Still not telling me why! 






I'm glad you enjoyed the film; I left most of my thoughts on it in the movie thread, but I'll add to a few things here after I reading your post:
I couldn't decide whether it was his best performance as Loki but I'm glad to see you've made your choice. Tom Hiddleston was I agree, really engrossed in his playing of Loki, as he had previously, but moreso in this instalment. Some of the scenes, especially with Frigga in his cell and when Thor finally comes to visit him, are very emotional and deep. Despite all that he says to Frigga about his birth and her role as his mother, I think the love he bears for her is clear to see and it is further shown when Thor comes to visit him and immediately calls his bluff of illusion.
Besides Loki, I'd also like to note on Chris Hemsworth's performance. It's really enjoyable when you can notice a character's personal growth through several films. The impact that the New York incident and Jane have on him, makes him almost unable to enjoy any time with his comrades or his victories across the many realms he's saved. Beyond the fights and action, I enjoyed those 2 character's personal, emotional scenes most.
You're right, Odin is a jerk. Even I went "ouch" after that scene; it was so uncalled for. Also when he instructs the medical team to stop examining Jane and have her returned to Midgard. Right that he could've been in that her place wasn't among Asgardians, but there are ways and times to handle such matters. Also his willingness to sacrifice the entire army in order to fend off the enemy's attack, instead of listen to Thor's plan of luring them away from the realm.
The ending was surprising. I thought something was quite suspicious when the soldier appeared before Odin in the throne room to report to him( note, that this is also the same soldier Loki disguises himself as when Thor breaks him out of the prison), but I didn't really think much of it until the end. It was quite surprising. I'm not sure nor recall reading anything about the next Thor film but if the ending means anything, it would possibly be more focused on Asgard and the aftermath of Frigga's death and possibly discovering that Loki is on the throne. Where do you suppose Odin is now? dead? locked up somewhere?
Ho? You watch Agents of SHIELD too?Glad to hear that.
Gonna watch the movie later this week... But only because I need it for Agents of SHIELD... <.<

You should not be so sure about that "can't hate" part...Ha! and you thought she'd be mad at me. Yuki can't hate me, she's the ghost of my thread![]()
Sure do. I really like the MCU.Ho? You watch Agents of SHIELD too?![]()


Yeah it's very tasty.Oh, so you've had a lot of black chocolate, eh?![]()

Thank you for saying it so clearly.Could this mean this thread does not have much of a life left in it![]()

Oi, I'm younger than you.![]()
My reaction here is the same as Sky's: You are?You are?![]()

I'm not really into MCU. I first watched it only for the sake of Agent Coulson, but now I really like the whole team...Sure do. I really like the MCU.
I'm happy it's quite good by now.![]()

Totally.My reaction here is the same as Sky's: You are?
You always give off the vibe of someone much older..

But you like the Thor movies?I'm not really into MCU. I first watched it only for the sake of Agent Coulson, but now I really like the whole team...
Yep, it is.![]()



Believe it or not, there was no irony. I had no idea the post number was so close to auto thread death.Thank you for saying it so clearly.![]()
Yep. Or to be exact, I love Loki. He's the sole reason I watched Thor 1. (Among the MCU movies, I watched The Avengers first.)But you like the Thor movies?
Yeah the team finally learned acting...
So I have to watch Thor 2 until episode 8 airs.![]()

I don't really get what you're saying.Wait, that I'm younger than Sky thing wasn't a joke? o_O
*no, you're not fooling anyone*Believe it or not, there was no irony. I had no idea the post number was so close to auto thread death.
Really, I can make better lame jokes than that.
*Darn, I'm awesome at covering stuff up*
Yeah, guess so. But eps 8 still seems so far away...I guess we will see what they did when episode 8 airs.
He thought that Bob being younger than me was a joke.I don't really get what you're saying
Oh it will come sooner than we think...Yeah, guess so. But eps 8 still seems so far away...

