ToG Is Going (has gone?) to Shit.

ToG, particularly S3, has been trending towards dog-shit. Private poll.

  • Yes

    Votes: 32 53.3%
  • No

    Votes: 28 46.7%

  • Total voters
    60

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So yes. Well then, look for someone else :)
If you really aren't, read our conversation again, start by my first post and pay attention to what i say. My exact problem with the ranking system by example. Not that hard to find my issue with your way of arguing. You are smart, you will figure it out.
To me it sounds like you are just whining about some aspects of the ranking system not being what you want regardless of whether this makes sense within the context of the story. So... Sure, whine ahead.
 

Orbs2op

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2019
Messages
889
Reaction score
882
Age
38
Country
Jamaica
Personally, I don't believe in so-called 'dirty money' particularly if found by honest means. That's essentially the soul currency that Baam stumbled upon. Further, he gets to act in their stead to exact vengeance against White, so 'using' them is in fact in their mutual, symbiotic, and seemingly authorized benefit if it is in the pursuit of attacking their aggressor (White) or just any generalized noble cause.

Though, if 'using' the souls = 'burning' them in a combustion and exhaustible sense, maybe that's not good for them. Not sure that's the case. As usual SIU doesn't go into the mechanics of things.

I thought the 'dark change' was Baam's personality, irrespective of using the souls. It didn't seem like he got very 'dark' even so.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This thread is dedicated to complaints of:

- Lazy writing and/or cartoonish, unnecessary, out-of-place shtick (Rak is sooooo funny, har har har!)
- S3 artwork/character faces/lack of facial symmetry
- The needlessly slow distribution of lore 10+ years into the story
- Plotholes/SIU not explaining or under-explaining things
- Missed (yet very obvious) opportunities (such as reaction shots to Baam beating a ranker, etc.)
- Regulars getting too OP
- Baam being undermined
- Baam being a weak example of an irregular
- Pew-pew fights with unintelligible fight perspectives
- S3 fights dragging on way too long
- White shenanigans
(lots of overlap)

Those seem to be the (not completely comprehensive) list of complaints, and the trend seems to be accelerating.

Some will say this is complaining for the sake of complaining. Feel free to chime in as well.
My take on the story overall nowadays atleast is more or less the same it's interesting and still pretty good, I kind of gotten used to things being vague and using headcanon to put things in place, but Siu has been rushing bam powers alot it very noticeable and by proxy AA and Rak have to get a forced power up, that the only reason why they showed up is for that not saving bam, cause he doesn't need saving bam rarely loses in these scenarios.

I'm not mad about the art Siu is hurt so why complain? I have seen worse but things can get messy at times in fights, Siu could hire a better team or they will get better overtime whatever the setup is, I can understand the circumstances after such a long wait, I'm happy to read this stuff but that might be apart of the reason, why the power scaling is getting wonky and rushed.

Don't see why posters need panels of people individually freaking out over bam beating a test ranker, it's always been the people who are present who are shocked a regular can do this etc talk, then it becomes rumors or bs when it spreads, plus people in the tower are selfish what are they gonna say different, and how many times can you read bam is special? They say it everytime he moves, don't know people think bam is undervalued in the universe, when random people will die for him like he is a god, I don't want tower of god to turn into solo leveling where the entire tower just revolve around bam and nothing else, they are plenty of strong people in the tower so not everyone gonna kiss bam feet, that doesn't mean is humiliated or under valued as a character when it's the opposite.

When I read a lot of the complaints, it just seems like people want to morph tog into something else, I read stories as their own things regardless of similarities or medium, not every universe have to be the same, not every mc has to be a super know it all that can do everything because reasons or in this case irregular, being an irregular makes you the strongest from floor 1, which is of course wrong, irregular means you get access to more hax, your potential and personal strengths are innate, there is a strength between irregular, so why cry about bam level of strength so much now, when we have seen data z and e, Bam is gonna get stronger like the other irregulars, even though some like to act like the FH came in at the same level of strength they have now, just to complain again.

I'm cool with the story for what it is, it's still top tier and none of gonna drop it anyway, but complaining nonstop is fun for fanbases anywhere.
 

