Theory Titans, Their Origin, and Their Purpose.

I Am Jager

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Cuba
While, I'm inclined to agree. I just saw something strange in the Opening #2. Stop it around 1:07. Why is Hanji Zoe sitting there on her horse smirking covered in blood with vapor coming off her? Something very strange they decided to include for no reason at all.
 

Solace Kane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Im wayyyyyy to lazy to do the background work and find the info on it but does anyone remember the anime "Macross"

http://macross.wikia.com/wiki/Macross_Frontier

i get the vibe from this anime/manga that i do from macross.

heres a brief plot synopsis:

There was once a war between mankind and a race of giants called Zentradi. Mankind, threatened with extinction during their first battle with extraterrestrial life, sought out their future by advancing into the great Outer Space, and departed for the farthest reaches of the galaxy in search of a new frontier. In the year AD 2059, the 25th Giant Immigration Fleet, also known as Macross Frontier, continued its great voyage toward the centre of the galaxy...



It almost feels like to me this is an homage maybe or a nod with the authors own take on that story in a different timeline.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

And heres a page describing the giants in that series:
http://robotech.wikia.com/wiki/Zentraedi
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
While, I'm inclined to agree. I just saw something strange in the Opening #2. Stop it around 1:07. Why is Hanji Zoe sitting there on her horse smirking covered in blood with vapor coming off her? Something very strange they decided to include for no reason at all.
I thought the same! And if you look closely you will notice Hanjie with her hand near to her mouth the same way Eren does it before transforming into a titan! Maybe next chapters could bring us a darker side from Hanjie, who knows.
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Maybe not all humanity. I think humanity inside the walls are at risk. I think there is a war between those inside the walls (soldiers) VS those outside the walls (warriors) so as in any war, humans on one side will be losers (death) and those on the other side winners (alive). Or maybe those who govern the world inside the walls are not "normal" humans, I mean they could be shifters or something beyond that, it could explain their disregard.

I've been rereading the manga again, and Ymir says something in ch. 46, page 37
Linke: http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/46/37

She calls Ryner and Bertholdt small fry. Wherever these guys come from, apparently Ymir knows that they are not the big threat. (but this might be getting off topic).

But it looks Ryner and Bertholdt were completely awed by the Monkey Titan, as if it was something super special.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I've been rereading the manga again, and Ymir says something in ch. 46, page 37
Linke: http://www.mangapanda.com/shingeki-no-kyojin/46/37

She calls Ryner and Bertholdt small fry. Wherever these guys come from, apparently Ymir knows that they are not the big threat. (but this might be getting off topic).

But it looks Ryner and Bertholdt were completely awed by the Monkey Titan, as if it was something super special.
I think she is referring to Eren's attitude towards R&B, like if they were small fries, not that she agrees with it. I think this is not the proper thread to talk of it but I do think the ape really made R&B awed, they look perplexed, like wtf is that?! or something like this: :zomg; what is curious is that Ymir said if R&B find the ape they will be able to return to their home, as if they knew who is he; but for me they looked like they know nothing :3c.
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think she is referring to Eren's attitude towards R&B, like if they were small fries, not that she agrees with it. I think this is not the proper thread to talk of it but I do think the ape really made R&B awed, they look perplexed, like wtf is that?! or something like this: :zomg; what is curious is that Ymir said if R&B find the ape they will be able to return to their home, as if they knew who is he; but for me they looked like they know nothing :3c.
In other words, R & B secretly fangirl'd at the Ape Titan :teehee
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
In other words, R & B secretly fangirl'd at the Ape Titan :teehee
Well, not "fangirl'd"... men do that too :mono. But what I mean is they didn't look like "oh, look Berth, it is our friend Monkey Titan, now we can follow him and go back to our home", it looks more like this: "Holy cow, do you see that?!, Wtf?! am I in a nightmare or something? what the hell is that?! We better get the hell out of here Berth!" :^_^
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Well, not "fangirl'd"... men do that too :mono. But what I mean is they didn't look like "oh, look Berth, it is our friend Monkey Titan, now we can follow him and go back to our home", it looks more like this: "Holy cow, do you see that?!, Wtf?! am I in a nightmare or something? what the hell is that?! We better get the hell out of here Berth!" :^_^
:oh
that is an interesting thought. That seems better than mine. That monkey-titan just seems like an anomaly.

