Discussion - The World Basketball Championship | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion The World Basketball Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

siegfried

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Do you guys watch the championship?

U.S.A is eleminated again as happened in the previous championship and olympics.Greece was amazing today.They almost never missed any shot in second half and scored 80 points in 25 minutes.America has very good players in general but lacks in coach.The coaches made many stupid decisions.Once U.S.A is called the "Dream Team" but now they are only dreaming over winning.

I am from Turkey.We didnt bring 2 of our best players who play in NBA to the championship but this made us only stronger because we started to play real teamplay.Tomorrow we will play against France to take the fifth place.Though half of our players are injured now.I still think we can win against them.

I guess someday America will learn to play teamplay like we learned in this championship.Bringing your best players doesnt mean bringing your best team but until that time European teams will continue to dominate the championships. (I count Argentine as a european too because almost all of their players played in the european teams and they play european style basketball.) 6 of 8 quarter finalists were from Europe even if we count Argentine out.

yeste

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Ah man, the championship is almost over!!! Me think Greece will win it…But Spain can surprise them!!! They did such a great job against Argentina!!! It was a good championship after all. Your team did better then mine!!! Mine national team sucked!!! Almost as much as on Mundial!!! And we were once the champions in basketball!!!

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Are you from serbia or litvania?

yes if Gasol doesnt play in that match Greece will most probably win.if he plays either team has %50 chance.

yeste

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
He,he,he... I wonder just how did you guesed that???

From Serbistan as you call us...

Argentina just didn't have the strength today...

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Umm actually you could have done better in this tournament but I dont know why most of your good players didnt participate. Jaric,Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Drobnjak,Vujanic,Gurovic etc... even Scepenovic would do good for you though I dont like his playing style.The only players who deserved to play in this tournament were Rakocevic and Milicic as much as I see.

I guess it was hard for you to fill the gap when Bodiroga and Rebreca(Tomasevic and a few more can be added too) give up the national team. I mean look at the squad when you won the european championship against us at 2001 and look at the squad now.Only five years has passed and there is not even one player that played in both teams.

I just remembered you won the under 20 european championship this year and there were a few very good players.I wonder why none of them didnt play in this tournament either.Because we had 4 players from under 20 in this tournament.

Keile

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
...With the quality of the players USA has..how can they lose so early within the championship?

I mean, was it really bad coaching or did the players not understanding the concept of complete and total teamwork?

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Actually it wasnt early.America lost in semi-final.

Some players even dont know the meaning of teamplay.Carmelo Anthony shouldnt be called to the national team for example.He never intended to give passes to other players,always shooting when he has the ball and mostly missing.Even in last minute you had a chance to win the match but Carmelo Anthony missed the shot and you lost.if he passed the ball to a better shooter (shooting from long range is not the best thing he can do),you could win.

in that match Dwight Howard was in very good form.He took 5 offensive rebounds and dunked all of them in first half but in second half he never played because your coach tried the stupidest strategy ever.I mean what stupid person can decide to take out his center and allow the other team to score under the hoop easily.Actually you were leading the match in first half but because of your coach's desicions they gained the lead and never gave it to you after that.

yeste

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
siegfried said:
Umm actually you could have done better in this tournament but I dont know why most of your good players didnt participate. Jaric,Stojakovic,Radmanovic,Drobnjak,Vujanic,Gurovic etc... even Scepenovic would do good for you though I dont like his playing style.The only players who deserved to play in this tournament were Rakocevic and Milicic as much as I see.

I guess it was hard for you to fill the gap when Bodiroga and Rebreca(Tomasevic and a few more can be added too) give up the national team. I mean look at the squad when you won the european championship against us at 2001 and look at the squad now.Only five years has passed and there is not even one player that played in both teams.

I just remembered you won the under 20 european championship this year and there were a few very good players.I wonder why none of them didnt play in this tournament either.Because we had 4 players from under 20 in this tournament.
Of course we could have done better, err we could have won this tournament!!! Why not??? We’ve won quite a few so far!!! JoKiNg… Well you see, the problem is that most of our players ( stupid f****) are ( believe it or not!!!) refusing to play!!!!!! After what happened on that last Euro that played in our county ( we didn’t even pass the group stage!!!) nobody wants to “bite the bullet” and play!!! So now, our team is in the process of reforming…

You do know that that team from 2001 was the second greatest team we ever had!!! And that was an awesome game against you guys in the final!!! Madness!!! But almost nobody from that team wants to play anymore!!! Every single player from NBA ( except Milicic) refused to play!!! Funny thing, as soon as they get their hands on a loooooooot of money, they forget who they are and where are they coming from!!!

The greatest in this avoiding game was Stojakovic, for the Olympics in Greece!!! He actually said that he didn’t know when are the Olympic games, so he booked vacation in that time… Yeah, that was an unfortunate accident, my ass!!!

Basically, all of the current players form my country ( and there are a few great ones!!) are as we call second rate players!!! No one of them has what it takes to fill in the places of the players who played before them and achieved everything in this sport!!! They have a huge complex of inferiority, and what is even worse, they don’t even want to try!!!

As for the younger categories, he, he, he we are wining there since forever!!! Lots of talents, but when they need to show what they really are, they turn out to be fakes!!!!

I mean, it takes a real man to take place of someone like Djordjevic, Danilovic, Divac, Paspalj…

Hopefully we’ll get back sometime!!!! ( I wish!!!)

Nice to see another Basketball fan here!!! Your team has gods and bads in this sport, but I hope both our teams will manage to become really strong in the future and beat Lithuania!!!! ( because, in basketball I fear them the most!!! When they have good team, you can just step aside, ‘cause there’s no way they’ll lose!!! Yeap, I fear them more than the US team… Way more!!! )

Ahhhhhhhh, the final is starting!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m gone…..

Ah, i cheered for Grece, but

Spain is World Basketball Champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

siegfried

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
wow,I didnt expect Spain to defend this well.I guess another team to be afraid of appeared.Every team must has a player like Garbajosa.

My observation about your team is you have way too much star players and they dont like to struggle much.I think that is why you are not as succesful as you used to be.(I am counting this tournament out) Normally people think wow we have a lot of very good players so we certainly will become succesfull but the reality is different.Greece doesnt have any real star players but they became the finalist in this tournament.The time has changed,the ones who struggle more win the matches now.

Btw next world championship is in Turkey,I believe we will have a better team in here.so I really want to see a better Serbia team too.I certainly would like to play against a Serbia instead of Greece ,coz they are pretty boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.