Wha

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
1,017
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
To me it sounds like you are just whining about some aspects of the ranking system not being what you want regardless of whether this makes sense within the context of the story. So... Sure, whine ahead.
That's your take after rereading our conversation? And here i thought that after 30000+ comments on a discussion forum, you might be able to hone your discussion/comprehending skills a little bit. It looks like i clearly overestimated your abilities.
My bad.

So i will explain a little. I gave you the Adori example. I provided an explanation along with it, as to why influence alone is not enough for me (her influence should be bigger than Enel and Phanta as well - so how exactly is the ratio. How much influence does someone need to close the gap with someone way stronger). Because it is inconvinient for your argument (again, just my two cents), you only take the first part and leave the rest.
Sometimes, you didn't even respond to the main point but instead argued about the things that did not matter for my main argument. I thought you did this on purpose. Now i realize you just didn't know any better. Again, my bad. But even though i now know that you aren't messing around on purpose, i still won't "argue" with you any further (me making arguments and you twisting them).

Have fun.
 

lazybum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2021
Messages
953
Reaction score
2,927
Age
34
Country
France
her influence should be bigger than Enel and Phanta as well
Enryu and Phantaminum's influence is born from their absolute power. If Phantaminum appears and tells all tower's resident to either obey him or die, then all Tower's resident either obey or die. A more concrete example, Enryu killed the administrator in FoD, and from that a cult is created around him from his feat of power and his prophecy, and the prophecy itself probably drew people who are not happy with Jahad and the 10 GF, ie certain people in FUG (some don't care like the elder Khel in his infinite wisdom wanted to kill Bam).

As for Adori's rank being superior to some great family head, the influence comes directly from Jahad, the king of the Tower. She's like the direct representative of Jahad in some form. That's why even though a FH can kill her easily, Jahad being behind her restrict FH from too much interference. It seems only 2 FH are above her, being Arie Hon and Khun Eduan. The latter can be explained Eduan making many descendants who become strong (Ascensio, Mascheny ...) and follow Eduan despite being the worse father. The former, it seems there is a cult around Arie Hon in the family, as the strongest sword, and their swordsmanship is very strong I guess?
Luslec, while he is nothing to a FH, he alone can make FH act if he does anything. That alone gives him influence for those unhappy with Jahad's empire.

Also, can we be sure that those who hand down ranks are not without bias? Even if it's subtle. Like Enryu being second and Phantaminum being first. I suspect Phanta being first because he directly attack Jahad, otherwise from feat alone Enryu should be first. Phanta's method of attacking being incomprehensible is not a good reason enough IMO when Enryu has basically violated a rule taken for absolute by the Tower's inhabitant (maybe even the Irregulars) : the administrators are the absolute beings in the tower. Phanta "only" killed some HR (who are absolute specks to Guardians) with some unique power, which no one even knows if it can kill a Guardian. People don't know Phanta is an "axis", they don't even know the word "axis". For all they know, Phanta could be just an unknown, older Irregular than the great warriors and is stronger than Jahad.
 
Last edited:

Wha

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
1,017
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Enryu and Phantaminum's influence is born from their absolute power. If Phantaminum appears and tells all tower's resident to either obey him or die, then all Tower's resident either obey or die. A more concrete example, Enryu killed the administrator in FoD, and from that a cult is created around him from his feat of power and his prophecy, and the prophecy itself probably drew people who are not happy with Jahad and the 10 GF, ie certain people in FUG (some don't care like the elder Khel in his infinite wisdom wanted to kill Bam).
And that is the thing. Instead of explaining it properly, he just leaves it there, floating around, without much information to discuss. So if you want to defend it, you can, because you can interpret whatever the hell you like (because Siu didn't establish enough bounderies).

As for Adori's rank being superior to some great family head, the influence comes directly from Jahad, the king of the Tower. She's like the direct representative of Jahad in some form. That's why even though a FH can kill her easily, Jahad being behind her restrict FH from too much interference. It seems only 2 FH are above her, being Arie Hon and Khun Eduan. The latter can be explained Eduan making many descendants who become strong (Ascensio, Mascheny ...) and follow Eduan despite being the worse father. The former, it seems there is a cult around Arie Hon in the family, as the strongest sword, and their swordsmanship is very strong I guess?
Luslec, while he is nothing to a FH, he alone can make FH act if he does anything. That alone gives him influence for those unhappy with Jahad's empire.
the cult for Hon and Khun with his many descendants - as long as it doesn't mean that their influence is bigger due to that (compared to Adori), it doesn't matter in that context. Urek as well - his influence shouldn't be higher than Adoris - his influence shouldn't even be higher than Gustangs, or Hon or Edhuan.
So again, how is the ratio between power/influence/whatever.