It it weird how sophisticated it seems for a monkey, an animal we consider to be, well.... not sophisticated
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
:oh
that is an interesting thought. That seems better than mine. That monkey-titan just seems like an anomaly.

It it weird how sophisticated it seems for a monkey, an animal we consider to be, well.... not sophisticated
I think the ape titan is like a titan next step, he clearly has the intelligence of a human but (I guess) with the reflexes of a monkey, so its performance in a fight should be outstanding. By enough of the monkey, I will derailed this thread if continue. Fact is he is a new titan specimen we don't know much about.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
My impression is that the ape titan is just another human using titan powers. He would be one that has been separated from humanity long enough to not be fully aware of their current technology and culture though. Human titans vary significantly between each other at large so it would make sense the beast titan would be a human. I don't think there is an evolution angle to this though.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I agree he is a human, I mean a titan shifter. I didn't mean evolution like in animal evolution, but I mean the ape is a improved titan, the same shifters are improved compared to no-shifters titans (maybe he got a better serum?). About he being separated from humanity I have my doubts, I think he was in a recon mission, he also sent titans to attack Mike and then to attack Utgard, plus he threw some rocks to people in the tower. But he really looks very unique, as if he weren't part of Reyner's people nor the walliests, as if he acts by himself or maybe for other people unknown to us.
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think the ape titan is like a titan next step, he clearly has the intelligence of a human but (I guess) with the reflexes of a monkey, so its performance in a fight should be outstanding. By enough of the monkey, I will derailed this thread if continue. Fact is he is a new titan specimen we don't know much about.
Well, to be fair it was fairly posh posh.
Almost like an outstanding gentleman. Honestly, it could fit in a suit and tie. Anyways.... I truthfully am lost on this and will just eagerly sit awaiting more information. Like a cat who is waiting for a mouse to be in the perfect place. We'll know more when it is revealed. Here's to hoping a change to weekly scnas instead of monthly scans!
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
posh posh? The man grab a poor little horse and threw it like a stone, flying though the air, hitting a roof, and then landing to a rocky soil, with the guts scattered everywhere... I hate so much the damn ape, I usually like villains, at least I'm indifferent, but the moment the ape attack Mike and then toy with him, this is what came to my mind: "I hope this as*hol* suffer a painful slow death". So yeah, posh posh ¡Mis polainas! :no... kappa

BTW, about the scans, me too, weekly would be awesome (but I doubt he can draw 45 pages per week :derp), bi-weekly would be enough.
 

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
oh, we use posh posh where I live to say like proper in mannerism. He is a jerk yes, but just like how he walks and talks is all I meant.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
oh, we use posh posh where I live to say like proper in mannerism. He is a jerk yes, but just like how he walks and talks is all I meant.
:gwah, ... I was kidding :teehee. Yes, he looks posh posh, I would add cool, cold and fearless, that's why he reminds me of Levi (aside from their mutual dislike for blooded hands).
 

Garybald

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
:gwah, ... I was kidding :teehee. Yes, he looks posh posh, I would add cool, cold and fearless, that's why he reminds me of Levi (aside from their mutual dislike for blooded hands).
I think we are safe saying Levi and Bigfoot are definitely not the same person.. for a bunch of causes like Levi being hurt at the time, Bigfoot not being aware of 3DM etc.
 

Huesoman

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Peru
I think we are safe saying Levi and Bigfoot are definitely not the same person.. for a bunch of causes like Levi being hurt at the time, Bigfoot not being aware of 3DM etc.
Well, maybe Levi's injury is the excuse so he can be out for the scout legion to wreak havoc as his second self the aaaaape!! (I could not see prove of his injury). About not being aware of the 3DM, well, maybe it is a memory issue related to the transformation, I admit that is a tough one :^_^.
 
Last edited:

Zinc

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2008
Messages
694
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
if they created drugs to experiments on humans , wouldn't there also be animal titans , cuz scientist usually test drugs on animals before testing on humans , maybe they were successful in creating these animal titans and they gained intelligence along with their strength and the humans werent able to control them and decided to use the drugs on humans thinking that they could control human titans but they lost their intelligence and ended up as a threat to humanity as well <_>
 
Last edited:
Top