Life - The Tattoo Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life The Tattoo Thread

sindergi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yes i designed it but there a lot of angle similar to this - so i had a little inspiration :D

it has a meaning for me - i think this is important for a tattoo. I dont want to have something on my skin forever which doesnt mean something for me.

Maybe a short summary : it symbolize a fallen angel, a lot of pain and suffering - but still sees the positive things. Maybe a little melancholic but not sad.
In on sentence you can maybe say : Even the bad things which happened to you in the past made you to the person who you are now.....and i like how i am :D

sry for my english - but i would have problem to explain this even in german :D

Jothesh2

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My tattoo is the avatar I have there.
The tattoo is in my back :)
it means hope!

sindergi

Reaction score
Country
Japan
haha I wore flip flops so it didn't bother me. It did hurt when it went overt medial malleolus (the bone that sticks out on the inside of your ankle. It itches for awhile but you can not scratch it

Now I'm thinking about three little autumn leaves falling behind my ear :)
<hr noshade size="1">
also. www.ugliesttattoos.com is awesome. Those make me rofl
omg thats hilarious.....i had to lol plenty of times :D
But i dont think that these are all "real" tatoos (powered by photoshop).

plutie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I would wanta jap-style tatoo with lots of colours. A carp or something.
(IMO) I think a tatoo should be a picture not text, it's a piece of art not a phonebook lol.

Im thinking of getting a carp & waves & clouds and some sakura flowers on my arm.

suprstrpj

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would wanta jap-style tatoo with lots of colours. A carp or something.
(IMO) I think a tatoo should be a picture not text, it's a piece of art not a phonebook lol.

Im thinking of getting a carp & waves & clouds and some sakura flowers on my arm.
basically what i got:

plutie

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
basically what i got:

That looks, totally awesome!"

I really like the size of that too!!, Another thing i would want is an old japanese style art wood print.. :P

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@ suprstrpj, your tattoo looks cool and painful :s
How long did you take to do up this hand? Besides a lotus (that's what I guess), what else is the design?

-Ren Boy-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
that tattoo is something you get from miami ink. It must have taken like 3-4 sessions and each session must have been LONG!(estimate)

it is still nice never the less

plutie

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
that tattoo is something you get from miami ink. It must have taken like 3-4 sessions and each session must have been LONG!(estimate)

it is still nice never the less
A piece of aart :D

suprstrpj

Reaction score
Country
United States
@ suprstrpj, your tattoo looks cool and painful :s
How long did you take to do up this hand? Besides a lotus (that's what I guess), what else is the design?
thank you guys ^-^

along with the lotus i have a koi mixed in with water and cherry blossoms. and yes, some of it hurt quite a bit, but after 4 sessions (3 hours each), i think it was worth it. and i can't wait to get the rest of my arm done!

HellooXD

Reaction score
Country
United States
and there was a man, he got his girlfriends face on his back. But this was not ordinary size...this fitted his whole back

a few days later the women broke up with that man :(
That's tough, its going to hurt a lot taking it off. Unless that girl has a twin sister. lol

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
along with the lotus i have a koi mixed in with water and cherry blossoms. and yes, some of it hurt quite a bit, but after 4 sessions (3 hours each), i think it was worth it. and i can't wait to get the rest of my arm done!

Wow..you should really show us the complete arm once it's done. Its rare to see someone doing a whole arm lately. I thought it was something of the past :amuse

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to get several tattoos but i would want to remove them after a couple of months to be honest. So not worth it i guess!

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Six months since your last post, you regret it yet? You should get a tattoo, but make something memorable. Like a lion on your left abdominal :oh
.... wait...

Anyways, getting my 2nd one this summer and it's going to be rather big actually. Will limit me from taking some jobs (such as doctor, cop etc) because you aren't allowed to be tattoo'd to that extent but I don't really care.

Basically, roots from my right neck, down to my wrist, crawling "around" my body on the right side of my torso.

Very hard to explain, I'll make a sketch and scan...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nice Blai, do a sketch and show it us...

I've never been that interested in tattoos but If I were to get one done, it'd be a tribal one like this:

Bugzee

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
you regret it yet?
Hell no.

Have you seen how wrinkly and ugly they look on old folks (50+)? Ewww. I know you can get them layered again or inked up again but still...:s

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Dude, do you care about your looks when you're 50? Just re-ink it and be an awesome old dude with a badass tattoo. It's not like you're going out clubbing and people will be like "oooh look at that old man's tattoo.. totally need a refill :S)

Looks like a cool tribal goldb. Personally I'm very much against tribals because they are in 9/10 meaningless. They just look cool but they don't mean anything to the person who got it. However, that one was actually really cool, I approve :thumbs

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah a lot of the time, people with tribal tattoos say that it's supposed to "tell a story" but most of the time it's just bullshit. I've loved that particular one for ages since I first the rock with it back in '03 or something like.

Queenofmuffins

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Done in KL's Chinatown, Malaysia about 2 days ago.

The guy missed a single stroke on the 2nd kanji, so I'm going back in tomorrow to get it fixed. ^^