

DesiSkull said:
@BlueChild. discribe me one of the funniest moment u ever had while playing volleyball.
sorry for the late reply!

the funniest moment i had while playing volleyball...? i think during the matches there were hardly any funny moments because we normally take matches seriously ^^;
well...one situation was pretty funny...Saturday evening, we had our top match agains our old, beloved *coughs* rival. And we bet the hell out of them. :D It was one of the best matches we ever had. They came from a little village near the frontier of Holland. They came with about 200 fans and they cheered for them like hell. it was really so much fun to kick their asses, especially in an atmosphere like that. After the match we went out to celebrate out glorious victory - and everybody was pissed. XD The only problem was: we had to play the next match next sunday morning at 9 am, and more than half of our team suffered from a hangover...well, we had that opponent...who wanted to beat us...and we just wanted to lose...and we were playing like that...we lost the first set...everyone was happy, only 2 more sets to lose and we could go home sleeping...during the middle of the second set we started to realise that we had more points than we thought...and suddenly we noticed that the difference between our points and our opponent's points became bigger and bigger...and suddenly we realised - shocked as we were - that we won the set. Our opponent was pissed off and declared that they won't lose against a team like ours...well, actually, after a declaration like that we bet them quickly and went home to our beds again XD

there were several really funny situations, but not during matches. On Cups or so when we had free time XD
 

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Sport Thread!

hah its always sweet to get ur rivals and beat them good. for me, i was playing with friends. 5vs5. the match was getting heated up and everyone was getting agrressive. spiking as hard they can, diving, screaming. atomshere was pretty tense. and i was so pumped up myself and this guys blocks my spike outta no where i didnt even see the guy go up. after that he goes ooh yeh how'd you like that. i smiled and gave him the look to watch out. [remember my english wasnt good at that point and i only moved to usa about a year ago] so i asked my friend to set me the ball long and little away from the net. and when he did. i came running hard and timed the spike real nice and the same guy who block me he couldnt get outta the way. i nailed him in the chest. everybody is laughing. and I say On Ur Face. lmao. everyone started looking and laughing at me and im looking all consufed. tht was really funny.
PS the correct way is In Ur Face. lol
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Sport Thread!

lol, we had a similar situation against that rival i was talking about earlier in another match: They had service, so we had the first attack. our setter setted me the ball little high and fast and Jacky (who played in our team, but left because we were only "mobbing" her...yeaaah, sure...she changed the clubs and went to our dear rival...) blocked me so that the ball was on the ground before myself again x_x She showed me her fist and looked at me as if she wanted to say "see, i've always been better than you, you'll never be able to beat me!". well, again, they were to serve the ball. our Setter gave me the ball once more, this time not right next to her, but a really fast ball 2 meters away from her. and i timed the spike really well, fooled her (she tried to block me right next to the setter, just that i was 2 meters away from there XD) and smashed the ball on the ground - 3 meters away from the net. One of my best spikes ever :D And my team started singing "Don't let yourself get fooled" (for the germans: "lalala lasst euch nicht verarschen! es lebe die Mediamarkt-werbung! XD). and Jacky looked at me as if she wanted to kill me. I couldn't help and looked into her face and started laughing like hell XD
 

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Sport Thread!

LMAO. yeh i can so imagine that.
PS dont hate me for this but once i was co-ed volleyball. basically we were chilling and enjoy. and outta no where i see this perfect set. my eyes all got sparkley and i couldnt stop myself and jump the ball and spiked it. and the worse thing happend. i spiked a girl in the face. i tried and not laugh. luckily she wasnt uptight. and laughed it off. but that was not cool. i do not wish to spike at female like that.
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Sport Thread!

why should i hate you for something like that...? i think if the girl doesn't react in time it's not your fault, isn't it...? ^^;
at least that's my opinion XD

At school i always loved to play with the guys during sports lessons. there was one other guy who played volleyball in a club, and two others who were pretty good at volleyball. one of them played soccer, the other played water ball. so we always had a 2 vs 2 match on the volleyball court in the gym XD that was always funny. the others mostly stood around us and watched us playing ^^
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,274
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Sport Thread!

Luckas04 said:
I found this in Wikipedia: "Le Tour de Langkawi (French for "Tour of Langkawi") is an annual cycling race which is held in Malaysia."
Hehe, and Eileen lives in Malaysia. ;)

Btw, Bluechild, I like playing volleyball too :) But I haven't played it in sooooooooo long, I probably suck at it now.
 