Also, can we be sure that those who hand down ranks are not without bias? Even if it's subtle. Like Enryu being second and Phantaminum being first. I suspect Phanta being first because he directly attack Jahad, otherwise from feat alone Enryu should be first. Phanta's method of attacking being incomprehensible is not a good reason enough IMO when Enryu has basically violated a rule taken for absolute by the Tower's inhabitant (maybe even the Irregulars) : the administrators are the absolute beings in the tower. Phanta "only" killed some HR (who are absolute specks to Guardians) with some unique power, which no one even knows if it can kill a Guardian. People don't know Phanta is an "axis", they don't even know the word "axis". For all they know, Phanta could be just an unknown, older Irregular than the great warriors and is stronger than Jahad.
Yeah, could be. But again, that is kinda my point

And that is the thing. Instead of explaining it properly, he just leaves it there, floating around, without much information to discuss. So if you want to defend it, you can, because you can interpret whatever the hell you like (because Siu didn't establish enough bounderies).
Him not telling us important stuff (how do spells EXACTLY work, what's the name of all the heads, how do people get their rank (the exact % power - influence - whatever) not explaining some things so that he isn't bound by them (and can change it if he likes to).
 

zoradante1

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2021
Messages
996
Reaction score
1,971
Age
21
Country
Turkey
yes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

to be a little bit more serious and precise - he started to loose me when he started to contradict himself (the rules he himself established, the lore) too much.
When he hyped someone, only to destroy the hype. If we were in Pro Wrestling, we would say that FUG got buried, by example.

Him not telling us important stuff (how do spells EXACTLY work, what's the name of all the heads, how do people get their rank (the exact % power - influence - whatever) not explaining some things so that he isn't bound by them (and can change it if he likes to).

And as of lately, the story and characters are a mess (in my opinion). Khel Hellam......he contradicts himself so much, he kinda is a contradiction.

And White.....i don't know. the thing is, SIU had so many opportunities to put a little bit more sense into all of this.
Why didn't he make White into gustangs personal bug? On the hellfloor, gustang ridicules White and then he is like "but i think there might be a way for you to join your father up there. Are you interested?" And the whole thing would make so much more sense, White doing what White does would be more logical. instead of the "i don't like your eyes bullshit".

I noticed that week after week i got less and less invested. Now, i don't really care about the weekly release, in the past i was so hyped for it.

I am also not against power ups. I want them to feel real. The only character who should be able to pull shit like that is Bam. Nowadays, the 1000 years of Kaiser, backed by her family, look like a bad joke. 1000 years to get the kind of expertise Miseng got after using the damn clicker for a few weeks (i know it's not a fair comparision, but i hope you get my drift). That was already stretching it. But now? The whole power system is broken.

At this point, Karaka could, right now, fight Kallavan and win. because something unforseen and super mysterious happens via Bam and Karaka skips a few levels to be in the top 100. It's realistic now. Because Khun and Rak showed that logical growth is a thing of the past.


I could go on and on about it.
you forgot the most important part.

Endorsi found her shinsu shape in less than 2 days while baam found with 2 days.

Khun ran was even much weaker than Daniel to a point daniel didn't even recognise him as a opponent and was referred as kid by him,and in less than 1 years he almost beats arie inieta who is massively stronger than Daniel,And baam didn't get a single useful powerup within 5 years(after s1) or when he trained 2 years in order to ride hell train shows us how SIU is capable of making viole as trash even though he is capable of copying every technique if it doesn't require a specific bloodline,can absorb everything,has great shinsu talent to a point he is at the very least 40 times more talented than Ren(Upper ranker in RED) yet he got fodderized by both endorsi and ran in terms of growth and shinsu talent in season 2. I feel like season 1 was best even though art was kinda bad
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After some thought I'm going to vote "no" on this one.

