Thriller Bark Arc Discussion Thread

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Haunted Island Arc

I think darkness and shadow is something completely different ;)
I mean shadows are dark by nature but they need light to exist somehow.
And darkness... well we saw that this is more like a black hole.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Yeah, exactly, but I still don't think Oda would make both a shadow logia and a darkness logia. He's not Kishi, he's a creative guy.
 

OP_overlord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
903
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Haunted Island Arc

he did already tho, it is the extent of their powers that Oda can be creative about
 

Anti-panda

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Messages
614
Reaction score
35
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Yeah, exactly, but I still don't think Oda would make both a shadow logia and a darkness logia. He's not Kishi, he's a creative guy.
LOL I love it when people place other manga/mangaka underneath OP/Oda where they belong...
You get 10 bonus pts.

I'm constantly amazed at how creative oda is... I mean 10yrs+ of OP and he gives us more and more creative ... wonderful manga.. it's a real testiment to him and his staff.
Depending on how it plays out .. haunted island .. may wind up being one of my favorite arcs.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Yeah, Brook became Sanji's rival for my fav character after one chapter. When I saw Thriller Bark come on the horizon, after I finished reading the chapter, I just went and sat down for like 10 minutes doing nothing.
 

Paz42

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Theory about Thriller Bark arc

Ok now this is totaly just theory and may be against the rules but im not sure as im refering to new chapter but ill go ahead any way as i need to write this down and see if it makes sense but.....

What im thinking is that time moves differently within the Florian Triangle now i say this because of a couple of reasons

Now i could be wrong here but in chapter 458 when brooke is talking to ryuuma he refers to him as sensai or teacher i dont know i cant check the chapters right now due to computer issues and if thats right brooke would be centurys old because hogback says that ryuuma is an ancient warrior known for slaying a dragon so if brooke was his teacher then when brooke entered the Florian Triangle he still had skin so he would have been within his natural life span because i dont think that his power was anything to do with him being immortal until he died and then he could be resurected now the only reason hes kind of immortal now is that he is in a container that doesnt have organs or anything or somthing like that his body which was turned into a skeleton then he ran into moria had his shadow taken away then 5 years later runs into straw hats so this leads me to believe that time moves differently here not a drastic amount for a few days or what ever but enough to have changed things

i dont know if any of this would have worked out accutlay but i think it could lead up to some things such as a confruntation with smoker having longer to build up a team to defeat the strawhats the unbalancing of the three great powers after the blackbeard/whitebeard&shanks incidents that could have taken more time to do normaly but we will have to see

Moderator Notice:
Edit the thread's title to be more update.~ Yabe
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

I don't believe Brook ever called Ryuuma his sensei. And I don't think he can live for hundreds of years. He is still just a human, even if he is a skeleton now.
 

ecf

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2006
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

where doe sit say that Ryuuma was his sensei???
 

Kikuna992

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2007
Messages
89
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

Brooke has never referred to Ryuma as sensei
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

gonna have to go with the general opinion here, brooke never says anything about Ryuma being his sensei.

he's talking about his shadow and how can Ryuuma be stronger than the original host, thats it.
so your theory kinda falls. sorry dude.
 

IgnorantSage

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
154
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

Impel, ecf, Kikuna, and Boff have all said it.

Ryuuma never referred to Brooke as sensei, probably he called him is old master. By this, he was talking to Brooke as the former owner/master of the shadow but now the shadow has its own will and that he is disappointed with Brooke.
 

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Theory about the currnet arc (spoilers)

and moreover.. recent chapter (its end of weekend.. i'm allowed to refer to it, am i not luckas?) says that he entered the grandline 50 years ago.. it's a lot of time, but not centuries.


Moderator Notice:
Yes, you are :amuse~ Luckas
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutio

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
1,750
Reaction score
66
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Haunted Island Arc

the shadow fruit seems more of a peremecia type than logia..
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Yeah, it's probably paramecia. I don't think I can tolerate anymore Logia for about three arcs. And if all the Yonkou use Logia, I am going to be fairly pissed.

But I digress, it seems now that this arc is going to end fairly soon, which is a pretty fast exit for a Shichibukai arc, right? I mean, Crocodile's whole Alabasta arc took forever! I don't see how they will really be able to keep this arc going for a long time unless just Moria, Perona, Hogback, and Absalom escape and exact revenge on Luffy.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: Haunted Island Arc

First of all, I dont think that all of the Yonkou use DF perhaps one and some of their crewmates but you know what Rogers (?) crew was like - none of them would have eaten a DF out of free will afair (or was that info anime only?)

Next thing is I think Impel Down is absolutely right about the length of this arc. It should end rather quickly - I think its just a recruitement sidestory arc, somehow like where they got Chopper from but as stand alone.

To end this arc I think theres something special just like Oz rampaging the main mast and thus sinking thriller bark ^.^
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

I agree, they just entered the florian triangle, thriller bark ain't even the main arc since they're going for mermaid island and that is most likely the next main arc, whatever's gonna happen there (personnaly, I'd love if a young mermaid was to join the crew, there's too much guys, I want even more pretty girls in the mugiwaras... )

But it's hardly likely that oz will sink with thriller bark, cause even when they're beat the shadow doesn't seem to return to it's owner, the only way is the salt... although, since it's the result of a devil fruit user, maybe going in the ocean has the same effect.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

And if Jimbei really IS at Mermaid Island, like everyone is predicting, then we'll have had two Shichibukai really close together, and I don't like the idea of that.

And the sea has salt in it, doesn't it? So, when a zombie drowns in the sea, it's shadow should come out.
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Yeah but then there wouldn't be any gear third luffy against oz, and I definitely wanna see that. 'Till now, we've not seen it that much, since it was too slow against someone liky lucci and he could just hit him once (even though it's been enough to hurt him quite a lot).

Well, maybe jimbei's kinda a good guy, lol. He might be a powerful but kinda pacifist mermen, like a men turtle or something like that, and luffy might not fight him... after all, I guess every single shichibukai won't be defeated just by luffy, at least mihawk won't be...

I know, it's unlikely, since his name means whale shark, but isn't it odd for oda to give such a hint way before we even see one of the shichibukai... I think there might be some surprise about him.
 

Impel Down

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
3,077
Reaction score
3
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Jimbei isn't a merman, though, he's a gyojin, a fishman. And so far, they've been mostly pretty warlike, especially since he was on a crew with Arlong. And he's probably a whale shark, yeah. It's the perfect kind of "hundreds of chapters ago" foreshadowing that Oda uses!
 

Naelyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
139
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Haunted Island Arc

Well, I still think he could be a good guy for all we know... I mean, whitebeard did have blackbeard on his crew, roger had buggy on one of his, so even if arlong was on the same crew as him doesn't mean they were alike... tom was quite strong, yet it didn't seem like he could hurt a fly...

Also, sorry but, what's the difference between a merman and a fishman, I don't understand, never heard of it...
 
Top