Kratos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
Re: The Sport Thread!

my favorite sport is Soccer and i like everything about it (what else can i say)
there are othere sport that i like, like Tenis and swiming.
but the sports that i hate are baseball, football, and basketball
i dont like baseball and football because there are too slow, and dont like basketball because is too fast
that's why i think soccer is perfect, not too fast not too slow, and is more about team work
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Sport Thread!

Luckas04 said:
I found this in Wikipedia: "Le Tour de Langkawi (French for "Tour of Langkawi") is an annual cycling race which is held in Malaysia."
Trust me. That thing, out of 10 average Malaysians, I bet only 5 knows about it. No publicity at all if not very little. People in Malaysia is not into bicycles. They're more into soccer, which is probably the crappiest and most troublesome sport there is in Malaysia.

I'm from Malaysia, I know the condition.

Haha.. I actually not noticing this thread at all :p
Well, let see.. sports and me has good and bad times together.

I was a national rugby player (retired because of permanent injury). I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Thailand for international matches and tournaments. They usually pwnd us. Haha... I must look up to see their faces. Haha.... I bet they were saying "Little boy!!!".... :p

I played volleyball, only managed to get to represent my school. Soccer, hhmmm...., only to district level. Not much to comment on that. I tried hockey, but sucks at it. I'm better at golf than hockey. Well, you could say that I'm hyper active in sports. Haha.... But right now, I only play futsal every now and then.
 

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: The Sport Thread!

Gold Knight said:
Btw, Bluechild, I like playing volleyball too :) But I haven't played it in sooooooooo long, I probably suck at it now.
nah, you just need to get used to it again ;)
after some time you'll rock again for sure :D
 

ILUVATAR

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
50
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Re: The Sport Thread!

>_> never had any great interest in sports...meaning i never had any sport that i was good at.
i was at the local TAE-KWON-DO team for about 9 years, won some medals, went to half-black belt and stoped it cause of school v_v
when i was younger i tryed both football and basketball.....but i was only good at defence in both sports :D not tall enough for basket, not skillfull enough for football
anywayz, now with the uni i have hardly enough free time for myself to go read a book or something >_>
 

mozetsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Re: The Sport Thread!

baxteristic said:
Trust me. That thing, out of 10 average Malaysians, I bet only 5 knows about it. No publicity at all if not very little. People in Malaysia is not into bicycles. They're more into soccer, which is probably the crappiest and most troublesome sport there is in Malaysia.

I'm from Malaysia, I know the condition.

Haha.. I actually not noticing this thread at all :p
Well, let see.. sports and me has good and bad times together.

I was a national rugby player (retired because of permanent injury). I've been to Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Thailand for international matches and tournaments. They usually pwnd us. Haha... I must look up to see their faces. Haha.... I bet they were saying "Little boy!!!".... :p

I played volleyball, only managed to get to represent my school. Soccer, hhmmm...., only to district level. Not much to comment on that. I tried hockey, but sucks at it. I'm better at golf than hockey. Well, you could say that I'm hyper active in sports. Haha.... But right now, I only play futsal every now and then.
really? i know the Tour de Langkawi..i mean doesn't it appear on the headlines of the Sports section everytime it happens? I mean it IS one of the things Dr. Mahathir was pushing for to make Malaysia more well known, no?

mmm...i used to be very into football(soccer)- represented my school, i played basketball too. Dabbled abit in squash and badminton, enjoying playing touch rugby and softball, and was(and still) very into martial arts, though currently not practicing any..would really like to learn Kendo though. I think i'm probably best in swimming- represented school and was for short while in the state water polo team.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Sport Thread!

mozetsu said:
really? i know the Tour de Langkawi..i mean doesn't it appear on the headlines of the Sports section everytime it happens? I mean it IS one of the things Dr. Mahathir was pushing for to make Malaysia more well known, no?
True it appears in daily newspaper, but the point is, did you read it? I for once, only follow it until the second season. No offense on that part, but they should put up more efforts into that sport.
 

mozetsu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Re: The Sport Thread!

mm yea true i just glanced across the headlines and proceeded to the EPL page. I guess i dont see the point it putting more effort in that sport anyway i mean its not like Malaysians are major champs in cycling. Its more of international recognition, just like F1 in Malaysia- we have the tracks then we say oh this fella is good for F!, and in we thrust Alex Yoong into F1- and se what happened to him after one season.
 
Top