The X-Men 3: The Last Stand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
But in the comics, I kinda found her to be one of the ones msot proud to be a mutant. I really didn't think she'd take it. XD

As for your answer about my drawing in his sig: It's kinda big, in a way. XD[br]Posted on: May 30, 2006, 03:07:27 PM_________________________________________________
Hints of romance between Storm and Beast, and the Rogue/Iceman/Shadowcat love triangle. ^__^
Heheee. XD You really are a fan of the Ultimates. XD I'm more on Uncanny...but from what I know, the movie is somewhat based on Ultimate. XD
 

okyatoks

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
48
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
@DZ: Really Great Comment!!! :ossu :thumbs

BTW: I think Cyclops didn't die... We never saw it... And whatabout the Dark Phoenix Saga... wherein the Phoenix was just a doppelganger of Jean Grey? It has to be... What then will happen to Cable? :xp
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
@DZ: Really Great Comment!!!
Thank you. XD I enjoyed typing that out. XD

^ The movie isn't nescesarily based on the comics. Just a bit of Ultimate, I think. Ultimate was more of an AU though.

True. We didn't see Cyclops die. There is still a hope in me though. XD

It seems though, that none of them dies. XD As we know, Prof. X lives, we haven't seen Cyclops really die, and Jean...well, maybe she'll get re-incarnated as the Phoenix again.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Hollywood's first law: no body = no death
 

lee-nus

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,902
Reaction score
611
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
i think it was a good movie. better than good, actually. even so, was anyone really that surprised that the so called cure wouldnt work all the way...?
oh, and yeah... wtf was up with the invasion of the island? magneto's got a teenager's need for self-assertment or what? ^^
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
wasnt there a cure in the comics? i remember that being addressed for some reason

I wasnt that surprised considering the short effect of leeches power but who knows
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
We have to remember, in the comics, everybody returns from death at the whim of the writers. ;)



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book_death

According to this list, Xavier has died/returned once, Cyclops once, Jean twice and Magneto a whopping THREE times....
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I remember joseph when he was on the x-men. Didnt they think magneto had died and he came back as him? or was that just magneto being gone?

Also, when he came back as Xorn he had died? god i am so out of the loop

.... Jason Todd is back? did i not read about him being horribly bludgened to death by the joker
 

vlado

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2006
Messages
532
Reaction score
9
well , the action was good , and i liked the graphics , but the fact that scott , wolverine , profesor , an jeane(sp?) died , really was a movie killer.
I was like W0T o_O when the profesor died , and he had a wird face before he was *BANG* , damn but magneto and the bad guys really kicked ass , the flame guy rocked my world in that club :D
well it got me back at reading x-men comics :D , and seaing the cartoons again :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Almost everyone in X Men died, and have returned.

Prof X, Jean (billions of times :eyeroll well not really XD), Piotr, Psylocke, Magneto. Many more.

If you remember Toad's lines in the first movie: 'Don't you people ever die?'
It actually was a crack at the fact that people rarely stay dead in the comics. XD
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
psylocke just recently came back right? she just came out of thin air. Yea, they really do just appear
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Liked Hermie's post, they pretty much reflected my own thoughts in better detail. Regarding Cyke's abrupt death, I always think that they shouldn't let contractual rights control a character's fate. If James Marsden wasn't going to be in the movie that much, then just get another Cyke. Oh well.

Good points about Cyke possibly not being dead. I guess there's always the possibility that Cyke could have survived but have been thrown into the future, where he'll have a son named Cable. ;)
 

asmo

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Don't know if this was mentioned before, but what also caught my attention was the soundtrack by John Powell. I think he did a great job at giving every scene its own very special feeling. Theever returning X-men "Leitmotif" was great, but I guess that's kind of standard since Star Wars ;)
 

psypho

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Country
United States
In a word, it failed to introduce how Hank McCoy become an oversized fur ball and is so buddy buddy with the X-Men, like old friends. I also resented how they introduced the sentinel, when in fact, no X-Man has ever faced such a thing and the government has never implemeted them. And what's with Xavier giving tongue and cheek to Wolverine?

