The Zarosaki thread!

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
What is your favorite cover you've ever colored?
- I haven't really colored covers. I think I've done only about 5 of them. And all of them pretty shitty. 261 Chiyo shall be my favorite one then..

Do you prefer coloring covers over coloring pages (with panels)?
- Nope, I prefer to have some action in my pages instead of lame poses. And there are so many people coloring the covers, I like to color something that has not been done before.

Are double spreads difficult to do?
- As difficult as any other pages. They just take double the time as a normal page which sometimes can be demotivating. Though, now that I think of, I don't think I've ever done one :o

edit: And I'll take that back.. Forgot 253.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Have you ever re-coloured any of the already coloured pictures ( just for fun ) and is that hard to do if you did? ( i saw a re-colouring of the character poll last week or so on these forums, so... )
 

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
I have recolored some parts of the pages in our releases. And I was planning to recolor the character poll someday..
 

Stiluz

Artist
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
513
Reaction score
150
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Khaludh said:
Have you ever re-coloured any of the already coloured pictures ( just for fun ) and is that hard to do if you did? ( i saw a re-colouring of the character poll last week or so on these forums, so... )
I have recolored one pic and that was the oodama double from 260. My first go at it was when I had just started coloring, so I thought it deserved some love. Still looks like shit compared to what I think I should do, but eh, should be decent enough.

And my take on GKs questions:

What is your favorite cover you've ever colored?

I like my Deidei cover for 263, but it's not really that good, again, because I feel I could do a lot better. My best cover so far is from 277, Kakashi looks badass.

Do you prefer coloring covers over coloring pages (with panels)?

Nah, pages with panels are usually more interesting, mostly because of fighting/jutsus and my favorite thing to color, backgrounds/scenery <3

Are double spreads difficult to do?

As Exa said, no, it just takes twice the time to do. Done correctly however, and they usually looks awesome (I like my asakujaku double from 258, but it took shitloads of time).
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Do you guys plan to color the Kakashi Gaiden sometimes? (Or HAVE you...?)
 

Akasun

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hmmmm....... I HAVE A QUESTION! :D

Since we don't know how all the outfits are colored post-timeskip, do you guys set a color for one of the outfits and all of Zarosaki will use that color to color the outfits. Example, you colored Tenten's outfit purple, and now every page she is in her uniform is purple. Do you tell the members of Zarosaki that Tenten's uniform is purple and thats the way they should color it? I just confused myself.... 0_o
 

eaballer10

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
608
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
GK said:
Do you guys plan to color the Kakashi Gaiden sometimes?  (Or HAVE you...?)
Well, there is no intention of doing so ANY time soon (and no, none has been done :p) It's possible that maybe after we have free time and already caught up the manga :sweat

Akasun said:
Hmmmm....... I HAVE A QUESTION! :D

Since we don't know how all the outfits are colored post-timeskip, do you guys set a color for one of the outfits and all of Zarosaki will use that color to color the outfits. Example, you colored Tenten's outfit purple, and now every page she is in her uniform is purple. Do you tell the members of Zarosaki that Tenten's uniform is purple and thats the way they should color it? I just confused myself.... 0_o
And Akasun, as far as colors go, Exa/Stiluz/Reaver always chooses them. There is no sampling from official scans or anything. They just pick whichever colors they think looks best, then they create palettes for us to make sure or colors match up.  :)
And also as a part of my job at Zarosaki, I create "Color Swatch Palettes" for Adobe Photoshop, which eliminates members from having to sample individual colors from the original palettes. :smile-big

And the new character colors have been chosen, btw :amuse....
 

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Do you guys plan to color the Kakashi Gaiden sometimes?
- Eventually. I hope we can find some time for that after we color the Akatsuki arc.

Do you tell the members of Zarosaki that Tenten's uniform is purple and thats the way they should color it?
- Palettes. We discuss what colors we should use for the stuff that is yet to be seen in official colors and we decide the colors we will use.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
What colour are you planning/have you used for Ino/Hinata's new comstumes ;)
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Ohh! Sneak Peek!

What about Chouji?
 

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Let's not get too hasty, aye. You'll see them when it's time :P
 

Reaver Reload

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
259
Reaction score
49
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
A late entry, but still a nice one nevertheless :D


"Individually: What were your favourite releases so far?"
My favourite was chapter 256, since it has so much full-blown Kisame action, and it was the last great release where I got to cell-shade approx 8 pages.

"Do you plan to give some part 1 chapters a go?"
Eventually - Gaiden is the most likely part 1-ish chapter that we're going to colour. We would probably colour backwards from there, IF we ever catch up. (Huge IF)

"What characters are particularly fun to colour?"
I love to colour Tsunade, but thats because I love her so much. Jiraiya is also treat to colour.

"What were your favourite parts of the naruto story so far? ( including part 1/ gaiden/ anime-fillers/ movies/ everything! )"
My ultimate favourite part was Kisame's reappearance and his subsequent ass-kicking, both on the giving and recieving ends. It showed just how much of a beast he's going to be when he's fully powered.

"If you could change anything about the color designs in the Naruto anime, what would it be?"
Definitely change the way they colour some Genjutsu scenes and the overall Konoha colours. My chosen colours for Konoha can be seen in the double-spread page of chapter 245. Also, Sasuke and Orochimaru's colours aren't my favourites either.

"will you continue forever(i mean till the end of naruto manga- a long time to come)"
I for one, will definitely be colouring till the end.

"1. Do you prefer to use Shannaro! or Inane cleans to use for your translations?"
I use whichever scan has the best quality. Inane have taken up the most portion of my 262 release though, yet in some chapters I have used nothing but Shannaro. Big love to the both of them for their continued sponsorship of our project <3

"Are double spreads difficult to do?"
Some more than others - that Konoha Village scene in chapter 245 was an ultimate bitch. It took twice as long as any other double-spread I've done. But, I love the double-pages more than the singles.

"Do you guys plan to color the Kakashi Gaiden sometimes?"
Definitely.

"What about Chouji?" "What colour are you planning/have you used for Ino/Hinata's new comstumes?"
Check it out - http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5929/prodigy8gd.jpg
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Hey Reaver - I absolutely loved your page 14 of chapter 255.

Thanks for the sneak peeks!
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Ooooh, oooh, cool characters!!

What will you do if the colours decide to not match with the anime in the future? Will you change the colour from then on ( and perhaps recolour some pages where they appear in ) ?


EDIT: Shino owwwwwwwwns, but do you not think his coat will be greyish, like his last one?
 

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Well.. We've already seen some colors that doesn't match our palettes. Temari being the perfect example. So I think we're going to stick with the colors we chose instead of changing them every other week. We're not any official manga coloring team so it doesn't hurt anyone to have the colors incorrect as long as they look good. And anyway, Zarosaki colors > official colors.
 

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
10,811
Reaction score
150
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, but, have we seen Temari's new outfit in the anime already then?!

The Exa said:
Zarosaki colors > official colors.
I'll probably agree when they are revealed ;)
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Plus the colors are carefully chosen by fans and pwn! hehe...:D
I like them and it doesn't bother me that they probably will not fit the "original" colors.
 

The Exa

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2005
Messages
266
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Finland
Though.. Our Sasori/Deidara colors were pretty alike to the official ones. I bet Kishi has some scouts taking the colors from us and changing them a bit.
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Such is the world of shinobi.
 
Top