TV The Television Show Thread

Venom65437

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: The Television Show Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
The Shield rocks! Brian BendisMichael Chicklis is one badass you dont wanna mess with on that show. :D

I'm also re-watching Samurai Jack. :D
Michel Chiklis could whoop Brian Bendis with both hands tied behind his back... :D
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Venom65437 said:
Michel Chiklis could whoop Brian Bendis with both hands tied behind his back... :D
Yes he could. He is the Thing! :D
 

Aladar

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2006
Messages
491
Reaction score
67
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Czech Republic
Re: The Television Show Thread!

House, M.D. is my favourite show. I love the way House acts :) I also watch 4400 from time to time, but I've seen only like.. 4 episodes.. Also, I plan to watch Dexter (one episode seen, and it rocks), and the rest of Heroes (I've seen 6 episodes).. But House is the best :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: The Television Show Thread!

What is the deal with writers killing off characters in completely unimportant and almost filler episodes of vastly cult popular series/comics etc?

I first noticed this with Angel, when..
Doyle was killed off, this was my first favorite Scottish actor, who unfortunately later passed on in real life, may God rest his soul.
.... but that's a whole Joss Whedon thing I'd rather not get into because he's going to be writing for Runaways soon and I'm sure I'll have a whole new batch of complaints about his writing when he kills of Molly, Nico, Chase etc basically leaving Victor and Xavin to have robo/alien sex with each other.

Now on Stargate Atlantis
THEY KILLED CARSON!!!! WTF???????? It was such a fucked up death also. The episode was like a damn filler of all fillers with no solid storyline and confusion, and they killed him off. Of course considering all the nameless soldiers and people that die on Stargate shows, I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm starting to honestly believe sci fi writers have something against Scottish people..

And that's my rant for TV of the day, thank you for reading.
 

Holland

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
138
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

NBC's show Heroes has me captivated
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Aladar said:
House, M.D. is my favourite show. I love the way House acts :) I also watch 4400 from time to time, but I've seen only like.. 4 episodes.. Also, I plan to watch Dexter (one episode seen, and it rocks), and the rest of Heroes (I've seen 6 episodes).. But House is the best :D
SOMEONE else has seen Dexter. That show is so great.
 

Holland

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
138
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I need to see this show Dexter. what network is it on?
 

blasta

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
214
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Holland said:
I need to see this show Dexter. what network is it on?
The network its on is Showtime and the first season ended already.

NeoShweaty said:
SOMEONE else has seen Dexter. That show is so great.
Nice and good to see more people watching Dexter. I watch it too and I posted about it a few pages back. Dexter and Heroes are just brilliant and amazing and I just can't wait for next season of Dexter and next Monday Jan 22nd for more Heroes!

Oh and almost forgot next Monday along with Heroes, Prison Break is back too!
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

What is Dexter about? exactly ?
 

qwan3356

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
24
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Heroes
Smallville
Family Guy,
Boondocks
Futurama
How i met your mom
24
prison break
and i'll add more lata
 

Raseru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
687
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

What is Ugly Betty about? Could someone please give me the gist of it? It's airing soon and I was wondering whether or not to steer clear of it.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Television Show Thread!

If you have heard of Columbian telenovela entitled "(Yo soy) Betty la fea", this is the U.S. adaptation. Click here for a summary of Ugly Betty in ABC.com, and here's the Wikipedia article. Incidentally, it won Best Television Series - Comedy or Musical in the recently concluded Golden Globe Awards :oh
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I saw the (original) telenovela version of Betty la fea. It was quite popular here. I only saw it several times and not to keen about it. But my aunts loves that show. They even made me look for the DVD. :D
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

deathshadow25 said:
What is Dexter about? exactly ?
Dexter is about a man who works for the police as a forensics investigator, specifically dealing with how blood spreads out on a crime scene and from that he is able to determine how someone was killed. The twist is that, he is also a serial killer but he has his own code for killing. Then they throw in the case of the season, which is the Ice Truck Killer case. The ITK, kills people, women mostly, and leaves them places for the police to find with no blood in the body at all and in pieces. Dexter immediately gets interested in the case as a fellow killer. Also, Dexter was found at a crime scene and adopted by a cop. Everyone knows that what happened to Dexter was horrible but no one is talking. Why does dexter kill? What happened at the crime scene? Who is the Ice Truck Killer? Will anyone find out about Dexter's killings?

This series is 12 episodes long for now and i would recommend that everyone go and download it because it is just that great. One of the best new shows (with Heroes, of course) of last year.
 

deathshadow25

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
753
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

NeoShweaty said:
Dexter is about a man who works for the police as a forensics investigator, specifically dealing with how blood spreads out on a crime scene and from that he is able to determine how someone was killed. The twist is that, he is also a serial killer but he has his own code for killing. Then they throw in the case of the season, which is the Ice Truck Killer case. The ITK, kills people, women mostly, and leaves them places for the police to find with no blood in the body at all and in pieces. Dexter immediately gets interested in the case as a fellow killer. Also, Dexter was found at a crime scene and adopted by a cop. Everyone knows that what happened to Dexter was horrible but no one is talking. Why does dexter kill? What happened at the crime scene? Who is the Ice Truck Killer? Will anyone find out about Dexter's killings?

This series is 12 episodes long for now and i would recommend that everyone go and download it because it is just that great. One of the best new shows (with Heroes, of course) of last year.
WOW that sounds so cool and awesome almost like a really awesome seinen manga What network is it on I HAVE to check it out now [br]Posted on: January 23, 2007, 11:02:43 PM_________________________________________________sorry it's on showtime no need to answer my question
 

grim jao

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Re: The Television Show Thread!

NeoShweaty said:
SOMEONE else has seen Dexter. That show is so great.
dude dexter rocks the season finale was awesome
also like the boondocks
scrubs
the daily show and colbert report
and pretty much anything that comes on adult swim
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I saw the (original) telenovela version of Betty la fea. It was quite popular here. I only saw it several times and not to keen about it. But my aunts loves that show. They even made me look for the DVD.
I think i have seen 2 eps of a spanish remake of Betty la fea ((La few mas letty or something like that)) i have watched Ugly betty its alright but thats about it for me >.< I like gilmore alot more >__>
 

Azurel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
12
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Heroes was great. In the beginning, I was a little skeptical where the story is going but it seems to be really interesting.. It feels like something straight out of a comic book.. :XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Azurel said:
Heroes was great. In the beginning, I was a little skeptical where the story is going but it seems to be really interesting.. It feels like something straight out of a comic book.. :XD
Yes, i saw it last night (finally). Teleportation FTW!!!
 

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Heroes is amazing. I first heard people raving about it... um ...probably right here in this thread. then I went home to my family around christmas and my friend had the entire season one, (or was that a half season?) and me and two of my brothers watched all of it in one night. I had no idea what I was getting into and now I am hooked. I watch the new episodes and the comentary online at www.nbc.com now every tuesday.
 
Top