I know I come across as very critical of ToG at times. Many of the creative choices in Season 3 haven't been to my liking and I've made no secret of that. But I don't think any of it is to the point where I'd say it's "Going to shit".

I still fundamentally enjoy what ToG is. It's a unique setting for a unique story. Many of the characters are ones that I like, the setting, and world SIU has built is also one I very much enjoy seeing characters adventure through.

The idea of all these regulars who have some wish they want granted and going through the trails of the tower to see that dream realized is just a great idea for a story. I really like that part of ToG. When you hear why a character started climbing the tower. What it is they want to find at the top of it. What they're willing to do to get there. Those are parts that really appeal to me. And those elements are still there, if underutilized.

What I don't enjoy in the same way. Is the "battle manga-tization" of Season 3. Because I'm interested in stories more than who can punch who harder. This has been a problem for me with Season 3 and FUG in general. I don't think SIU has ever been a particularly talented battle writer or artist. He's not Tite Kubo nor do I expect that from him. He is a very creative and gifted creator of nuanced characters and world builder. When he is writing an ensemble adventure I think he is incredibly good because he can take full advantage of those talents. When adventure and character writing take a back seat to action, spectacle, and a singular focus on one character... I don't find that too be a good tradeoff. Season 3 has very much made that tradeoff until quite recently, we'll see if that trend continues.

Anyway, to the basic question of if ToG is going to shit. I don't think so. I think it's just a creative mistep. It's not the first one SIU has made and probably won't be the last. Writers are human beings and they can make creative decisions that don't work out once in a while. I don't think the series itself is in general decline. If the rest of ToG from here on out shared the tone Season 3 had, then I would be more pessimistic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We also really need to get out of this "every floor looks like a floating void of nothingness" situation. Remember when floors had... a floor? Not sure why that change happened. But hopefully he moves past that next floor.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
We also really need to get out of this "every floor looks like a floating void of nothingness" situation. Remember when floors had... a floor? Not sure why that change happened. But hopefully he moves past that next floor.
Ah, definitely this. This has been the case since the hell train... Which makes sense considering how massive a structure the hell train is and how it pretty much serves to skip floors. Context wise it makes sense that the current battles would take place far away from the ground since even average rankers can cause catastrophic amounts of damage and probably immediately earn a scolding from an administrator however that doesn't really make for a good story. Of course, you could also make a case that even a battle taking place in the sky (an empty void) could look amazing... However it's pretty clear that the lack of backgrounds also has something to do with SIU's injury.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
Roughly 30 votes in, and while that isn't a huge sampling, it seems roughly split down the middle.

Even some of the 'no's, per the replies here, were just barely won out over a 'yes' as there wasn't an option in between. Implying they were just barely a 'no' and as such were almost just as much a 'yes' - or close enough.

==========================

I think it's fair to say that a lot of the criticism of ToG is shared. And it's not people complaining just to complain per se. Although there may be that in some cases. But, I think an overall decline in quality has been felt by a large portion of what are effectively still fans, as negative as they can be (which is their prerogative, and I include myself in that camp as well) as opposed to disingenuous complaints just for the sake of complaining. There is an honest argument to be had that the complaints are completely warranted.

In short, I don't think it's people necessarily actively looking for something to complain about. I feel like, overall, the complaints are genuine in their critiques - and as such are based on a real, perceived quality decline. Criticism doesn't have to be constructive. But, there's a lot to complain about and a lot to enjoy, and that's obviously not the same for everyone.

I'm also not here to 'blame' SIU in the sense that he deserves any blame at all. He's under pressure, it's his product, ongoing health issues, popularity of characters keeps him from killing off characters so as not to polarize his fan-base, etc etc. I don't claim to know what motivates him or has added to the issue here (if one even exists), but these have been lobbied about - particularly with emphasis on his health. That sucks if that's the case. I can't imagine how hard it is to keep performing for over a decade with the same huge, colored chapters week in and week out, particularly in poor health and with lacking help/assistants.