I was referring to Bob being younger than Sky. I thought he was just joking.I don't really get what you're saying.
That was as good of an attempt to save my face as I could make. Not good enough? =/*no, you're not fooling anyone*
Yeah, the scene with Frigga in his cell is really emotional. When he shouts to her that Odin is not his father and Frigga asks if she's not his mother, it is plain to see how Loki has to force himself to say no. I think Frigga's death really makes a great impact on him. I mean, she's the last person to still care about him and now she's dead. He must have felt all the more lonely and angry.
Yeah, Thor seems really different now, is he? Though I still feel a bit annoyed that he spares no thought for Loki when he's in prison, I kind of understand his position and reasons. When he interacts with Loki, it is apparent that he really wants to trust him again, but he knows that he can't. That's a wise decision really. I feel bad that he thought Loki died honorably when actually Loki fools him once more.
You know, the moments I watched Odin being a jerk, I looked at his missing eye and wondered what did he trade it for because obviously it's not wisdom. Heck, even Thor is a lot wiser and mature than he is in this movie.
I've got the bad feeling since that soldier appeared in that place (I forget what the name is) because the moment he appears, his spear shines with magic, showing it as Loki's illusion. That moment, I only felt happy that Loki's not dead, but then... when he reports to Odin, I thought 'uh-oh' and when he reveals himself after Thor is gone, "UH-OH".
I don't think Odin is dead. As we know, Odin is the person Loki hates the most, so he won't let Odin die. That will be too easy and undeserving. I think that's also why Odin's death is not shown in the movie because, he's not dead. He's probably jailed somewhere to be tortured by Loki or something.
. You're right that Thori is a lot wiser than him, Odin proves at times that he may have become unfit to rule. Thor has come a long way, experienced various civilisation and people. It has matured him in removing that rashness from his decision making and factor in the safety of the people when making judgements.Right now, I'm pretty sure of it.You should not be so sure about that "can't hate" part...

You chocolate loverYeah it's very tasty.![]()
hopefully there'll be a moe chocolate girl for you one day.
Oh, I see.He thought that Bob being younger than me was a joke.
---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------
Oh it will come sooner than we think...![]()
I see now.I was referring to Bob being younger than Sky. I thought he was just joking.
That was as good of an attempt to save my face as I could make. Not good enough? =/
Yes that's the exact moment I was referring to. It's obvious to see where his affections lie.
Regarding Thor's growth and maturity over the course of the film, it's a real credit to the writers to have made that as clear as they did for us viewers. All the more apparent during his clashes with Odin. One could see that Thor indeed had come to deserve the throne but as he notes later, has no interest to rule from the seat.
It will really feel disappointing for Thor once he realises that even in their apparent cooperation and resulting death, Loki still couldn't be trusted. This will be the final straw, I believe; any and all regards he had for Loki would be gone. He despised him for what he did in the first film and to Earth in the Avengers movie, but had come to respect him for sacrificing himself to save Jane.
Apparently Odin being a jerk is something that is canon in the comics lol; glad at least to see that the producers are staying true to that. You're right that Thori is a lot wiser than him, Odin proves at times that he may have become unfit to rule. Thor has come a long way, experienced various civilisation and people. It has matured him in removing that rashness from his decision making and factor in the safety of the people when making judgements.
I agree, he's probably locked up one Loki's secret passageways that not even Heimdall can sense. Regular torture sounds like it...
If you know me well enough, you'll find out that my mind changes as quick and as unpredictable as lightning. Just ask phio. There are times when I defend her from the wolves, but there are times when I throw her to the wolves. *shrug* I can hate you in any second now...Right now, I'm pretty sure of it.![]()
Awwwww how nice.You chocolate loverhopefully there'll be a moe chocolate girl for you one day.


I see. Too bad, I shouldn't have left my eloquence to rust for this long. Out of shape..Nope. It still sounds to much like an excuse.
Yes but imagine the combination of chocolate and moeAwwwww how nice.
Otaku stuff is enough to make me happy though.![]()

Did it seem like a joke?So, were you joking or not, Bob?
