Thriller Bark Arc Discussion Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Thriller Bark Arc Discussion Thread

jeffhmwong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Dear All,

For all true OP fans, the previous arch, (skypie, water 7 , Arlong Park, Alabasta) all kick ass especially the arch involving CP9.

Whats your opinion on the current storyline which involves ghost, ghouls and monster?

I dont think there will be much of an ending here, maybe they will just recruit 1 new member after the whole horrific saga is over.

TO all beloved MH members, whats your opinion?

[mod=sahugani]took out a little bit of story bashing[/mod]

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Haunted Island Arch

Well it's no Water 7 arc, but i still love it. its definately a sub arc to the future Mermaid Island arc (similar to Jaya/Skypiea or Little Garden/Alabasta). what i love most is Oda's incorperation of so many legendary beasts and symbols of horror in a comical way.

triniman121

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

i think it's okay. Also oda is spicing things up in this arc

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

this arc's supposed to be chronologically after all the coming anime-fillers, so i guess they will get a new nakama and that's more or less the meaning of it. It's not a major arc, just a prologue arc for the mermaid island (its location is before the mermaid island as well, its just part of their journy to there).

It's just the start of it, but I think it's ok for now. You can't really judge yet, coz no major things happend yet.

xr3b0rn5inx

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score

I think its kinda intresting so far,but it might a lil boring i guess.I dun think that any battle here will make the SH crew gain any new skills or increase their bounty.Tis ghost chapter will juz be another Skypie adventure ...Well thats my point of view,i dunno :s

Schwindelmagier

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Personally I don't think it's the worst arc ever. I like the Ghost island cause I like creepy tihngies even if I have to say the zombies, ghost and especially Dr. Hogback aren't very creepy, more funny xD. Plus, I love crazy Doctos-stories. Since the arc just began, you can't put too much action in it. This almost occur in the middle or at the end.
Furthermore it would maybe a little bit hard to compare this "young" arc with the water 7-arc or the skypiea arc (my fav ones) because it just began. Furthermroe, to surpass the two mentioned arccs is kinda difficult cause they were really great. So I try to look at the current arc as whole and not compared with others to gain an opinion on it ^_^.

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

At the beginning I wasn't intrigued by Brooke character, but since the chapter, following his first appearance, my opinion changed. I really love the settings, the oddness and all the things with whom Oda filled this arc. And I'm sure I'll love even more what will happen next.

bakashijinsan

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

It 's really not that grand like the previous arcs that we have but it's better than the Foxy arc and better than East blue arc (except Arlong park). I just love this island with so many surprises!

Sure it sounds cliche since haunted islands have been done millions of times in the past but the way Oda incorporates creepiness and wackiness in this arc makes it so interesting. I mean, where are you going to find zombies running then running out of breath after a second of running. that really got me laughing! :rofl

To say that it's gonna be one of the best arcs is an overstatement but I like it nonetheless.

Eyefarted2

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

whats the haunted island arch about?

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

well, i can't really see a big fight coming up, but it's good to just laugh at oda's humor and ponder about some mysteries..

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

I thinks its not great but a lot better than the Davy Back arc :rofl
but then again the villain this time looks a lot worser than Foxy :rofl

KuraiOfAnagura

Reaction score
Country
Germany

i like it ^^ :smile-big (bad girl, kurai, always you and your horror :notrust)

i think you all are too fast with your judgement, cause the arch is just 5 chapters old, so you can't comprhend it with the superlong water7 arch. and perhaps it is also more than just a filler arch, bevore the merman island. no arch that ends witha new nakama (brooke, i hope so :darn) is a filler arch.

oda includes some of his favourite things in this arch. e.g. nightmare bevore christmas and the singer Brooke Benton, who is one of Oda's favourites :)

Mugiwara_no_Jack

Artist
Reaction score
Country
Germany

I think it is a necessarity this funny arch ... after this long and really serious water seven arch the readers need something they can laugh about .. and I like the horro stuff :D

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

i really cant judge it yet it is too early but it has the possibility of being good but Oda has forshadowed a few battles and that really doesnt fit for a small segway type arc
and i dont like the way this one is drawn (but i cant draw so dont take it personaly)
i do want brooke to join the crew and that could make it a better arc and the famous monsters add a nice spin it is funny

triniman121

Reaction score
Country
United States

oda made it interesting. luffy has to fight a shadow. shadow = darkness. bb = darkness.

just a small theory

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

triniman121 said:
oda made it interesting. luffy has to fight a shadow. shadow = darkness. bb = darkness.

just a small theory
uumm....
what shadow :blink anyways thta's if Luffy fights Blackbeard :rofl
which i doubt :noworry

triniman121

Reaction score
Country
United States

the shadow that attacked nami. he wanted her for his bride....

Pevee

Reaction score
Country
United States

i don't think there'll be a big fight coming up soon, not before we're done exploring the island and discovering what on earth is going on with this place.. but i do hope to see one though..
i agree that we can't really compare this arch with the water7, which was super long, serious, and simply intense. we need something just to sit back and laugh at (like the horror stuff that turn out to be super funny)...
Fighting shadow? do you mean the invisible guy absalom or the actual shadow??

mugen

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

triniman121 said:
the shadow that attacked nami. he wanted her for his bride....
that was a ghost not Shadow...
better put an invisible guy :noworry

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'd like to see a arch for once ... well where it doesn't have a huge battle we've had enough of that ... some big group skirmishes would be fine. But I don't neccessarily think there has to be that one big bad that somebody has to face in every arc. However if their is gonna be a huge fight I think some of the strawhats need to get some play besides luffy. This arc I'd like to see chopper get his big bad fight.
I'd also like to see robin fight somebody!!!! We haven't seen her fight anyone of substance except that fat -A$$ priest in skypeia. She's supposed to be really strong and we need to see more of her. :D