As to 'why' there is a decline presupposes there is indeed one at all. That is a subjective non-fact. But, if there were to be a consensus that ToG has fallen off, WHY it has fallen off isn't in the scope of this thread, as it's just speculation anyways. I, personally, only like to shit on SIU in good fun. With the complete understanding that he's got his own life and issues, and still be appreciative of a flawed ToG as opposed to no ToG.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
Even some of the 'no's, per the replies here, were just barely won out over a 'yes' as there wasn't an option in between. Implying they were just barely a 'no' and as such were almost just as much a 'yes' - or close enough.
This is a good summary for me, still. My overall feeling is that if all I'd seen of Season 3 was a plot summary I'd imagine it as having been a pretty fantastic season thus far—SIU's underlying ideas (still) seem solid and worth following. Actually reading S3 has been a very different story, however, for reasons already articulated: going fast-enough that nothing seems to land as it should, leading to a paradoxical "nothing's been happening all S3" feeling from me.

As it is, I'll be sticking it out until either the end of the suspendium/frozen waterfall arc (or the end of the year, if it turns out SIU's just doing some kind of bait-and-switch on actually sending Baam and friends into the suspendium chamber).

However it's pretty clear that the lack of backgrounds also has something to do with SIU's injury.
I'm not even sure that's true so much as a mix of (a) power-level creep and (b) SIU not spelling out some implicit story developments. For (a) as power levels have gone up more and more of our cast can fly as a matter of course—spending more and more time up in the clouds feels inevitable. For (b), my head-canon is that Zahard's three orders have left Baam (and friends) as, basically, renegades/outlaws/fugitives...and, by extension, as spending most of their time out in the lesser-populated outskirts of the tower floors (...at least for Baam, who's supposedly spent years doing mercenary/training missions for EvK).

In fact that was arguably the point of Baam acquiring the last station: having a secure, mobile, and cloaked base of operations solves a lot of problems that Baam would otherwise face, given a reasonable understanding tower society mechanics.

Debating this interpretation is outside the scope of this thread (or should be!), so I'll close it out by noting that this is actually a good example of the kind of minor fumbles SIU seems to keep making telling his story in S3: it'd only take a couple panels of discussion between, say, Khun and Hwaryun to spell all thus out...but we don't see anywhere near as much of that stuff in S3 vis-a-vis S2.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,308
Reaction score
24,931
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I'm not even sure that's true so much as a mix of (a) power-level creep and (b) SIU not spelling out some implicit story developments. For (a) as power levels have gone up more and more of our cast can fly as a matter of course—spending more and more time up in the clouds feels inevitable. For (b), my head-canon is that Zahard's three orders have left Baam (and friends) as, basically, renegades/outlaws/fugitives...and, by extension, as spending most of their time out in the lesser-populated outskirts of the tower floors (...at least for Baam, who's supposedly spent years doing mercenary/training missions for EvK).

In fact that was arguably the point of Baam acquiring the last station: having a secure, mobile, and cloaked base of operations solves a lot of problems that Baam would otherwise face, given a reasonable understanding tower society mechanics.

Debating this interpretation is outside the scope of this thread (or should be!), so I'll close it out by noting that this is actually a good example of the kind of minor fumbles SIU seems to keep making telling his story in S3: it'd only take a couple panels of discussion between, say, Khun and Hwaryun to spell all thus out...but we don't see anywhere near as much of that stuff in S3 vis-a-vis S2.
I mean, the cast at large can't fly. Aguero and rak literally just got the ability... And androsi could fly because of bong bong before which does not have any of the implications of a regular being able to do it on their own. The only implication there is that androsi has a fancy gadget. Even white did not show flying until he got back to ranker levels of strength iirc.

Arguably bam and most of his friends have been fugitives from well before the hell train. Bam is a fugitive merely on account of being an irregular. YHS pretty much got a death sentence for his role in getting bam past the second floor. Bam's friends could as easily get a death sentence for merely associating with him. And if not that for their role in the current war where they all become pretty much traitors to the empire by associating with FUG.

To me this are things that make sense within the story at least. The issue here is more on whether someone specifically thinks or not these are decent developments..

