Games - The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original version and expansion packs) | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original version and expansion packs)

Which side do you look forward the most in Starcraft II?

• Protoss

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Terran

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Zerg

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: The StarCraft 2 Thread (also includes original vesion and expansion packs)

I never read the novels, I don't even bother much about the lore, anyways. Only about how to play the game right :p

It's indeed kinda weird that we have so much control about her developement, but after all it's only about having an interesting campaign.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

By the way, an interesting hint: It is possible to very easily change languages for SC2!

Step 1: Put a file containing one of the language codes into the folder: StarcraftII\Mods
Possible language codes are (amongst potential others): enUS (US English) enGB (Britain English) frFR (French) deDE (German) esES (Spain) esMX (No idea) ruRU (Russian) koKR (Korean) zhCN (chinese) zhTW (taiwanese chinese) plPL (polish) itIT (italian) ptBR (brazilian portugese, I think)
For example, you can put a file named "koKR.txt" (a simple text file) into the folder, to get Korean language pack.

Step 2: Run Starcraft II\Support\Repair.exe
Now it will first check your files (this will take quite a long time, like 30 minutes!) and recognize your languages (for example: If you originaly installed enGB and added koKR now, it should tell you Languages: enGB, koKR now).
Afterwards it will download the Korean language files, because it considers them missing!

Important note: The repair will take a long time, like 30-120 minutes, depending on your machine. It however is possible to interrupt it and continue later, no problem. However: You will not be able to join an SC2 match before the repair is finished!

Step 3: Go to ""Documents/Starcraft II/Variables.txt"
There are two variables in there, called "localeidassets" and "localeiddata", both followed by one of the language tags listed above.
Locaieidassets controls all audio files, localediddate controls text. If you now for example leave localeiddata as "enGB" but change "localeidassets" to "koKR", you will have English texts and Korean audio.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I never read the novels either but I did read that in the starcraft wikia which sums up the stories pretty well. For me it was the opposite though, I got the game for the story and perhaps the custom games. The actual game is obviously awesome but for some reason I never got properly into it.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Well, yeah, the entrance is quite hard. But since there's this league distinguishing down to bronze league these days it became much, much easier. Basically everyone gets put so that he has 50% wins, because battlenet is really good in searching opponents of same skill level.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Getting into 1on1 SC2 is basically all about just the ability of building enough workers, spending all money and building units constantly:

A very humorous attempt. Destiny (the guy explaining here) is a mediocre pro player and good coach.
(Here in bronze league, because he uses a second account to get low level opponents to make his point. Obviously he's in Grandmaster League himself).

Last edited by a moderator:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

GSL Super Tournament is currently ongoing. SlayerS is performing extremely well. (Round of 16 coming up: In upper part of the tournament tree, 4/8 players are of SlayerS. In lower part, 1/8 - but an extremely good one :D)
It's beeing played starting 11:10 CET during working days.

On GOM TV (also stream there): http://www.gomtv.net/2011super1/
On Liquipedia: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_GSL_Super_Tournament

Tournament tree: http://www.gomtv.net/2011super1/news/65395#

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Just read something interesting on the starcraft wikia. Apparently kerrigan did disposed of the celebrates but in turn she created queens which serve a similar purpose. In that sense the queens are indeed smart and have their own personalities. I guess kerrigan is not the sole intelligence behind the swarm and she had the liberty of creating creatures with individuality like the overmind did.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Interesting pics, seems to be an infested planetary fortress - artwork, not model obv.:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, I knew they were considering an infested bunker but I would think an infested planetary fortress is a bit much. I don't think we would see that added to the zerg build tree but in turn it would be an interesting possibility for the story lol.

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

In Broodwar it was possible to use Zerg Queens (the flying caster units which nobody played back then, not the SC2 type queen everybody builds) to take over Command Centers with <50% health and use them to build infested marines :D

About the Bunker unit, I'm not so sure but it sounded like it could be a unit that burrows below buildings and then takes them over - at least it sounded so when they showed it in the preview. Maybe this was actually planned to work on CCs and Planetaries, too ^^

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

I thought this would be interesting for a few people
http://kotaku.com/5918831/starcraft-ii-heart-of-the-swarm-is-99-complete

I do wonder about the release date. What would make the most sense is to release it for christmas but considering there is not even a rumor about a holidays release it probably won't be the case. Perhaps they will wait for a summer release?

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Hey guys, do we know when Heart of the Swarm will come out?
Wings of Liberty has been awesome that is why I want to play the second chapter so badly.

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France

NEW TRAILER GUYS (opening trailer) :wtf :wtf

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

What an epic trailer. :zomg

Gats

The Green Knight
Reaction score
Country
France
Since you're into games right now, some Starcraft 2 features :

This new stuff is diamond.... :wtf

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Seeing all these features, I can see how much heart they put in creating and upgrading this game.
Now the 12th of March seems so far away. :(

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
...Kind of a necro. Anyone still play SC2 ranked?