Shoujo - Tonari no Shugoshin by Shimaki Ako | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shoujo Tonari no Shugoshin by Shimaki Ako

setsunasazuki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Title: Tonari no Shugoshin となりの守護神
Authored by : Ako Shimaki
Serialised in : Cheese!
Published by : Shogakukan ~in english~
Genre: Shoujo, Comedy, School Life
Japanese Release: On-going series (1 vols ~)
Edited Mangas: Ongoing (see further below)

Summary
Imagine this, a Sir Lancelot from the past appear in front of you. Is it a dream? Let's join Rio and her encounters with this Sir Lancelot, who suddenly appears in front of her. What is she suppose to do with him exactly?

Edited Manga Groups:
- Tenshi Tachi
- Saigo no Shou

Let's talk about this series here...and what do you like about the story?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering if anyone has Tonari no shugoshin or is Editing it? chapters 4 and higher? thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: [Request] Tonari no shugoshin

This is done by Tenshi Tachi. They have it up to Chap 3, you can get it at their forum (no registration required).
Its actually a very new series, and I think they are the only group doing it at the moment. :)

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Oh, what a coincidence. I've read chapter 1 a few month back when Tenshi-Tachi started Editing it, then I saw yesterday that chapter 2 and 3 is already out and catched up. It's a veeeeery cute series and I can't wait for the next release (damn cliffhanger >.<).

And no, sorry. Tenshi-Tachi is the only (English-language) group Editing it as far as I know, so chapter 3 is the latest scanlated one.

The series started in issue #10 of the monthly released shoujo magazine Cheese! last year (chapter 8 should be with the issue on April 24, 2007 then, I guess). The first volume was released on January 26, 2007.

//edit
Nami was faster, I drooled to long at the volume cover >.>

setsunasazuki

Reaction score
Country
United States

oOoOo i see T.T they left at a cliff hanger! ._. I hope the next chapter comes soon.

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Yes, and what a damn cliffhanger ;______; ... but all we can do is wait and pray and hope :XD

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Re: Tonari no shugoshin by Ako Shimaki

Pray no more! Chapter 4 is out...go and get it at Tenshi's webpage! :D

This is really a funny chapter...somehow my mouth is 'frozen' from too much laughing.
Anyway, for those who hasn't read Ako Shimaki's works before, or this manga yet, you should try reading this.
Lancelot is such a bishieeee :love..

changmai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Shoujo] Tonari no Shugoshin by Shimaki Ako (v02)

I read the rules and there isn't anything specific on bumping. I believe it sort of is bumping the topic since no one has replied since 2007 but I really love this series and i can't find much about it. MH doesn't have it in the directory so i was just wondering if ANYONE knew anything else about this series. I have read all the available Edited Mangas which is Volume 1 to Volume 2 Chapter 6. I cannot read Japanese which is really a shame...but anything would be nice. Thank you.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

Yeah, another fan of this series! How do you think the ending will be?
Vol 2 Chap 6 is around halfway through the story, so maybe another 2 more chapters and the story ends. After that, there are 2 extras which has nothing to do with the main story. And if you are talking about japanese raws, we don't have it on this website but you can check out online viewing for this in chinese.
:cheerbunny

changmai

Reaction score
Country
United States

I have no idea how the ending will be really and i don't even want to make any guesses though now that you asked i have made one. LOL! Well, I'm hoping it's a happy ending and since it isn't a tragedy like Mucha Kucha Daisuki i hope he returns to the past or whatever but then her reappears in the future and he falls in love with her, something along that. HAHA! But thanks for the link. I'll check it out! XD