Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 544 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 42 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 544 Spoilers & Discussion

lazybum

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

@Demonspeed pin please

EternalWinter

Reaction score
Country
United States
But of course it will. Guys like Gustang and Traumerei will surely consent to being ruled over by a Towerborn.
A tower horn who is likely the son of Zahad
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's not like I don't believe Gustang. He said V was the worst kind of person he has met. There must be reason for that.
But I don't think he ever said that V killed himself. Garam stated what was there in the pocket just like a narrator. I don't disbelieve her either.
I am just confused...
Was V a kind of person who would kill himself? I think the truth maybe different. And Gustang is pretty smart.
I think we will know when the time comes.... 😊I may be wrong though.
V was a coward who killed himself

suicide is a terrible sin to some

AdityaG

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
It's not like I don't believe Gustang. He said V was the worst kind of person he has met. There must be reason for that.
But I don't think he ever said that V killed himself. Garam stated what was there in the pocket just like a narrator. I don't disbelieve her either.
I am just confused...
Was V a kind of person who would kill himself? I think the truth maybe different. And Gustang is pretty smart.
I think we will know when the time comes.... 😊I may be wrong though.
Well some theorise that Aykrung maybe related to/or even be V. Though I think it is very much possible he really killed him off for Arlene to have no affiliation with him and will join the other GW, though he was seriously wrong about that. Also, garam narrated that following the story in the Pocket, I don't think they would have been modified, plus IIRC Garam only said that she didn't tell the complete story, though as much she told, she's likely true.

DeadCosmos

Reaction score
Country
United States
V is not a coward just for suicide, how the hell you are going to beat the immortal guy and 9 of them at that? He pretty much quit playing the video game that was impossible to beat, there is nothing wrong with that. He still alive anyways so there is a chance he planned to stay alive.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Something which recently stood out to me... When eduan was talking about V and zahard he never mentioned arlen as someone who cared about tower residents. So... what if her own attitude towards tower residents was closer to the family heads than V's? This would make V stand out among the great warriors as the only one who truly valued tower residents. And this leads to some important questions regarding the dynamics of V's and arlen's relationship. Imagine the relationship between the two if V believed tower residents had intrinsic value while arlen's attitude was pretty in line with at least gustang's and traumerei's.

This also brings up some issues regarding both of their motivations to stand up to zahard. Data eduan believed V was more fit to be king due to actually caring about tower residents. It's hard to imagine the great warriors from later on caring about tower residents when deciding who gets to be king. Which would apply to arlen. I think the implication here to an extent might be that arlen fought zahard due to her objections to ending the climb while V might have fought for tower residents.

And finally.... we get to V killing himself and asking arlen to return to her friends... If arlen didn't view tower residents as more than trifles then then this explains why V would want this. The trifles wouldn't really have anything to offer to arlen. NPCs aren't actual companionship or anything of the sort. So you had arlen who lost a kid (though in this scenario it's weird that she wouldn't have viewed it as a tower born trifle)... And v whose war had caused arlen immeasurable pain. Along with potentially alienating her from the only people in the tower who could offer her actual friendship. It's not that hard to imagine V feeling immeasurably guilty over how his war affected arlen. It's not that hard to imagine arlen being nothing but resentful of V... Who then kill's himself. Maybe hoping it would offer arlen some measure of freedom but instead only making things worst for her?

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Something which recently stood out to me... When eduan was talking about V and zahard he never mentioned arlen as someone who cared about tower residents. So... what if her own attitude towards tower residents was closer to the family heads than V's? This would make V stand out among the great warriors as the only one who truly valued tower residents. And this leads to some important questions regarding the dynamics of V's and arlen's relationship. Imagine the relationship between the two if V believed tower residents had intrinsic value while arlen's attitude was pretty in line with at least gustang's and traumerei's.

This also brings up some issues regarding both of their motivations to stand up to zahard. Data eduan believed V was more fit to be king due to actually caring about tower residents. It's hard to imagine the great warriors from later on caring about tower residents when deciding who gets to be king. Which would apply to arlen. I think the implication here to an extent might be that arlen fought zahard due to her objections to ending the climb while V might have fought for tower residents.

And finally.... we get to V killing himself and asking arlen to return to her friends... If arlen didn't view tower residents as more than trifles then then this explains why V would want this. The trifles wouldn't really have anything to offer to arlen. NPCs aren't actual companionship or anything of the sort. So you had arlen who lost a kid (though in this scenario it's weird that she wouldn't have viewed it as a tower born trifle)... And v whose war had caused arlen immeasurable pain. Along with potentially alienating her from the only people in the tower who could offer her actual friendship. It's not that hard to imagine V feeling immeasurably guilty over how his war affected arlen. It's not that hard to imagine arlen being nothing but resentful of V... Who then kill's himself. Maybe hoping it would offer arlen some measure of freedom but instead only making things worst for her?
Imo, Arlene is just seeking revenge after Jahad tried to take the last bit of V from her life by killing his son. Bam wasn't a triffle simply because he was the only thing that remained from the only person she loved. And Jahad tried to kill him in order to occuppy V's place in Arlene's heart. She was living with Bam on 143F, it was Jahad who couldn't overcome his desire for her and crossed the line. Other triffles can be replaced, they have tower residents and FHs to serve as basis for new ones. V made Bam special because he deleted the source material. Arlene is in it for revenge. Jahad not only drove V to kill himself, but also killed the only memento she had of him.

AdityaG

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Imo, Arlene is just seeking revenge after Jahad tried to take the last bit of V from her life by killing his son.
No, actually Zahard already murdered her child before V killed himself. I looked at the fandom wiki to check 😅.

Now this actually caused more questions surface again in my mind...

How was Zahard even able to kill the child with two irregulars against him ?
What if V and Arlene were actually that powerful, instead of confronting them both, Zahard thought it was better to fight only one ?
Even without the immortality spell, and all the civil war between FHs, how did V 'survived', was he that powerful ?
Or the other FHs didn't want to 'kill' him ?

Now I think, why Gustang said good of Arlene and V as "worst person". Also, like Eduan said, V likely cared for the tower residents.

Making a wild guess from these two things, but what if Gustang disliked V because he 'deceived' the good Arlene, like maybe leaving her side to protect the tower residents in another region for a long time, and within this time Zahard killed their son, for which Gustang blames V. (Does Gustang and the other FHs really know who killed her child, why is Zahard not the worst person for him, rather V ?)

> PS: This does sound like 'man protecting the woman', but pardon me it's likely not that :)

Last edited:

Jack Van Burace

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
No, actually Zahard already murdered her child before V killed himself. I looked at the fandom wiki to check 😅.

Now this actually caused more questions surface again in my mind...

How was Zahard even able to kill the child with two irregulars against him ?
What if V and Arlene were actually that powerful, instead of confronting them both, Zahard thought it was better to fight only one ?
Even without the immortality spell, and all the civil war between FHs, how did V 'survived', was he that powerful ?
Or the other FHs didn't want to 'kill' him ?

Now I think, why Gustang said good of Arlene and V as "worst person". Also, like Eduan said, V likely cared for the tower residents.

Making a wild guess from these two things, but what if Gustang disliked V because he 'deceived' the good Arlene, like maybe leaving her side to protect the tower residents in another region for a long time, and within this time Zahard killed their son, for which Gustang blames V. (Does Gustang and the other FHs really know who killed her child, why is Zahard not the worst person for him, rather V ?)

> PS: This does sound like 'man protecting the woman', but pardon me it's likely not that :)
Wait up, this does raise a lot of questions. All those wars with V and Arlene against Jahad were after Bam was killed? She got mad and tried carrying her son's body along, all that time? Up to a point where V killed himself, Arlene tried to but failed, and then she ressurrected Bam? Wow, that does seem odd.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

What if... V died to ressurrect Bam? What if Bam is actually Viole ressurrected? When did Enryuu come in? V was still alive?

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
the platform game, mccage told bam a group of cage monsters were slaves and that if they held him back a turn, they could get their freedom. Bam killed all those slaves just for a chance to save 1 person.

trying? He killed the slaves who just wanted freedom, he could have saved jinsung later another way. He pooh pooh'd himself. Not an argument!! we saw the s3 bam talk with the s1 bam and he was very disappointed with Bam getting everyone killed!
Okay,

1) You do realize that we now know that none of those prisoners were ever going to be released. The whole Cat Tower was always going to be blown up
2) Bam had no knowledge of Jinsung's condition, so being that he came over there to rescue (maybe even save the life of ) his master, he did the right thing as expected of being Jinsung's student, duty wise.
3) Ultimately, Bam's success is their and their children's good fortune. If Bam succeeds in overthrowing Jahad, future creatures and residents may be spared the misfortune of being captured and used as pawns fated to die.

It was a morally tough choice, but as per Asian culture, your master is like your parent, . I'm glad that these are just literary moral dillemas. However I feel like If given no other choices, I would perhaps do whatever it took to save my dad. Hopefully we won't ever have to face that kind of a trial.

Last edited:

DeadCosmos

Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay,

1) You do realize that we now know that none of those prisoners were ever going to be released. The whole Cat Tower was always going to be blown up
2) Bam had no knowledge of Jinsung's condition, so being that he came over there to rescue (maybe even save the life of ) his master, he did the right thing as expected of being Jinsung's student, duty wise.
3) Ultimately, Bam's success is their and their children's good fortune. If Bam succeeds in overthrowing Jahad, future creatures and residents may be spared the misfortune of being captured and used as pawns fated to die.

It was a morally tough choice, but as per Asian culture, your master is like your parent, . I'm glad that these are just literary moral dillemas. However I feel like If given no other choices, I would perhaps do whatever it took to save my dad. Hopefully we won't ever have to face that kind of a trial.
All im saying is bam is a slave killer, nothing is going to change that, i am saying that as someone who kinda likes bam. There was no justified reason to kill the slaves that just wanted freedom. All he had to do was let them hold him back for a turn. Using your future knowledge argument or whatever from 1), we could apply that same logic to 2), we know that jinsung ended up being in perfect condition and therefore bam did not need to rush over to him.

paulbee

Reaction score
Country
United States
All im saying is bam is a slave killer, nothing is going to change that, i am saying that as someone who kinda likes bam. There was no justified reason to kill the slaves that just wanted freedom. All he had to do was let them hold him back for a turn. Using your future knowledge argument or whatever from 1), we could apply that same logic to 2), we know that jinsung ended up being in perfect condition and therefore bam did not need to rush over to him.
Yes, he is a slave killer and I am not very comfortable with SIU's depiction of Bam this way. However I am comfortable with saying that the True Killers are Jahad's Army and Yasratcha, who forced this dilemma on Bam, and who were always going to kill them whatever Bam might have done.