TV The Television Show Thread

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

it's cancelled??
why??
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Gold Knight said:
Count me as a new Lost diehard fan. My dad's always been a fan of Lost, so I got for him the first season DVD set for his birthday a couple of months ago, and watched it with him the last week. Loved it. I wish the second season set was already out (I checked and it's not out until October 6th T_T ).

Seven seasons - sounds fun. If that's true, it probably means they have the whole story planned out from season 1 to the last season. Shouldn't be any letdown, hopefully. I like the characters enough that I think it'll be good.
Another Lost fan here :D

And according to the writers, they have the ending set and the overal storyline, but there's a lot of stuff they can change in the meantime and they do that lots of times too... another fun thing is, the actors dont get the new script after they're finished playing the previous one, so people like *spoiler* at some point just were told they were "going to die next week"... X_X

I do miss *spoiler*, *spoiler* not too much though...

( btw, i live in europe, we're not at the end of season 2 yet... )
 

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
611
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

i only watch tv oh-so-very-little, but two shows above all are definitely worth every minute of my attention: LOST and Scrubs. cant get enough, ever.

simpsons is wonderful too, of course, not to mention family guy... though i dont watch them as frequently...
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

@karasu I dont know I guess the quotes werent good enough...

@khal cmon make normal spoiler tags (: still I already know who dies =)
 

Divine

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I'm quite suprised. No Smallville fans/viewers here? The first 2 seasons were not very good, the 3rd was ok, but the fourth and fifth season are great. Season 6 will start in September and will absolutely be a wonderful season.
As for Lost, I know a lot of people love it, but I didn't watch it because I miss the pilot :s.
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I only watched the first 2 seasons and then lost the track...if you I see a episode nowdays I just zap away because its so different now and I dont know all the changes xD
 

Divine

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 28, 2006
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Its so different now because season 4,5 .......
generally focus more on the Superman comics now, eg. Clark Kent's origins, Krypton, Zod, the fortress of solitude,Lex becoming evil,etc. This means they feature less "freak of the week" shows, which everybody hates.
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Khal said:
Another Lost fan here :D

And according to the writers, they have the ending set and the overal storyline, but there's a lot of stuff they can change in the meantime and they do that lots of times too... another fun thing is, the actors dont get the new script after they're finished playing the previous one, so people like *spoiler* at some point just were told they were "going to die next week"... X_X

I do miss *spoiler*, *spoiler* not too much though...

( btw, i live in europe, we're not at the end of season 2 yet... )
Lost rocks XD

Been following it since first season. I gotta say, tough, that the ending of the second season is pretty confusing...

Divine said:
I'm quite suprised. No Smallville fans/viewers here? The first 2 seasons were not very good, the 3rd was ok, but the fourth and fifth season are great. Season 6 will start in September and will absolutely be a wonderful season.
As for Lost, I know a lot of people love it, but I didn't watch it because I miss the pilot :s.
loll I missed the pilot of Lost too :p

I saw it just a little before the season two finale hehe...

As for smallville, I think it has become somewhat...boring. :s

Seasons 3 and 4 were great, but I didn't really enjoy the fifth, except for a few episodes. It's just trying too hard to focus on Clark's teenage life instead of the actual storyline...which is what I enjoy about the show. Sure the special effects are great, but I've lost that "feel" for the show.
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Rampage said:
gotta say, tough, that the ending of the second season is pretty confusing...
hell yeah!!!! what the hell was up with
the big ass statue? the magnetic outburst? the capture of everyone? Mikael leaving??
i mean what the hell???
 

Rampages

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2006
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Maybe we should make a Lost thread ? :p
 

rennokun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Messages
309
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Scrubs and family guy its all the show you need

as for Lost its got to confusing when i miss 1 ep. I was into Lost season1 miss couple ep in season2 and no idea wtf is goin on
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I'm not really into Lost, but I LOVE 'House.' Hugh Laurie is fantastic :) Actually, he was on tonight's episode of Inside The Actor's Studio. I don't get to watch alot of television, and whenever I do there's usually nothing interesting on. I'd rather be reading, I supopse.
 

ruby_06

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Hidden
Country
Egypt
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I adore, love and must see scrubs, i think it is the best and i also like grey's anatomy and also house
 

Brede

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2006
Messages
620
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

LadyHatake said:
I don't get to watch alot of television, and whenever I do there's usually nothing interesting on. I'd rather be reading, I supopse.
me too...on all of the above. a book is much more portable too :smile-big
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Brede said:
me too...on all of the above. a book is much more portable too :smile-big
That's what I'm sayin! :D I can take a book anywhere! TVs aren't exactly portable. My friends think I'm crazy because I'd rather read than watch TV. I love my books though.
 

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Television Show Thread!

LadyHatake said:
That's what I'm sayin! :D I can take a book anywhere! TVs aren't exactly portable. My friends think I'm crazy because I'd rather read than watch TV. I love my books though.
what book is it that you are reading..

i watch smallville, stargate atlantis, lost and surface..
i used to watch them on tv.. but i always end up missin the episode here and there.. so now i have adapted to new method.. im sure you are all fimilar with it.. i just download the episode off the net and watch.. i got idea from watching anime.. it works for me great.. and i was able to catch up with all the show by downloading episodes by episodes :D..
 

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
5,646
Reaction score
561
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Television Show Thread!

DesiSkull said:
what book is it that you are reading..

i watch smallville, stargate atlantis, lost and surface..
i used to watch them on tv.. but i always end up missin the episode here and there.. so now i have adapted to new method.. im sure you are all fimilar with it.. i just download the episode off the net and watch.. i got idea from watching anime.. it works for me great.. and i was able to catch up with all the show by downloading episodes by episodes :D..
same for me...otherwise i have to wait 1-2 years for a german dub...that sucks =)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

DesiSkull said:
what book is it that you are reading..
Right now I'm reading a paranormal FBI murder mystery called Chill of Fear by Kay Hooper. It's part of a series, and it's pretty good.

I actually love medical shoes though, House being my favorite. Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs are pretty good too. I never got into Lost because I missed the first few episodes and never got the chance to see them.

My brother watches the Stargate shows, but I'm not into sci-fi, really.
 

DesiSkull

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2006
Messages
561
Reaction score
1
Re: The Television Show Thread!

LadyHatake said:
I actually love medical shoes though, House being my favorite. Grey's Anatomy and Scrubs are pretty good too. I never got into Lost because I missed the first few episodes and never got the chance to see them.
i liked grey's anatomy and house.. but they conflicted with other shows i watch before these two started to air.. so whenever i got the time to watch.. i did.. they are both good show.. and just like u like medical shows.. i was really into Law and Order, NYPD blue.. and etc.. i really liked them.. but now i sort of stopped..
 
Top