On that note, I am not a fan of bam's absurd growth rate. It's hard to tell how much stronger than everyone else the family heads are of course but bam got within 3 years to the point where he is holding his ground against second generation slayers. He probably could hold his ground against first generation slayers as well... Back at the cage bam in his base was just short of a ranker... Now in his base he can survive physical confrontations against some high rankers (his survivability will probably depend on his enemy's specks though). Bam doesn't seem far from being able to easily overpower the yamas, yaratchas, kallavans of the world.. Of course, there are still quite a few tiers between that and family heads as far as I can tell but still. We are getting to the point where only tens of people within the tower will pose any amount of a threat to bam. Given bam's recent power boost it wouldn't be weird if other powers of his also became more manageable for that matter. Say, the mimesis... I am guessing we will see the full thrysa mimesis sooner than expected.
 

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
I mean, the cast at large can't fly. Aguero and rak literally just got the ability... And androsi could fly because of bong bong before which does not have any of the implications of a regular being able to do it on their own. The only implication there is that androsi has a fancy gadget. Even white did not show flying until he got back to ranker levels of strength iirc.
You're right, I overstated the case. The better way to put it is that, by now, (a) Baam's almost-exclusively facing off against flying opponents nowadays, (b) Baam's higher-level allies can all fly, too, and thus (c) the sky is where the action will wind up purely for in-story reasons. Baam's regular companions are not (yet) flight-capable, but they seem to be heading there (...and even when they can't, they can still fly around in little ships as they play their support roles).

Arguably bam and most of his friends have been fugitives from well before the hell train. Bam is a fugitive merely on account of being an irregular. YHS pretty much got a death sentence for his role in getting bam past the second floor. Bam's friends could as easily get a death sentence for merely associating with him. And if not that for their role in the current war where they all become pretty much traitors to the empire by associating with FUG.
I agree completely and, in fact, I'd argue that SIU's "under-selling" the significance of their fugitive status in S2 prefigure his more-extreme "under-selling" the overall S3 story (...that's how I see it). In other words, I can now say that with the benefit of hindsight SIU was under-selling his own story even back then, but not to the same extent as these days (unclear if b/c the material was stronger back then or if he was just under-selling it less than as-of-late).

On that note, I am not a fan of bam's absurd growth rate. It's hard to tell how much stronger than everyone else the family heads are of course but bam got within 3 years to the point where he is holding his ground against second generation slayers. He probably could hold his ground against first generation slayers as well... Back at the cage bam in his base was just short of a ranker... Now in his base he can survive physical confrontations against some high rankers (his survivability will probably depend on his enemy's specks though). Bam doesn't seem far from being able to easily overpower the yamas, yaratchas, kallavans of the world.. Of course, there are still quite a few tiers between that and family heads as far as I can tell but still. We are getting to the point where only tens of people within the tower will pose any amount of a threat to bam. Given bam's recent power boost it wouldn't be weird if other powers of his also became more manageable for that matter. Say, the mimesis... I am guessing we will see the full thrysa mimesis sooner than expected.
I agree overall, although I suspect a fair amount of this is due to the compressed narrative (...that I see in S3).

Combat skills aside, we're also seeing Baam grow special abilities at a pretty rapid clip, and in ways that risk coming across like a sustained chain of extremely convenient developments if SIU's not careful. For example, an arc or two back Baam insta-mastered the magic teleport bow technique (...and used up some souls to fuel it, IIRC). We're now apparently sending Baam into Tower-alcatraz, he's just acquired a boatload more souls...what're the odds Baam escapes via magic teleport bow two: long-distance teleport boogaloo?

In and of itself organically applying old techniques to new situations is generally good (for my tastes), but when it's almost every arc ending on some combination of sudden power-growth spurt and/or sudden special-technique acquisition it risks coming out pretty flat—it was better when it was told slowly-enough for the breakthrough capability growth to be the culmination of some slower-burning character-development.
 

Wha

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
1,017
Gender
Male
Country
Austria
Soooo given the latest chapter i got curious, since it has already been several months.

Does anybody of the people that said No (or yes) wants to change their mind?
Does someone new want to participate?
 

Shadowlord123

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
1,745
Reaction score
5,149
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I really want to say "no" but the current events are making the "yes" very tempting to choose.

Also, damn, that might be one of the very few polls I've seen going exactly 50/50. I kinda feel bad it has to be this one, but what can you do about it. I agree SIU's writing has been going downhill for a while now, and since the climax of the Nest, this pattern has been getting even worse the way I see it.

