Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 200 Discussion / 201 Predictions | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 200 Discussion / 201 Predictions

What's your opinion regarding Ran's "approach" in this chapter?

• Total voters

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Tower of God.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
  • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
  • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
Spoiler Pics and Translations:
  • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
  • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
  • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
  • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
  • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
  • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.
For-Profit Download Links
  • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
  • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
  • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
  • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
  • *.usercash.*
    *.linkbucks.*
    *.tinyurl.*
    *.anonym.to/*
    *.xrl.us/*
    *.realfiles.net*
    *.sharecash.*
    *.shorl.com/*
    *.lix.in/*
    *.pgi-shumen.info/*
    *hotfile.com*
    *letitbit.net*
    *depositfiles.com*
    *tiny.cc*
    *uploading.com*
    *ugotfile.com*
    *depositt.blogspot.com*
    *cashfiles.blog.com*
    *snipurl.com*
    *bit.ly*
    *rayfile.com*
    *storage.to*
    *megaupload.com*
    *share-links.biz*
    *doiop.com*
    *filefactory.com*
    *missupload.com*
    *enterupload.com*
    *mangoshare.com*
Formatting:
  • We ask that proper format is followed to provide the maximum amount of information and best reading experience.
Example One:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

http://img265.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=539055332_03_122_77lo.jpg

Example Two:

Source: Mangahelpers
Credits: Ohana

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pretium nunc et ante condimentum eget fermentum velit posuere.
Proin sollicitudin mollis augue sed semper.
Aenean eget lectus eget risus laoreet convallis id non massa. Cras non urna vitae neque imperdiet rhoncus.
Quisque luctus felis ultricies eros mollis pulvinar.

Reactions: Nii

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: Tower of God Chapter 200 Spoiler Thread

Wow, this was lame...Chapter 200 brings us even more disappointment.

At least we got a reason for bringing along those noobs. You need cannon fodder and people to betray/abandon.

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

The question is whether our generic & dumb protagonist sacrifice fodder characters? And still wasting chapters on this fodder is totally wrong.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

The question is whether our generic & dumb protagonist sacrifice fodder characters? And still wasting chapters on this fodder is totally wrong.
Well, Baam's generally unwilling to sacrifice fodder, although he did beat them up during the first test in the 20th Floor. Yes, you're right, we shouldn't be wasting chapters in an elevator with the fodder.

strixflash

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

The ones he beat in the first test on 20th floor's was SIU' stupid way of showing that Baam has beome anti-hero... But alas SIU had no guts and it was all for nothing. Plus Baam did defeated some guys who were using him in workshop arc but then again he never killed them. I doubt SIU has enough guts to do something like making Baam kill even bad guys. I would like to be proved wrong though :) I hope SIU get manly for once and kill all the useless fodder of second season. Killing important characters take real guts though...

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

SIU won't do it, you know it.

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States

Not a big fan of this idea to gather teammates just to throw them away. Doesn't really seem like it's in Baam's nature to do so. I hope things start to pick up or this arc will last years.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I really hope this teammates dying thing isn't just bull@#$%. This arc could actually be good if SIU goes through with that. Obviously, Baam isn't going to discard anybody but that doesn't mean everybody needs to make it.

We'll probably find out pretty shortly if this arc is going to be playing for keeps. If SIU wants people to take the risk in this arc seriously he's got to prove it's real; and in this situation the perfect person to do that with is Ran. If Ran were to get crossed off here, this arc would suddenly become a lot more interesting to me.

------------------------------

It's a pity Hwa Ryun is relatively safe. Her "all knowing guide" schpeal is getting extremely worn out with me. Even in this chapter when she's saying things I want to hear, I hate the way she says it. The way she pushes the story feels so contrived. Like she's just an all purpose plot device instead of a character and part of the world. I hate that.

Last edited:

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
Reaction score
Country
Japan
amazing chapter! SIU delivered as usual. So much hype for this arc. Wow we are so early in the arc and already have Ran go all out :wub Huh can Baam just abandon his teammates like that. idk. well only SIU knows i guess 5/5 for this chapter

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Chapter wasn't that bad I think. A little less Bam and more combat from Team Ran would have been better.

Anyone else surprised about Bam's lack of communication with his teammates/friends? He could have at least warned them about the Guardian at the entrance. Obviously Ran wouldn't care but it's still odd. Maybe they don't communicate because of preventive measures reasons against the FUG.

As for Hwa Ryun and Bam, I don't think Bam would abandon his current teammates. On the other hand, I look forward to those who will hopefully die in this arc. As long as it is not Aguero or Yuri, I can deal with it.

The interesting part of the chapter was the end. Ran was the only one who was not shocked about the seperation ability of the Guardian, unlike all his other teammates. Besides, did Ran become a Wonsulsa or a variation of it? He is definitely floating on top of a square-shaped Shinsoo surface.
Don't know how I should feel about the fight. I like Ran a lot. I like his fighting style as well as his rough edges. But ever since he decided to jump on Anaak like a fool at the end of the plug game fight, his actions started to become more and more strange in my opinion. I wouldn't want him to get killed just yet, but if it happens there is nothing I can say other than "it's well deserved", lol.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it was a good chapter too especially if the mortality rate thing wasn't just talk.

A lot of casualties could help this arc in a lot of ways. Fights where lives are on the line are always more dramatic for one thing. Another is the obvious weeding out of the overflow characters. Another is giving a trail by fire to those who are going to stick around. We're probably going to be entering this arc with 15-20 average to good characters. If it could give half of them a boost by sacrificing the other half that would turn, an arc I was starting to think of as kinda hopeless, into a massive win for ToG.

Last edited:

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Well this chapter is an improvement, but only because of the guardian.

Still, it's forced. Why is Ran being even a bigger douche than he already was?

As for disposable team mates, I don't quite get that. Unless there are special conditions on the train, or some crap like that. Don't see Baam sacrificing anyone, not with that shitty haircut, anyway. Come on SIU, make him cooler.

Impossibility

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
So Ran is being unnecessarily difficult, it's a bit pointless. Hwa Ryun's advice was pretty much music to most our ears, yet it's Baam that's expected to handle execution, which leaves some serious doubts about whether that's going to happen.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would advice anyone who is massively disappointed by the chapter each week to just drop the series :XD

It was an okay chapter, SIU certainly is taking his time. Nothing unusual though, it start slow most of the time and turns pretty great later on (well not talking about the Workshop here xD). I highly doubt Ran will die but I'm curious to see how strong he is now, can't really see him winning against the Guardian.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
dear lord, how unnecessary that elevator
then when it was about to get interesting the chapter ends.
the guy has an universe of possibilities, millions of characters to show and yet he keeps stalling like this.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
It seems to me that Ran would have been long dead if it weren't for Koon.

His desire to compete probably comes from his loss in the family duel. He had his fight with Anak wrapped but still couldn't resist fighting. Here we have the same situation. He just won't step back. Maybe that's what you get when you have a superpowered kid with an inferiority complex. I'm glad I don't need to find out in real life.