Discussion Top 3 Favorite Female Characters

Top 3 Favorite Female Characters?

• Total voters

i4den

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Out of the options here, who are your 3 favorite female characters in this series? If I didn’t include them, please pick “other” and explain who they are and why.

Mine are:
1) Nezuko - adorable, dependable, excellent character design and amazing blood demon art / powers.

2) Shinobu - lovely haori, hilariously “dark” and overall excellent character design.

3) Daki - cool powers and one of the few powerful female demons so worthy of note. Her duo with her bro Gyutaro is one of my favorite things in the manga.

Laminariales

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nezuko:
Her design is really lovely. The hemp leaf pattern is pleasent to look at, very few manga realize forehead > bangs. I get nostalgic over her human self too. Tanjirou as well but all the kamado household are wonderful people, kind but firm. I like the scene in red light when her younger brother ghost worry about her, and when she pushed tanjirou to save the villagers I shed tears

Shinobu:
I read the manga after a fanarts of her, sadly the artist deleted it. Smile all the time bc her sister loved her smile, try to carry her kind ideals where everyone gets along together, say so and doesn't mean it, extremely angry. I wish we could've seen her interact with nezuko, I love her honest repulsion. Her monologue as her last attack fails is my favorite

Tamayo: If I become a demon I'll also manipulate my body to drink tea. A demon I really wonder about her fate, unlike yushiro and nezuko probably ate enough to be an upper moon, has no hope to be forgiven and can't forgive muzan seaking revenge while also being afraid. A demon with no ally from the corps or muzan army. I'm glad she had yushiro at some point. She did things "correctly" while turning yushiro but I still wonder if it was fair to him... Also Sakamoto maaya

I'll take this chance to talk about others,

Kanao:
Was an empty vase tell her fight with douma, the novel made her a tad better. I perceive her a lot like aoi does honestly

Mitsuri:
May be my least favorite, I liked her when she first appeared kyun-ing over everyone, also in blacksmith arc, her downside is she ruin the tension sometimes, I even hated her when when ubuyashiki just blew his family and himself and everyone is in shock yet she quickly was fawning over iguro. Also kitty stuff forms are cringy

As with everyone cool design and braids, and the novel made me relike her

Daki:
Daki suits her more than ume. I share gyutarou regrets she really remind me of inosuke, very stupid and influenceable I find it difficult to blame her for stuff. A brat

Kanae: was probably a female tanjirou, she promised shinobu to become slayers together but seams to have regretted it later, wanting shinobu out. I have yet to read the novel chapter with them and himejima, apparently in kimetsu gakuen she have spiritual power which is hilarious, himejima affect (?)

All the moms <3

XXGenesis

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Kanao is cute asf and strong. I wish we could of had an arc with her earlier. Her backstory is super sad probably the saddest. I like that she was saved by Kanae & Shinobu and they became her sisters.

Nezuko is my.#1 girl, she's cute but she's like my little sis. I want Tanjiro to save her, and she's just so kool. From kicking demon ass literally, to saving Tanjiro, other demon slayers and humans. She rocks honestly

Mitsuri Kanroji my baby. Is just so hot and quirky just how I like my ladies. Lol, I really like Kanroji, her ditsyness, her odd strength. Her swordplay aside from Nezuko, she's my favorite

Gladiolus

Reaction score
Country
Spain
1st: Mitsuri Kanroji. Best girl, really. Strong, cheerful, caring, nice, pretty, kinda dorky, with a good body and a really beautiful design (and voiced by Kana Hanazawa). She really embodies the concept of "Pillar of Love". I hope Gotouge gives her justice in her upcoming fight, she deserves it after only serving as a distraction to Hantengu while Tanjirou, Nezuko and Genya went for his true body. Please, crocodile-sensei, spare her too ;_;

2nd: Daki/Ume/Warabihime. I love her design and how stylish her Demon Blood art and battle style is. I also loved how she was a sadistic top bitch in her first appearences only to revert to a clingy little sister after being decapitated by Tengen and calling her brother for help in a tantrum. It was very unexpected, but surprisingly cute. She had a pretty sad past too and provided one of the best battles of the series along with her older brother, so I ended liking her a lot despite only appearing in a single arc. Honestly, I cannot wait to see her in motion one day and what voice actress they will pick for her...

3rd: Aoi Kanzaki. She's not a very prominent character, but I like how serious and hardworking she is, and how she's one of the characters of the manga who doesn't tolerates Zenitsu's bullshit when he goes whiny mode. I also like her pigtails and her blue eyes. She deserved more screentime, but since she's not a fighter, is understandable.

Honorable mention: The spider mom demon, because she was a hot milf that was actually a loli. I think she had a pretty solid design too.

Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So since everyone here knows that really don't want Mitsuri to die I have a question that might be in her case. Has a fanservice girl in a mainstream shonen manga ever gotten killed off? I mean there's a reason why they keep them alive, for fanservice reason so is it safe to say that Mitsuri is safe? or am I really just overexaggerating and should just be patient lol.

Fanservice girls in mainstream shonen manga
Bleach: Orihime(alive)
Fairy Tail: Lucy, all fairy tail girls were mostly fan service but lucy was always the main one (alive)
One Piece: Ruby(Alive)
Naruto: Not much fanservice in this one but most women are alive
Black Clover: Vanessa(alive)
Demon Slayer: Mitsuri? (TBT)

Also, I'm about to controversy myself a bit but I guess demon slayer has not had its very share of fanservice outside of showing a naked Mitsuri in the hot springs and her cleavage being visible, but I guess when you look at everyone else that a girl in the series they've never really gotten any service other than her.

somethingnice

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1) Nezuko: I went back and forth with liking her. But personally now I've set her as my favorite female. She's adorable, and badass. Her Blood Demon Art is amazing too. Can't wait for more of her action.

