The truth will set you free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why black chocolate is moe? :D

Because it's tasty... and cute... :derp
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, so you've had a lot of black chocolate, eh? :heh
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
I'm glad you enjoyed the film; I left most of my thoughts on it in the movie thread, but I'll add to a few things here after I reading your post:

I couldn't decide whether it was his best performance as Loki but I'm glad to see you've made your choice. Tom Hiddleston was I agree, really engrossed in his playing of Loki, as he had previously, but moreso in this instalment. Some of the scenes, especially with Frigga in his cell and when Thor finally comes to visit him, are very emotional and deep. Despite all that he says to Frigga about his birth and her role as his mother, I think the love he bears for her is clear to see and it is further shown when Thor comes to visit him and immediately calls his bluff of illusion.
Besides Loki, I'd also like to note on Chris Hemsworth's performance. It's really enjoyable when you can notice a character's personal growth through several films. The impact that the New York incident and Jane have on him, makes him almost unable to enjoy any time with his comrades or his victories across the many realms he's saved. Beyond the fights and action, I enjoyed those 2 character's personal, emotional scenes most.

You're right, Odin is a jerk. Even I went "ouch" after that scene; it was so uncalled for. Also when he instructs the medical team to stop examining Jane and have her returned to Midgard. Right that he could've been in that her place wasn't among Asgardians, but there are ways and times to handle such matters. Also his willingness to sacrifice the entire army in order to fend off the enemy's attack, instead of listen to Thor's plan of luring them away from the realm.

The ending was surprising. I thought something was quite suspicious when the soldier appeared before Odin in the throne room to report to him( note, that this is also the same soldier Loki disguises himself as when Thor breaks him out of the prison :)), but I didn't really think much of it until the end. It was quite surprising. I'm not sure nor recall reading anything about the next Thor film but if the ending means anything, it would possibly be more focused on Asgard and the aftermath of Frigga's death and possibly discovering that Loki is on the throne. Where do you suppose Odin is now? dead? locked up somewhere?
Yeah, the scene with Frigga in his cell is really emotional. When he shouts to her that Odin is not his father and Frigga asks if she's not his mother, it is plain to see how Loki has to force himself to say no. I think Frigga's death really makes a great impact on him. I mean, she's the last person to still care about him and now she's dead. He must have felt all the more lonely and angry.
Yeah, Thor seems really different now, is he? Though I still feel a bit annoyed that he spares no thought for Loki when he's in prison, I kind of understand his position and reasons. When he interacts with Loki, it is apparent that he really wants to trust him again, but he knows that he can't. That's a wise decision really. I feel bad that he thought Loki died honorably when actually Loki fools him once more.
You know, the moments I watched Odin being a jerk, I looked at his missing eye and wondered what did he trade it for because obviously it's not wisdom. Heck, even Thor is a lot wiser and mature than he is in this movie.
I've got the bad feeling since that soldier appeared in that place (I forget what the name is) because the moment he appears, his spear shines with magic, showing it as Loki's illusion. That moment, I only felt happy that Loki's not dead, but then... when he reports to Odin, I thought 'uh-oh' and when he reveals himself after Thor is gone, "UH-OH".
I don't think Odin is dead. As we know, Odin is the person Loki hates the most, so he won't let Odin die. That will be too easy and undeserving. I think that's also why Odin's death is not shown in the movie because, he's not dead. He's probably jailed somewhere to be tortured by Loki or something.

---------- Post added at 06:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Glad to hear that.

Gonna watch the movie later this week... But only because I need it for Agents of SHIELD... <.<
Ho? You watch Agents of SHIELD too? :wtf

Ha! and you thought she'd be mad at me. Yuki can't hate me, she's the ghost of my thread :nod
You should not be so sure about that "can't hate" part...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Ho? You watch Agents of SHIELD too? :wtf
Sure do. I really like the MCU.:D
I'm happy it's quite good by now. :blush

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Oh, so you've had a lot of black chocolate, eh? :heh
Yeah it's very tasty. :blush
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Could this mean this thread does not have much of a life left in it :worrybunny
Thank you for saying it so clearly. :notamused

---------- Post added at 06:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Oi, I'm younger than you. :o
My reaction here is the same as Sky's: You are? :o

You always give off the vibe of someone much older...

