TV The Television Show Thread

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Does anyone else here watch TNA or WWE wrestling?
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Haha! Yeah, it's on your avatar, yazzie! :XD I can't help it, i even say it at work. For instance, if a coworker ask me to do something or one of them are complaining about something, i just say stuff like, "Fix the printer?! This is SPARTA!" or "Tired?! This is SPARTA!"

Well, i dont usually watch TNA or WWE. But my friends, who likes to come here alot, watch TNA all the time, even now he's watchign Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe.

Oh, i'm currently catching up on Friday Night Lights. It's awesome!! :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I used to watch the WWE a few years ago. I still can't beleive the stuff with Chris Benoit o.o Even Eddie Gerero (sp?) dieing was a shock.
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Chris Benoit stuff was freaking horrible. Being a big fan, I was crushed. I love Kurt Angle in TNA and I love lots of WWE guys but Shawn Michaels has been my fan since I was a kid. (Tommy Dreamer and Raven will always have a special places in my heart though because they were sooooo nice to me when I got to meet them. (I have pictures with Raven.)
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Kurt Angle's on TNA now? ,oO Wow, I hadn't realized. Shawn Michaels is HBK, right?
 

genkigemini

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
242
Reaction score
7
Age
46
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Kurt Angle jumped ship a while back and came in to TNA on top and has stayed there.

And you are right, Shawn Michaels is HBK.
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

OMG. House last night >.> The patient scaredddddd me ;_; And House's poor guitar XD
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Who watched Ugly Betty on Thursday?! ;____;

I tore up badly.

DAMNIT! I believed he was alive! And now it just ;____: UGH UGH. And Alexis. I mean ALEX. Oh my GOD.

And yes! More Justin in Mode :D That's gonna be fun :D
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Ahhhhhh i'm so happy, finally some good tv shows out for download !
Heroes, Prison break and Californication, that's pretty much my array for television. ^_____^
I also dont mind the occasional family guy and simpsons. Although two cartoon shows i'm quite fond of are Futurama and American dad, those two are sooooo funny =]
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I love Futurama too <3 Never met anyone before who likes American Dad more than Family Guy though...may I ask what you like more about it? Personally, I prefer Family Guy, but I've never really given American Dad much of a chance :amuse

btw...did anyone here see the Star Wars Family Guy special? I missed it... :wall
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

=O !
Of course you may ask ! XD
I dunno haha, i guess i've seen more family guy than american dad, but from what i've seen of american dad, the comedy is less parody-like ? I mean usually family guy is an episode full of parodies about other things, i.e. other shows, political events, cultural cliches and dont get me wrong, nothing wrong about that, keeps me laughing.
Although from what i've seen of American Dad, is how it's just so random yet each ep has a well tied together story, but that's just me ^__^
 
Last edited:

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

I still watch King of the hill. Heros second season yay
 

Ichigo

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
152
Reaction score
8
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

i didn't read through this whole thread but some of my favs

Entourage

John from Cinncinatti

Big Love

Simpsons

Lots of Spurs NBA and 49ers or some good american NFL football
 

M3HD!

Banned
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Mine Are :

Prison Break
24 H
Heroes
Simpsons
futurama
 

Slippers

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

xD
Heroes, Prison Break, House, Discovery Channel stuff, and Leafs, Raptors, and Jays games
That's basicly it
 

macherie

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
415
Reaction score
16
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: The Television Show Thread!

btw...did anyone here see the Star Wars Family Guy special? I missed it... :wall

Oh my goodness, i just found out my sister's friend burnt it for her and borrowed it for a moment. My goodness it's pretty awesome, when i have the time and the bandwidth i'll try and upload it for you ^^
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: The Television Show Thread!

That episode was so hilarious. It was even better because the week after it came on, my Lit. teacher was talking about connections to myth and literature in Star Wars. I was snickering so hard.
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Hmm, I like Scrubs, Monk, Psych, House M.D., South Park, and Burn Notice.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Television might get canceled!!!

I got an email from my Heroes's forum about the possibility of the show being canceled. Turns out a lot of shows are going to end. The Writers Guild of America is striking. That means ALL of the tv shows that aren't reality tv will very possibly be ending early.

sauce

Here is where the writers explain there strike http://www.wga.org/subpage_member.aspx?id=2402

If the strike lasts for years on end then there is also the possibility that movies will get affected but I'm hoping Hollywood takes the bullet and starts giving writers more money before they fuck around with my Thor movie.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The Television Show Thread!

Here is the jist of it : The writers want more money they are not getting enough from the DVD sales and the Digital Downloads thus they are striking.

The first shows to be effected will be late night t.v. such as letterman,daily show, SNL , ect . Followed by Daytime Dramas (soaps) by January those will more then likely be on repeats.

Heroes will more then likely end after the end of Volume 2 and will just wait and come back with volume 3-4 next year insted of 4 (-5?)

The shows on NOW will start running out of new episodes come Febuary.

The shows that will benifit from this are (off the top of my head) :

One tree hill
24
October road
LOST
New Amsterdam

And a few others but a majority will be long gone.

Come summer of next year there will be nothing but Game shows and Reality TV on no new episodes of ANY series will be on air.

Then comes fall the new season should start but if the writers are still striking this is when shows will be killed all the first season shows will be gone and depeneding on the ratings at the time of the last episode that aired the new shows will be up in the air.

Soaps will be the major cliffhanger qustion what will happen to them? fans have been watching those for upwards of 50 years and now the shows are just going to stop? and with ratings the way they are for Soaps atm they can't afford to lose more viewers so i expect if this last long then shows such as Guiding light, Days of our lives and All My Children will be canned if this last to long.

This sucks and the writers deserve the money so just give it to them ;-)
 
Top