The Zarosaki thread! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

The Zarosaki thread!

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
Yosh!

For those who doesn't know, Zarosaki is a coloring group, which means, we color. Stuff. And by stuff I mean the Naruto Manga. We've started at 245 and have currently released up to 258. Chapters up to 268 are progressing nicely, and our aim atm is to get the current Akatsuki arc fully colored and then we should be progressing further.

Zarosaki was founded last spring and has grown a lot since then, with lots of talented colorers joining (and leaving). We have some forums over at www.shannaro.com where we post releases and news. Our IRC-channel can be found at #zarosaki, on the Rizon server. Each artist colors with whichever style they prefer as long as it meets a certain standard, we also use some palettes for some consistant color use.

I'd like to list all members and such, but there's too many, but basically, Zarosaki is administrated by The Exa, me and Reaver_Reload and then we have lots of great colorers. (See credit pages in releases!) I color as everyone else and also posts most of our stuff, like this thread, cus Exa (is mean and bitchy, on the outside <3)) made me.

So, even if there's the smallest thing you're wondering about, feel free to ask, about releases, the coloring, members, etc. But if you want to ask about joining, do it here: http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=59538 . All Zarosaki members are free to answer at their hearts desire.

antukecik

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I'm the first one to ask question..
How many person involve in this group??

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Overall 40
Current 15
Active 5

Approx...maybe

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why the name Zarosaki?

Who come out with the original idea?

What is the progress so far now in your project?

Thanks. :glomp

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway
We love you! <3__<3

Wait, that's not a question...

Why do we love you guys so much?

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I hate those quote-filled posts, so I'll make this one totally without them~!

Who come out with the original idea?
- Jamie Hitashi (orsomethinglikethat) first introduced the idea at NF, then the project was taken over by Stonie. So slow it was when it was controlled in the forums. So I decided we should most definitely set up an IRC-channel to get things going. Reaver, Babbitiman & SVD were there the next morning (<3) We decided the name & some other stuff, introduced to the rest in the forums, some of them didn't like about that, we were hated, raped and I bet Reaver cried couple times.

Why the name Zarosaki?
- I lost the logs... But we wanted some cool name that sorta sounded japanese yet didn't mean a thing. And obviously the letter Z had to be in there simply because Zabuza is so cool. We started to throw random ideas to the air and eventually:

Exa: Zaromanica
Reavie: Likey Zaro-part me yes is.
Babbiti Zarozaki
Reavie: ZAROSAKI
All: OMGFUCKYEAH

What is the progress so far now in your project?
- 259-267 complete, excluding 262 that is missing some pages.. 268-272 approx 50% through.

Why do we love you guys so much?
- Your love is bottled up. You don't express it to us enough and it just gets bigger and bigger until the bubble explodes and bad things happen :O

<3

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, i have the Zarosaki 245-258 chapters, and i really love them!! You guys do great work! That said, i can get me a new bottle to fill and ask you some questions:

When will we see new releases?! <- the forbidden question.

Why do you share the Shannaro! forums? Are you part of them?

Individually: What were your favourite release so far?

Do you plan to give some part 1 chapters a go? ( if you ever get to the point you can release way faster then the chapters are released... )

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Righty, I shall continue my "Ialmostthinkyoucare" -posts (since I'm the biggest loser of the group and I can get to these fastest :amuse)

When will we see new releases?
- March 4th...maybe

Why do you share the Shannaro! forums? Are you part of them?
- Terra (<3) offered to give us a spot in there so we would be noticed better. Obviously we had no reasons to decline the offer. And nope, we're not part of them.

Individually: What was you're favourite release so far?
- 258 is the best from the ones that were released, 260 has the best pic I think I've colored and 262 is plain awesome.... andihavesomehighhopesfor277

Do you plan to give some part 1 chapters a go?
- Don't think so. Maybe Kakashi Gaiden someday, but we would need so much more new members to color part 1..

Andkeepthequestionscoming, I love to be an attention whore.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, I'll oblige your need of attention - why are you "The Exa?"

How do you choose people to do pages? ( I asked this question of Japflap too )

Will we have a guest of honor from Zarosaki in this thread each week? ;D

P.S. Zarosaki is quite a creative and memorable name regardless of its random origin - I can see why you guys went with it.

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Aww, I gave Stiluz a chance yet he didn't use it, poor norwegian.