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 AM ----------

Sure do. I really like the MCU.:D
I'm happy it's quite good by now. :blush
I'm not really into MCU. I first watched it only for the sake of Agent Coulson, but now I really like the whole team...
Yep, it is. :blush
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My reaction here is the same as Sky's: You are? :o

You always give off the vibe of someone much older..
Totally. :o


I'm not really into MCU. I first watched it only for the sake of Agent Coulson, but now I really like the whole team...
Yep, it is. :blush
But you like the Thor movies? :D
Yeah the team finally learned acting... :XD
So I have to watch Thor 2 until episode 8 airs. :nod
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Wait, that I'm younger than Sky thing wasn't a joke? o_O

Thank you for saying it so clearly. :notamused
Believe it or not, there was no irony. I had no idea the post number was so close to auto thread death.
Really, I can make better lame jokes than that.

*Darn, I'm awesome at covering stuff up*
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
But you like the Thor movies? :D
Yeah the team finally learned acting... :XD
So I have to watch Thor 2 until episode 8 airs. :nod
Yep. Or to be exact, I love Loki. He's the sole reason I watched Thor 1. (Among the MCU movies, I watched The Avengers first.)
Hahaha...
Oh well,
I was wondering why SHIELD does not appear at all in Thor 2...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess we will see what they did when episode 8 airs. :nod
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Wait, that I'm younger than Sky thing wasn't a joke? o_O
I don't really get what you're saying.

Believe it or not, there was no irony. I had no idea the post number was so close to auto thread death.
Really, I can make better lame jokes than that.

*Darn, I'm awesome at covering stuff up*
*no, you're not fooling anyone*

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 AM ----------

I guess we will see what they did when episode 8 airs. :nod
Yeah, guess so. But eps 8 still seems so far away...
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't really get what you're saying
He thought that Bob being younger than me was a joke.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Yeah, guess so. But eps 8 still seems so far away...
Oh it will come sooner than we think... :D
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, the scene with Frigga in his cell is really emotional. When he shouts to her that Odin is not his father and Frigga asks if she's not his mother, it is plain to see how Loki has to force himself to say no. I think Frigga's death really makes a great impact on him. I mean, she's the last person to still care about him and now she's dead. He must have felt all the more lonely and angry.
Yeah, Thor seems really different now, is he? Though I still feel a bit annoyed that he spares no thought for Loki when he's in prison, I kind of understand his position and reasons. When he interacts with Loki, it is apparent that he really wants to trust him again, but he knows that he can't. That's a wise decision really. I feel bad that he thought Loki died honorably when actually Loki fools him once more.
You know, the moments I watched Odin being a jerk, I looked at his missing eye and wondered what did he trade it for because obviously it's not wisdom. Heck, even Thor is a lot wiser and mature than he is in this movie.
I've got the bad feeling since that soldier appeared in that place (I forget what the name is) because the moment he appears, his spear shines with magic, showing it as Loki's illusion. That moment, I only felt happy that Loki's not dead, but then... when he reports to Odin, I thought 'uh-oh' and when he reveals himself after Thor is gone, "UH-OH".
I don't think Odin is dead. As we know, Odin is the person Loki hates the most, so he won't let Odin die. That will be too easy and undeserving. I think that's also why Odin's death is not shown in the movie because, he's not dead. He's probably jailed somewhere to be tortured by Loki or something.
Yes that's the exact moment I was referring to. It's obvious to see where his affections lie.
Regarding Thor's growth and maturity over the course of the film, it's a real credit to the writers to have made that as clear as they did for us viewers. All the more apparent during his clashes with Odin. One could see that Thor indeed had come to deserve the throne but as he notes later, has no interest to rule from the seat.
It will really feel disappointing for Thor once he realises that even in their apparent cooperation and resulting death, Loki still couldn't be trusted. This will be the final straw, I believe; any and all regards he had for Loki would be gone. He despised him for what he did in the first film and to Earth in the Avengers movie, but had come to respect him for sacrificing himself to save Jane.