Still, I'll abstain from voting for the time being. Want to see more about how this arc develops, even though it's not looking good right now.
 

Koon Kiseia

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2022
Messages
132
Reaction score
92
Age
24
Country
Indonesia
I'll bring up one of the issues I'm having. And that's with the whole Baam/White corruption plotline. Can somebody explain to me how Baam using and consolidating all the powers within him somehow leads to corruption. If we are talking strictly about the souls, Baam didnt actively go around killing people to take their souls like White. He was given them. So he's not suppose to use all of his powers to stay alive when a HR is actively targeting him? He's corrupt for doing so? I'm not trying to be funny. This shit makes absolutely no sense to me an i feel like I'm missing something.
About soul. I'm getting confused over AA and Rak. It is mentioned Arlene (Baam's said to be mom) a wizard (probably better than Gustang magic). But how is it Rak and AA. AA a DD of Eduan. And Rak a native. Did being a DD of great family no matter which one it is and a DD of a native one's males you be able to devour power?

Or do the flame (the one supposed to healing) was meant for both devour and share the powers it had devoured?????

Edit: i just come to this cuz u mention soul
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I really want to say "no" but the current events are making the "yes" very tempting to choose.

Also, damn, that might be one of the very few polls I've seen going exactly 50/50. I kinda feel bad it has to be this one, but what can you do about it. I agree SIU's writing has been going downhill for a while now, and since the climax of the Nest, this pattern has been getting even worse the way I see it.

Still, I'll abstain from voting for the time being. Want to see more about how this arc develops, even though it's not looking good right now.
Well, i think FoD along with the last station of hell train was enough to get us to the princesses story' as well as Androssi telling about her arc enemy.

I rather great family's arc. We already know Traumerei hobby as leader. Kirin as second in LPB (seeing how only he, talked to Gustang). And their member loyalty and else..

SIU mention Ha family Bering more human except their power. And Yuri look to Yurin not with Bower head at all. And the seemingly one of Yurin's twin child give mercy to Cheonhee's father by accepting Cheonhee (although he ia bowing he said things like do you know father's feeling of their child blabla(which trau said to Wang2 he did not care dog's feeling))

Ha share their blood. LPB not nesessary. Yeon zero blood. Koon too many wives. Hendo child killer.

Anything, i want more of Po Bidau/Yeon/Koon/Arie

And this seemingly princess arc had Po Bidau arc alongside. It is the brightside of this arc (just do not care Rachel is there, okay?)
 

Fiodor Pavlovich K

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2012
Messages
202
Reaction score
513
Age
37
Country
Brazil
Soooo given the latest chapter i got curious, since it has already been several months.

Does anybody of the people that said No (or yes) wants to change their mind?
Does someone new want to participate?
I wasn't aware of the thread.

Voted yes.

But if going to shit means a publication halt I'm not sure. The thing is ToG got an anime adaptation which generally is quite good for the series. I bet ToG has much more readers nowadays than on its first 8 years.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I wasn't aware of the thread.

Voted yes.

But if going to shit means a publication halt I'm not sure. The thing is ToG got an anime adaptation which generally is quite good for the series. I bet ToG has much more readers nowadays than on its first 8 years.
I just meant your personal opinions. Yes, there is a larger mass appeal and awareness now that it's animated. But, let's say there are more readers than ever - at least the ones in Korea aren't reporting that they are happy with the turn of events. And I doubt that only old readers are responding. That means even newer readers are by and large unimpressed.
 

Azure🐬

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2022
Messages
353
Reaction score
798
Age
24
Country
India
I will hold back my opinion on this for the time being and pray for SIU to get back into shape.
Idk but reading the last few chapters, things seriously seem to have gone wrong somewhere. 😣
I had contemplated for some time if I should give it up for now but TOG has characters I care about. So, in the end, I couldn't.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
I will hold back my opinion on this for the time being and pray for SIU to get back into shape.
Idk but reading the last few chapters, things seriously seem to have gone wrong somewhere. 😣
I had contemplated for some time if I should give it up for now but TOG has characters I care about. So, in the end, I couldn't.
Well, to be fair, your opinion is quite clear is it not? lol
 
Top