Well, I'll oblige your need of attention - why are you "The Exa?"
- I don't feel like giving out the complete story of where it came from, but approximately 6 years ago I had some of those things that might be considered as "friends". We did some ohsocoolstuff and we created a name for that. The abbreviation was EXA. It was then when my destiny was sealed, the name sounded so cool that I had to start using it in the cruel world of Internet.

How do you choose people to do pages?
- Everyone gets the pages of their choice. Most of the times atleast. If we think that the page is too superb to be wasted with a bad coloring, we nicely decide that we don't let the person who wanted it to color that one. It's not fair for everyone but atleast we are thinking the viewing pleasure that you get from all of those nicely colored Rasengan's/Asakujaku's.

Will we have a guest of honor from Zarosaki in this thread each week? ;D
- "Sure" :amuse

P.S. Zarosaki is quite a creative and memorable name regardless of its random origin - I can see why you guys went with it.
- Most definitely. Haven't seen any group with as cool name out there. I'm so proud of it.

And did I mention, you and your commentquestions just made my weekend start with a great way, maybe 259 will be out sooner <3

Stiluz

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Japan
The Exa said:
Aww, I gave Stiluz a chance yet he didn't use it, poor norwegian.
I reserve the right to delay answers based on my desire to sleep, watch anime and play WoW.

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, now here's a brilliant quote to be used in the future ;)

What characters are particularly fun to colour?

What were your favourite parts of the naruto story so far? ( including part 1/ gaiden/ anime-fillers/ movies/ everything! )

Stiluz

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Japan
- Good question. Personally, I love doing Deidara cus she's one of my favourite characters and has some good expressions. I should also mention Kisame, since he's so sharklike and is pretty uniqe. And while we're at it, I'll include character I don't like to color: Naruto. The hair. Ugh, always fucks up my pics.

What were your favourite parts of the naruto story so far? ( including part 1/ gaiden/ anime-fillers/ movies/ everything! )
- In chronological order, there are some really powerfull moments: Hakus deathscene, when Naruto struggles getting to Gaara and says "I understand your feelings so much it actually hurts" and my favourite moment: Sasuke: "What the hell are you?" Naruto: "...A friend." Great stuff. Also love the final moments of Kakashi Gaiden and some other stuff. When it comes to favourite color parts (I'll include this as well ^^), the Gai - Kisame battle I colored I feel is my best work in terms of scenery and lightning. I'm also doing a long scene now which I also love, should look awesome once finished.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Khaludh said:
Hehe, now here's a brilliant quote to be used in the future ;)

I'll ask the same questions of The Exa. :nuts

Though, judging by his avatar, it would seem like he likes Deidara as well.

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
My love for Deididdy > Stiluz's love for her.

- Akatsuki <3 Though I prefer to color jutsu's instead of characters. Characters get boring after a while but there's always something super when it comes to jutsu's. All those Rasengan's/Katon's/Bijuu extractions are all so awesome to color simply because you can't ever tell how they are going to look until you see the page finished. Especially when you have some nice glow in there to mix things up.

What were your favourite parts of the naruto story so far?
- There are so many of them... But I bet my current favorite is the episode 133. So awesome. The fight, the emotions, the sounds, everything. And also, I love most of the flashbacks, favorite being Gaara's..

Mental

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Love your work guys, But why did you start at 245? you plan to do all naruto part 2?

i personally would have a nose bleed at such a task.

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
When we started to color the chapters, 245 was only been out for few months and we thought we could catch the manga by coloring every chapter in 6 days.. Obviously we failed. And I'm not sure if we plan to color the full second part, it would take years. But for now, we just color the chapters in chronological order and see how long we're able to provide you the chapters.

clarity142

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
can a zarosaki member ask a question too??? maybe yes..i'll just ask away. exa, how many naruto pages have you done for zarosaki so far???*just curious*

The Exa

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Sure you can ask questions and if you feel like, you can also answer to the questions asked.

Aaaand I think I'm somewhere near 100, tag team pages included. Though, unfortunately, I wouldn't want to take credit for most of them. Too many of them are rushed and nowhere near the level they should be. And then people think I suck and I don't get the acknowledgement I deserve.

...whichiscurrentlyprobablythereasonimsodemotivated

Mental

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
The Exa said:
When we started to color the chapters, 245 was only been out for few months and we thought we could catch the manga by coloring every chapter in 6 days.. Obviously we failed. And I'm not sure if we plan to color the full second part, it would take years. But for now, we just color the chapters in chronological order and see how long we're able to provide you the chapters.
Why not start from the current chapter? do 1 chapter a week/split the pages between your members. I think more people would download and appreciate your work, if you did that.