Thriller Bark Arc Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Thriller Bark Arc Discussion Thread

OP_overlord

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Haunted Island Arch

this is differnent lufy is fighting zombies and ghosts and guy that take shadows away not teh actual darkness cause Oda doesnt like to repeat thing in the manga but they are similar

ecf

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

maybe luffy can learn something about the darkness and shadow devil fruit here...
and pobably the skeleton guy is going to save them

DeepEyes

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Yeah, this is something like Jaya in the Skypea Arc.... but Luffy trying to make all the monsters his Nakama!!!!!! That is great!!! XDDDDD

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

LOL.............
He could make the tree monster his nakama ... It could protect nami's orange grove.
Jk. ... But I would love to see Robin make cerberus her pet. It'd be cute and hugely funny to see peoples reactions to it.
All in all this arc is great and a breath of fresh air after enis lobby ( which was deadly serious.Good but too serious.)
Plus if Oda throws in a character with a huge chin that looks like bruce campbell I'll Loose my damn mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

im not to sure this arc is funny and all that but oda is trying to hard with teh dracula look alike guy and other famous monsters and there is no real plot yet
they say alot every chapter but nothing really happens it is kinda weird

and hopefuly they will learn some stuff about teh darkness DF like you said ecf

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India

Oda wants to have a Frankenstein's arc.
He wants to put all the horror in a comical way.
Anyway Brook will help in defeating the Moria and his henchmen (remanents of Hogbacks's experiments).
We will know a bit of background why/what Moria is doing this for? (Stealing Shadows)
More character development.
Chopper will know some techniques from Hogback.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

yeah hopefully they will getting stronger and we can learn more about all these random people but that is the problem Oda has introduced 20 bad guys at one time it is like explianing all the marines individualy, Oda also left every other charater behind we dont know who dadan is yet what has happened to shanks and Wb BB and ace, dragon, garp and aokiji, smoke where are all they what are they doing .... and the monster are too cliche for me but i is still funny

Last edited:

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

Were not really sure who's a actual bad guy yet.
Remember luffy's a wanted man and a pirate. So to average people or bounty hunters he is the bad guy. I'm just saying that by what hogback has said we don't know if he's a bad guy yet. I get the feeling he is ... but no clear cut proof.
Absolom and Gekko Moria are the only two I can think of that are probably most definitely bad guy's thus far.

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

i think that absolom and hogback are the main bad guys of this arc
they might not bt the strongest out there but they have control of all the creatures on the island so they have an army of zombies that aare strong and only because they, the bad guys, are comanding them they, the zombies, are bad

i think that gekko moria is a good scihibukia nothing in the rule book says that this is impossible

and i think that brooke is a good guy that is being controled by evil guys (hogback) with the use of his friends/ ex nakama as ransome for getting more people to the island as so that hogback can do stuff to them

but when luffy beats hogback up brooke will be a good guy again

infyquest

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India

This arc is getting to my nerves, I need my dose of OP.
OMG figit, this fast.
We might see what happens to the shadows, and a brief history of Moria. (any guesses)
Cant wait for OP, where is it?

[mod=Luckas]Everyone is waiting eagerly for OP new chap, but this isn't the right place.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

that is part of the problem that i have with this arc it takes to long to read oda has to draw very dark stuff and explain it all so it takes alot longer to get very little useable information all we know is this guys name and that he is a shichibukia nothing else and the same or hogback he is a famous doctor gone bad not much else on that front either

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Sorry, OP_overlord :amuse but I disagree with you. Oda gave us much information at the end of the Enies Lobby arc that I really haven't any problem with some unsolved misteries. And he can't explain everything until the manga ends. And, imho, I don't believe this arc will give us some big mistery, even if I really don't know how Oda will fit Moria, a sichikubay(sp) in this arc.
As I said before, I didn't liked Brooke in his first appearance, but from next chap, when he got a little bit of background, I took a liking in him. It really seems to fit well with StrawHats.

Last edited:

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

i agree i think brooke fits well with the crew and will join them by the end of teh arc but for the moent he is under the comand of a bad guy

and its not that Oda hasnt told us new important, relevant information it is just that he is making more plot holes that need to be filled in later
i.e. all the new villains (Gekko, Dr. Hogback, Ablsome, Ghosts, Zombies, Paintings,... ) in this arc; and the story yet to be finished about Shanks and WB, and BB and Ace, Dragon, Garp, Smoker, Dadan,...
i think i didnt explain it well the first time

[mod=Luckas]Just a little note, guys: be cautious because of the the thread's subject it is easy to make reference to to the last chap and this isn't allowed until the week-end passed.[/mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

Your both pretty much right ... there are ALOT of unexplained mysteries and loose ends to tie up. But I don't think Oda will leave us hanging on any of them. Op is going stronger than ever at Over 400+ chapters and doesn't show any signs of slowing. And truth be told If it stays this good. I don't want it too.
I just keep hoping for a zombie that looks like bruce campbell.

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

now OP_overlord said that brooke is being controled by somebody but im not sure wouldnt that be similar to nami being controled in a sense by arlong and we all know oda doesnt like to repeat himself

OP_overlord

Reaction score
Country
United States

yes it is just like it but it makes for a good nakama recruiting theory and nami joined just after they left on their adventure andbrooke joins just as they start their adventure into the new world

and just for general info i havent read the spoiler yet it was all on a hunch/infrence/theory

Anti-panda

Reaction score
Country
United States

I bet we'll see the introduction of a couple new strawhats back to back ... it's been a while and they need to introduce the characters and give them time to develop before things get too hot n heavy. Thier almost to the halfway point in the grandline .. and if i'm right expect a military base at the redline. and More Kick=a$$ pirates once they enter the new world.

However back on topic. Everytime I think this arc cant get any better I'm wrong... I just read ch 453 and you can read my opinions about it in the appropriate places. However it' does lead me to wonder .. for the last couple of chapters the zombies have been refering to "The Master" ... as in the masters orders or we obey "The master" I wonder who thier refering tooo... Gekko moria seems too obvious. Hogback maybe because he reanimated them ... Or somebody else entirely. Hmmmmmm...... ?????????? Any interesting ideas would be welcome.

Dark soul within

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I think this is a great arc! Oda's gone for the weird/surreal and creepy storyline, whilst at the same time making it really comical..although it has been slightly slow in a few places.

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel

recently, this arc is really superb and surprising. you can't know what's gonna be up next. oda just keeps amazing us again and again!

Yondy

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Yeah it's just a small arc, i don't especially like it. Like the Davy Back fight-thing... not one of my favourites.

Ennies Lobby was just too awesome. And the merman thing promises some interesting plot coming. I think this will be over soon, the point of the arc being Brooke joining.

I think Oda really wanted to have a skeleton in the crew, so he had to do an arc related to it. And you can't just present a new character quickly, you've got to introduce him little by little, making him loved by the reader.

If that was his intention, he succeeded. I love Brook! That, and he has to eliminate the Shichibukai little by little.

So it's a necessary arc in my opinion, but not the best. Although it's getting interesting just now... and well One Piece never fails to make me laugh anyway. Which is always great!

Last edited: