Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 409 Discussion / 410 Predictions | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 409 Discussion / 410 Predictions

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

The Afterwords art for this week is fairy!Baam.. Even though he did get called a "crazy" regular..

We have a Baam with Black March for the first time in a long time. It's implied in the story, but the Thirteen Months Series (Black March, Green April) are weapons that have special meanings to them, but not the most powerful weapons in the Tower. They are powerful, but they are a lot more special than powerful. After all, even wielding them is a previlage only a select few have.

Now, the fight between Ha Jinsung and Kalavan is warming up. Kalavan is perhaps not the best opponent for Ha Jinsung to fight. Hardware advantage is an important issue in a fight between martial artists. Of course, Ha Jinsung's combat skills isn't exactly average either, so the battle would have to continue more before we can tell who would win between them.

Personally, I like shots where Baam and Black March are together. Baam is almost always shown with a smaller head compared to others, but since Black March is smaller than normal people overall, this is basically the only time it looks bigger, haha (of course that's not why I like it hehe)

Anyway, "Crazy Baam" with the Black March looks to be dangerous even to Rankers. Since the battle has multiple fronts it's hectic, but I hope you look forward to how all the fronts will progress ^^.

Well then, dress warmly for the chilly weather, stay healthy, and have a happy and warm week. See you next week!

Thank you!

(Oh, and thank you for your varied opinions on the afterwords)

Source.

Fairy Baam :D.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This Regular is insane! :XD

What Kallavan said is interesting. His body was stronger than Ha family members before the absorption of the essence. One of these special bloodlines of the Tower...

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, we always knew the Ha family didn't have the strongEST body, but were sturdy because they were masters of Shinsoo Reinforcement along with a GREAT body, although not the top. IIRC Jahad is the strongest body.

But I liked How Endless Sky was used as a cutting move from Black March. Its a technique from Bam, applied through a B rank needle. Although these guys are rankers they are likely not meant for combat, they are altar administrative officers, bureaucratic folks of a 100 years latent division. They Will have ranker level and skills, but are likely the lowest even among rankers. They are Parakewl after completing his climb.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, we always knew the Ha family didn't have the strongEST body, but were sturdy because they were masters of Shinsoo Reinforcement along with a GREAT body, although not the top. IIRC Jahad is the strongest body.

But I liked How Endless Sky was used as a cutting move from Black March. Its a technique from Bam, applied through a B rank needle. Although these guys are rankers they are likely not meant for combat, they are altar administrative officers, bureaucratic folks of a 100 years latent division. They Will have ranker level and skills, but are likely the lowest even among rankers. They are Parakewl after completing his climb.
Yes, Zahard is at the top but it's the first time we see someone who is not from the Zahard family with a body that powerful.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yes, Zahard is at the top but it's the first time we see someone who is not from the Zahard family with a body that powerful.
Kallavan having a body even stronger than simply the 10 families would be remarkable to begin with. And while the ha family don't seem to have "the" strongest bodies, they do seem to be pretty high up there. Otherwise it would be difficult for them to be martial artist as they are even with reinforcement considering the point SIU made in the blog post about hardware.

What I am not sure of is if kallavan had this body before getting the crystal though. There is a bit of an assumption that he had that to begin with but I don't think the series has properly addressed this. Of course, kallavan's bloodline is without a doubt strong,that much goes without saying. but it would be reasonable for the crystal to have made kallavan's body stronger as well given the circumstances. I mean, he might even approach a princess which is would far more astonishing than him matching the body of a member of the 10 families.

On a side note, I hope this helps appreciate the sort of monster motherfucking yuri is. A ha whose body is boosted by zahard's blood... She has the techniques AND the body to be a deadly martial artist. Yuri is top 500 rank wise but I wouldn't be surprised if she could perform much better than her ranking suggests.

Brian Taboada

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't buy that. Jahad selecting pitiful rankers? Charlie and the Director (Jungle hands) are definitely part of the fighting corps, i.e., combatants. They may be low-level rankers but they are certainly above a Parakewl who by the grace of god became a ranker. Give Baam his due. He just destroyed a ship with one hit for Christ sake.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don't buy that. Jahad selecting pitiful rankers? Charlie and the Director (Jungle hands) are definitely part of the fighting corps, i.e., combatants. They may be low-level rankers but they are certainly above a Parakewl who by the grace of god became a ranker. Give Baam his due. He just destroyed a ship with one hit for Christ sake.
That's an arms inventory, not a ship. Jahad picks rankers for every fuction possible, but he has to select among those willing to stay loyal to him, he doesn't want traitors. Therefore he has a smaller number of people to chose from. And from these, he puts a whole Lot on RED squadron, several more on Battle squads, private guards, administration personel on floors Allied to him, then there's the altars and who knows what Else he has needs for manning. I assume he has a vigilance sector too, in charge of watching everything over.

If we take into consideration the order by which the enemies involved with the regulars, we Saw C ranked and B ranked regulars First, and then Charlie and Dark Elf. They are likely the weakest rankers around, enough to humiliate themselves fighting regulars. Its not an easy feat for Bam to hold ground against them, no matter How weak they are, there's a big Power Gap between them and the strongest regular. Meaning anything Bam's companions can Hope to achieve before 130 F still falls short of these guys' abilities. To not lose to them is a great feat. Specially at such a low Floor.

I don't think Bam Will foderize them, he needs to save stamina and they don't know this. They are scared and that's the reason his strategy is working. If they Go at him Bam can injure them, but If he fails to, then Bam might become exausted and unable to fight. It is, for me, a 50/50 scenario, cause Bam "has got a gun, but is low on bullets"

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's an arms inventory, not a ship. Jahad picks rankers for every fuction possible, but he has to select among those willing to stay loyal to him, he doesn't want traitors. Therefore he has a smaller number of people to chose from. And from these, he puts a whole Lot on RED squadron, several more on Battle squads, private guards, administration personel on floors Allied to him, then there's the altars and who knows what Else he has needs for manning. I assume he has a vigilance sector too, in charge of watching everything over.

If we take into consideration the order by which the enemies involved with the regulars, we Saw C ranked and B ranked regulars First, and then Charlie and Dark Elf. They are likely the weakest rankers around, enough to humiliate themselves fighting regulars. Its not an easy feat for Bam to hold ground against them, no matter How weak they are, there's a big Power Gap between them and the strongest regular. Meaning anything Bam's companions can Hope to achieve before 130 F still falls short of these guys' abilities. To not lose to them is a great feat. Specially at such a low Floor.

I don't think Bam Will foderize them, he needs to save stamina and they don't know this. They are scared and that's the reason his strategy is working. If they Go at him Bam can injure them, but If he fails to, then Bam might become exausted and unable to fight. It is, for me, a 50/50 scenario, cause Bam "has got a gun, but is low on bullets"
Part of the reason I suspected Charlie would get beat by Bam (or at least face Bam) was specifically because he’s new to the job. Charlie is not seasoned in his post and given the director’s statement of not getting an order in a long time he’s likely rusty. Still, I doubt that Zahard would give an important post to pushovers. Executing the orders is one of the most important jobs as it is used to maintain order and maintain the empire.

Bam in this case is like when a baseball player moves up mid-season from AAA to the big leagues. Usually a pitcher like that will get a ton of strikeouts because the batters have never seen him before. The Rankers here have never seen Bam before which gives Bam the advantage so long as the surprise lasts. The longer Bam fights the worse it’ll be for him.

Considering the Black March - many have suspected that the 13 months colors correspond to a family and since Bam seems to have black shinsoo that the Black March corresponds to V. This would be a big reason it’s attracted to him.

I have this idea that the 13 warriors contributed some of their shinsoo so that the weapons could be made. Right after this, V realized he’d been betrayed and that is when the rebellion occurred. The other theory is that the spirit in the blades is actually Arlene, which could explain why the Black March just now said she likes Bam’s eyes. Regardless, it seems that Bam and the Black March have a close connection. Hard to say if Bam will have a similar one to any other 13 months.

Last, regarding Kallavan and Jinsung (and Zahard). It was never said that Zahard had the toughest body. I took it that Zahard is the jack of all trades, but good enough in all areas to exploit deficits in anyone else.

It is not confirmed that Kallavan was tougher than a Ha without the crystal, but it appears in the initial salvo with Jinsung he did not use it, or at least not much. We then see him draw from it and his fist color changed. There have been tons of “bad matchups” in manga/manwah history. Sometimes the good guy triumphs and sometimes not.

It seems in this fight SIU is either setting up that it’s OK for Jinsung to lose (heroic death like Mace Windu.... though that could have been better...), or it is setting up a hornets nest of war. Given that Kallavan has confirmed the nature of the 3 orders (that if one is completed the others no longer need to be), and given the layout of the battlefield now, I am predicting that Kallavan wins here only to fail later or arrive too late. I don’t think Jinsung is killed right away but rather he is captured and I predict later on we will get some interrogation scene with RED, the head of the Ha family, or Zahard himself.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The rankers dispatched to deal with the hell train passengers were not handpicked for the task. What the army did was straight up dispatch a whole army division to the hell train and other potential targets. Such as jinsung and yu hansung. And quite a few of the forces have meet a poor end. Some got caught up in the "crossfire" between mascheny and jinsung. Others got wrecked by evankhel.

And in regards to charlie... We don't really know how exactly he is ranked among rankers. He seems to be a newby in general though. All rankers are by default strong within the context of tog (there are only 100000 rankers more or less and the tower has billions of people on every floor) though. And the job charlie was given in regards to the orders is not one that necessarily requires strength to begin with. Its not an unimportant job but it would be a waste to give it to, say, kallavan. Charlie was basically a pencil pusher.

I doubt any of the 13 months will be arlen. From what we know arlen actually got out of the tower so there is no way her soul would reside inside a weapon.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
The rankers dispatched to deal with the hell train passengers were not handpicked for the task. What the army did was straight up dispatch a whole army division to the hell train and other potential targets. Such as jinsung and yu hansung. And quite a few of the forces have meet a poor end. Some got caught up in the "crossfire" between mascheny and jinsung. Others got wrecked by evankhel.

And in regards to charlie... We don't really know how exactly he is ranked among rankers. He seems to be a newby in general though. All rankers are by default strong within the context of tog (there are only 100000 rankers more or less and the tower has billions of people on every floor) though. And the job charlie was given in regards to the orders is not one that necessarily requires strength to begin with. Its not an unimportant job but it would be a waste to give it to, say, kallavan. Charlie was basically a pencil pusher.

I doubt any of the 13 months will be arlen. From what we know arlen actually got out of the tower so there is no way her soul would reside inside a weapon.
I think your assessment of the army and Charlie is correct. I had forgotten that a lot of it got taken out with Jinsung and Maschenny. Speaking of that, shouldn’t she be arriving sometime soon? If she doesn’t show up that would be suspicious though maybe with all the chaos it will be forgotten.

Regarding the 13 months, my suspicion is that all of them retain a fragment of the same soul (which is why the Ghost of the 13 months takes over when more than one is ignited). Soul splitting is not unprecedented (the devil in Ilmar/Cassano, the Spearhead Tebo/Lebo). Considering the vengeful nature of the spirit I guessed that she’s a pretty mean b.... I mean ah, she has issues. I can’t think of a woman who would be more upset to be sealed in a weapon by Zahard than Arlene. I’m not sure that the fragments of the soul are aware of their origin but at least it seems they are aware that they belong together. If they are a fragmented soul it would be a perfect way for Bam to meet Arlene’s spirit.

I admit this directly contradicts Garam’s story and my idea about the 13 companions using their shinsoo make the weapons, so eh, it’s probablt not right.

If the spirit isn’t Arlene I had this thought it could be V.... but the spirits are all women so far and changing the gender is not something I think SIU would do... that’s too M Night Shamalan for SIU’s style.

It is possible that the spirit is someone we haven’t learned about yet, someone important to the Tower in general. Perhaps Zahard sealed this important person to prevent anyone else from climbing - such that the “key” to the next floor isn’t a thing so much as it is a person.

Last edited:

GOOMOONRYONG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can’t believe I never made a connection between Black March and Bam name wise. Seems like it could be possible that Baam inherits her at some point. It’s going to be hard from Baam to defend himself from so many opponents. Can’t wait to see if anyone higher than Charlie’s level shows up.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kallavan having a body even stronger than simply the 10 families would be remarkable to begin with. And while the ha family don't seem to have "the" strongest bodies, they do seem to be pretty high up there. Otherwise it would be difficult for them to be martial artist as they are even with reinforcement considering the point SIU made in the blog post about hardware.

What I am not sure of is if kallavan had this body before getting the crystal though. There is a bit of an assumption that he had that to begin with but I don't think the series has properly addressed this. Of course, kallavan's bloodline is without a doubt strong,that much goes without saying. but it would be reasonable for the crystal to have made kallavan's body stronger as well given the circumstances. I mean, he might even approach a princess which is would far more astonishing than him matching the body of a member of the 10 families.

On a side note, I hope this helps appreciate the sort of monster motherfucking yuri is. A ha whose body is boosted by zahard's blood... She has the techniques AND the body to be a deadly martial artist. Yuri is top 500 rank wise but I wouldn't be surprised if she could perform much better than her ranking suggests.
According to the flashback, Jinsung left and never met him again before the essence absorption. And in this chapter, Kallavan asks him if he has forgotten that his body was stronger, which means that his body was stronger before it. Assuming the translation is correct.

Ripcord

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can’t believe I never made a connection between Black March and Bam name wise. Seems like it could be possible that Baam inherits her at some point. It’s going to be hard from Baam to defend himself from so many opponents. Can’t wait to see if anyone higher than Charlie’s level shows up.
I don’t think Bam can take on anything more than Charlie on his own, but time will tell. YHS really has grown on me (for as much as I hated him before...) and I would really love to see Bam and YHS fight together.

Do you mean Black March having B a M ? I’m not sure about that as this manwah is written in Korean.

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I don’t think Bam can take on anything more than Charlie on his own, but time will tell. YHS really has grown on me (for as much as I hated him before...) and I would really love to see Bam and YHS fight together.

Do you mean Black March having B a M ? I’m not sure about that as this manwah is written in Korean.
Black March is 'Kamen Semwol', no relationship to Bam's name except at meaning level.