Seinen - The World Is Mine by Arai Hideki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen The World Is Mine by Arai Hideki

shego

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
It truly doesn't get more seinen than this!

Meet Mon, a violent killer faithful only to his own eruptive desires, and his timid companion Toshi, a demolition-devil with a fanatical thirst for destruction. Their killing-spree across Japan is destined to intersect the path of the enormous "Higumadon", a mysterious beast on a Godzilla-like rampage from Hokkaido towards Tokyo.
http://www.kefi.org/twim.php

The first volume is really weird, but things literally explode from volume 2 and on, check it out!

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: The World Is Mine!

Yep, people should read this ;)

kforblack

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

This manga is better than anything else in this forum

pep

Reaction score
Country
Argentina

this thread should have a lot more than 3 posts...

GGpX

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada

It should, but unfortunately, too many children are busy discussing the irrelevance of Naruto or Bleach...

J-Watt

Reaction score
Country
United States

Looks neat. I'm downloading now.

It should, but unfortunately, too many children are busy discussing the irrelevance of Naruto or Bleach...
Huh. I guess people can be snooty about their hobbies no matter what they are...

Imperium

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands

Well, since i gave fairy tail a go because KEFI recommended it, i'll try this out. i mean they wont scan a manga that is not that good, would they??? :D

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The plot looks interesting and not the type that stretches out to a biliions of chapters. I'll give it a shot.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

this thread should have a lot more than 3 posts...
I would've bumped it if vol4 got done.

QUICK who would win in a fight??

Kano from Freesia or Mon??

Lord Yu

Reaction score
Country
United States

I saw scans of this one. They blew my mind.

shego

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico

The first chapter of vol4 got scanlated and released today.

Oh fuck, double post, and ch. 33 is out!

Alright, I'm doubleposting again, I didn't wanted to but ch. 34 is really good shit and you guys should check it out.

Last edited:

Revilenigma

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Kano any day of the week.

Holy crap do I love The world is mine, great little political/sci-fi?/psychological manga

pandaemonium

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The World Is Mine by Arai Hideki (v14)

If you think the first 9 volumes are good, just wait until volume 14. It is one of the most epic things I've seen in my life.

The problem with TWiM is that it starts out rather slow in vol.1/first part of vol.2, so people don't stay with it until they get to the amazing parts.

Volume 9 is now released; things truly start getting epic.

Last edited:

Umbra Wolf

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The problem with TWiM is that it starts out rather slow in vol.1/first part of vol.2, so people don't stay with it until they get to the amazing parts.
Than you for pinpointing my exact problem. I like the general idea of this manga and would gladly start to read this since the premise is very intriging.

Could you or someone else be so nice and give me a good starting point at the time when you thought that the manga started to accelerate; so I might start from there on?

Revilenigma

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Than you for pinpointing my exact problem. I like the general idea of this manga and would gladly start to read this since the premise is very intriging.

Could you or someone else be so nice and give me a good starting point at the time when you thought that the manga started to accelerate; so I might start from there on?
... I would recommend you start from the beginning but if you can't... then I suggest volume 2:notrust

pandaemonium

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, I'd recommend skimming Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 to get a quick summary, or just find a plot summary online. I'll probably post a summarized first two volumes once I finish the Edited Manga, since that probably will get more people to read on.

I'd say somewhere along the lines of chapter 15 or so, so the middle of 2. That's where the over-the-top violence takes a back seat to character development and plot. Once you get more into the story, however, I'd recommend going back and reading 1 and 2 so you can get the introduction and the setup of things to come.

And volume 10 should be out by the end of the month.

Syphilias

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd be willing to translate the last 4...

mrhazuki

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Please do! This manga deserves to be finished!

barbapapa

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Contact the guys at Gantz_Waitingroom if you're willing to work on it.

iarsom

Reaction score
Country
Cyprus
These are my ramblings from a kind of breakdown I had. At any rate, I hope whatever this is gives a clue about the love I have for this manga:

The world is mine is a wonderful manga. It is one of the few works of art that manage to Transend what it means to be in their medium. In this way TWIM is more of a thesis, of philosophy of sorts. It achieves this by being solely married to its themes, disregarding whatever notions of quality other works get judged upon. It has jokes out of place, deaths out of place, rape out of place complementing the fact of it being a relatively obscure manga. Either way it is a great manga and viewing it as a total work of art it is beyond even that.

Themes like morality, the nature of humanity and existentialism are dealt with extremely philosophically, but without any of the characters monologuing with philosophical rhetoric. The characters, themes and narrative are entirely implicit and interpretable. Everything that is shown to us is up to us to “understand” weirdly unlike other implicit works, it doesn’t impose itself unto the viewer. Paralleling the author twim doesn’t care if you understand or even like it. It does what it does and leaves quietly.

Morality: twim criticizes traditional ethics much like Nietzschean philosophy, it has policemen breaking down, and a god of its own. Even by the end it is not clear if killing people is fine or not even though it was depicted as gruesome and horrible thorough the story. It shows how fragile constructed society is

TWIM is extreme in all its aspects, “manga exaggerating” everything and committing fully to them. Law is made out to be allegorical to the death penalty, Christians go insane after witnessing murder, when given freedom people willfully destroy the world just so they can exercise it.

One if its main themes is power. We see what happens when people want it and when they have it and why they have it. This all culminates to its final messages:
THE WORLD IS YOURS

Power is

THAT WAS 30 THOUSAND YEARS AGO

You have power

THEN YOU’LL BE A GOD

You are power

Expressed in a funny way through Nietzsche’s eternal recurrence (fuck you pendulum)

Mon comes and goes but power was and will be always there.

The aspect that impacted me personally the most is its answer to Camus statement that:” the only important question in phisophy is whether or not one should kill themselves”. Answering that you simply don’t need to. You are a God.