In short, I can be a real jerk, ass, and fag in picking at the film the way I do, but seriously. With all kidding aside, I thought it could have been a better job. So in short, it sucked MAJOR racoon balls. Bigger than the one's in my avatar pic.

And that "Leitmotif" thing, that sounded like Star Wars, fockin pissed me off to no end. I'm sorry, but honesty, it made it way too epic, and while still trying to make it more than a super hero movie with depth. It just failed for me.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
In a word, it failed to introduce how Hank McCoy become an oversized fur ball and is so buddy buddy with the X-Men, like old friends. I also resented how they introduced the sentinel, when in fact, no X-Man has ever faced such a thing and the government has never implemeted them. And what's with Xavier giving tongue and cheek to Wolverine?
From the way Hank was with them, it seemed like he was an old student/teacher at the Mansion. I don't think we'll be needing any scenes, flasback or whatnot, to explain that. ;)

I agree, the sentinels thing didn't have any explanations, but then again, I guess we should be happy that they were shown at least in there. XD As a huge fan of the comics, I'd be rather dissapointed to not see a single sentinel in any of the three movies, and I'd be very much happy and pleased enough to see them in one small scene, which has no explanation. ^_^

In short, the sentinel scene made up for the fact that the sentinels had never been introduced before at all. XD And heck! The fastball special was weird, but enjoyable to see in live action XD

Xavier's always given Logan the 'topngue-in-cheek' :oh Remember the 'pigtails' bit in the first movie? Well, something about Logan turning into a little girl, but...yeah XD

In short, I can be a real jerk, ass, and fag in picking at the film the way I do, but seriously. With all kidding aside, I thought it could have been a better job. So in short, it sucked MAJOR racoon balls. Bigger than the one's in my avatar pic.
:eyeroll

Explain...why it sucked that big balls?

And that "Leitmotif" thing, that sounded like Star Wars, fockin pissed me off to no end. I'm sorry, but honesty, it made it way too epic, and while still trying to make it more than a super hero movie with depth. It just failed for me.
Can't please everyone. ^_^
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
http://www.mininova.org/tor/325742

I walked into the last 20 minutes of ashowing of X3 just to see this last scene that everyone has beentalking about. I took the liberty of capturing it with my cell phoneso everyone else could watch it for themselves. I did capture it withmy cell phone though, so its not good quality, but its only a 20 secondclip. This file format will only play with quicktime. You will get bestresults if u maximize it and be sure to turn up your volume high so youcan hear everything. It does have the last 1-2 seconds missing, but Idont want to spoil anything for the people who dont know what this lastscene is all about. Once you hear what is said you'll get the point.

Enjoy and please seed as much as possible, even though its a small file.
a low quality but active torrent for anyone that missed the last scene... ( i think )
 

karasu

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2006
Messages
455
Reaction score
18
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
woa thank youu
my gf almost pissed herself, she had been holding it in since magneto moved the bridge...
i didn't know and didn't watch the last scene... :D
 

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
3,053
Reaction score
55
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Gold Knight said:
Liked Hermie's post, they pretty much reflected my own thoughts in better detail. Regarding Cyke's abrupt death, I always think that they shouldn't let contractual rights control a character's fate. If James Marsden wasn't going to be in the movie that much, then just get another Cyke. Oh well.

Good points about Cyke possibly not being dead. I guess there's always the possibility that Cyke could have survived but have been thrown into the future, where he'll have a son named Cable. ;)
i concur with you. i just wish the franchise isnt over. probably they are gonna do a star wars like set up- and rank up 3 more movies some years from now.
at least i hear there may be a side movie with WOLVERINE in it soon.
 

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 17, 2006
Messages
2,827
Reaction score
282
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
^Yup, also one with Magneto, and maybe one with some X-kids. ^__^
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wish they would make an Age of the Apocalypse series of movies. That would be amazing. To paraphrase/quote: "why wont you hit back?!" "because i am concentrating..." *next page* RIP!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top