Apparently Odin being a jerk is something that is canon in the comics lol; glad at least to see that the producers are staying true to that :XD. You're right that Thori is a lot wiser than him, Odin proves at times that he may have become unfit to rule. Thor has come a long way, experienced various civilisation and people. It has matured him in removing that rashness from his decision making and factor in the safety of the people when making judgements.

I agree, he's probably locked up one Loki's secret passageways that not even Heimdall can sense. Regular torture sounds like it...


You should not be so sure about that "can't hate" part...
Right now, I'm pretty sure of it. :glomp

Yeah it's very tasty. :blush
You chocolate lover :jk hopefully there'll be a moe chocolate girl for you one day.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
He thought that Bob being younger than me was a joke.

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------



Oh it will come sooner than we think... :D
Oh, I see.

Let's hope so.

I was referring to Bob being younger than Sky. I thought he was just joking.



That was as good of an attempt to save my face as I could make. Not good enough? =/
I see now.

Nope. It still sounds to much like an excuse.

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Yes that's the exact moment I was referring to. It's obvious to see where his affections lie.
Regarding Thor's growth and maturity over the course of the film, it's a real credit to the writers to have made that as clear as they did for us viewers. All the more apparent during his clashes with Odin. One could see that Thor indeed had come to deserve the throne but as he notes later, has no interest to rule from the seat.
It will really feel disappointing for Thor once he realises that even in their apparent cooperation and resulting death, Loki still couldn't be trusted. This will be the final straw, I believe; any and all regards he had for Loki would be gone. He despised him for what he did in the first film and to Earth in the Avengers movie, but had come to respect him for sacrificing himself to save Jane.

Apparently Odin being a jerk is something that is canon in the comics lol; glad at least to see that the producers are staying true to that :XD. You're right that Thori is a lot wiser than him, Odin proves at times that he may have become unfit to rule. Thor has come a long way, experienced various civilisation and people. It has matured him in removing that rashness from his decision making and factor in the safety of the people when making judgements.

I agree, he's probably locked up one Loki's secret passageways that not even Heimdall can sense. Regular torture sounds like it...
I honestly didn't expect Thor to reject the throne, but I think that's maybe the best decision he's made... I mean, when you have power, you might become blinded by it... As shown by Odin.
I dread the moment Thor finds out about Loki... What will happen... Oh, what will happen..
But it seems weird to me that Odin is so much of a jerk in this movie, yet in the first movie, he does not seem that bad. A bad parent for not being honest with Loki, but still, not as bad as in the second movie. It still seems that he does love Loki as his son in the first movie (though not as loving as Frigga) especially when Loki first confronts him about his real parentage, but suddenly in the beginning of the second movie, he said those hurting words. Why did he adopt Loki that long ago if he thinks that way??
Yeah.. Loki will make Odin pay. In retrospect, Loki's fall is indeed caused primarily by Odin.

Right now, I'm pretty sure of it. :glomp
If you know me well enough, you'll find out that my mind changes as quick and as unpredictable as lightning. Just ask phio. There are times when I defend her from the wolves, but there are times when I throw her to the wolves. *shrug* I can hate you in any second now...
 
Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,005
Reaction score
6,627
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
So, were you joking or not, Bob?

Nope. It still sounds to much like an excuse.
I see. Too bad, I shouldn't have left my eloquence to rust for this long. Out of shape..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top