2) Mitsuri: Funny as hell and also adorable. I really like the way she fights and her general attitude towards others.

3) Kanao: Was a bit hard to choose. Kanao had my peak of interest since a long time and I actually put her above Nezuko during that time. But the spark...isn't there anymore. I still like Kanao, and I would love to see more of her.

-Stray

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
1- Kanao
Had a pretty messed up backstory like all the others but the difference is.. hers wasn't because of a demon surprisingly.
only reason why I put her higher than Shinobu who I viewed as the pinnacle of female characters in this series is her shy timid adorable personality combined with her cute design and her growth compared to Shinobu that doesn't really have those.
2- Shinobu
By far the most attractive gal in the series both physically and mentally. Love her personality and design, also her backstory and sword style being way different than your normal demon slayer.
3- Nezuko
Adorable, protective and strong little sister, a being that not only protects you but also one you want to protect with all your body and soul.

Laminariales

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nope Tomioka already has good timescreen you can thank Muzan for that. His battle with Akaza and Muzan was good enough. He is done good enough already. Besides Tomioka,Obanai never had one on one fight don t forget that and Sanemi amd Himejima. Tomioka isn t only one.

The fact you haven t made any reason to justify why all this females in KNY except Nezuko have crap time screen is the fact I am right. Even Sanemi have more you can thank Muzan and kokushibo for that. Obanai is only one lacking but he is getting it now.

My complain on lack females timescreen in KNY is spot on see all four I mention.

And I am not talking about impact and influence on plot. its about screentime and appearing more.

I fail too see how you think Giyu is lacking screentime combine the fight between Akaza and Muzan he has good enough already.

You can disagree with me thats fine and no problem for me but they deserve better In my opinion Kanroji,Kanao,Tamayo and Shinobu

Obanai is getting more he should be getting better. So no reason for anyone to complain about him.
No... I said they got as much screen time as other characters, how did you read that as yes they have less time. Being the main in a battle doesn't mean being the only fighter, that equels death, just they are on the frontline.

I don't know what to tell you should I list every pillar life since demon train? seriously complain about rengoku, uzui, or tokitou. Shinazugawa, iguro and himejima got more focus in the fortress because they never participated before the fortress. Shinobu arc was fulfilled as was Kanao's within it. I mean what do you want to see exactly? Beside acrobat? That would be a more interesting talk

The manga is ending in 20+ chapter so let's talk about it, Both butterfly girls personalities and motivations were established back in the post-pillars meating recovery, shinobu as angry women driven by revenge and kanao as rather bland, their stories are intertwined shinobu fuffiled her goal and died with spite and glory and kanao acquired emotion. Now I cried during that arc resolution but generally and retrospectively kanao doesn't appeal to me compared to everyone, she's more boring compared to more theatrical characters. That's a personal taste

Mitsuri is one end of spectrum, she's a normal girl when it comes to motivations and background, she comes straight out of a shoujo manga, I think you either like her or not, as of now I'm reliking her just understand she's very animated and here for refreshments

Tamayo, or as I think of her prototype-shinobu, is the opposite end of the spectrum mitsuri is in, very grounded and almost "realistic" middle aged women mixing chemicals to avenge her dead children. Her other struggle is being a demon who feasted on a lot of people, nezuko accepted her, she only lives to see muzan die. Honestly the only thing left I would like to see from her is a confrontation with yushiro in the afterlife

This is very good manga from makers point of view, alas I really think it just boils down to opinions, even if I haven't given up on him imo tomioka have been an under achiever this whole arc I pray that sabito ghost smack him.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
#1 Nezuko

The ultimate imouto. Considering she couldn't talk for so long it's kind of amazing how endearing she was and that just continues to grow stronger.

#2 Shinobu

I love the character. The whole gentle but ruthless nature. And the gorgeous poisonous butterfly aesthetics. Not thrilled about where her story ends up because awesome characters like her always die anti-climatically so somebody else can do something cool. It's the "Unohana syndrome" and I hate it with every fiber of my being. Characters like this should never be wasted. RIP Retsu Unohana and Shinobu Kocho.

#3 Mitsuri

She's got some serious gap moe going on with the ultra strength and talent for all things violent with her loving personality. There is just a lot to like there and I hope she gets her time to shine.

Last edited:

Mirage

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Daki, and as of the recent chapters; Tamayo and Shinobu because they're actually the MVPs.

So since everyone here knows that really don't want Mitsuri to die I have a question that might be in her case. Has a fanservice girl in a mainstream shonen manga ever gotten killed off? I mean there's a reason why they keep them alive, for fanservice reason so is it safe to say that Mitsuri is safe? or am I really just overexaggerating and should just be patient lol.

Fanservice girls in mainstream shonen manga
Bleach: Orihime(alive)
Fairy Tail: Lucy, all fairy tail girls were mostly fan service but lucy was always the main one (alive)
One Piece: Ruby(Alive)
Naruto: Not much fanservice in this one but most women are alive
Black Clover: Vanessa(alive)
Demon Slayer: Mitsuri? (TBT)

Also, I'm about to controversy myself a bit but I guess demon slayer has not had its very share of fanservice outside of showing a naked Mitsuri in the hot springs and her cleavage being visible, but I guess when you look at everyone else that a girl in the series they've never really gotten any service other than her.
Most of those chicks are main characters, wouldn't really compare them to Mitsuri.