Done Translation check for these lines.

psyblade

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
I have some troubles with these line. I'm not sure if I translated it correctly or not.


I translated it as:

Right bubble:
We aren’t real brother and sister. So in front of people, even we act normally, actually we're being attracted by each other. Because today is our precious date, so I want you to ignore all of other people’s thinking, and happily spend a day together…
Left bubble:
I have that plan… what do you think?
Am I correct? I'm not sure because, this line is pretty fuzzy. But I think this line is important so I want to understand exactly the true meaning of it.
-----

And this line



Is it OK to translate it as:
I can call you "Onii-chan? But how deep is "can"?


-----

Also, this line:



The girl below: "不...."
Can someone translate that line for me? I have to say I can't understand anything from this line.
 

Shiratori99

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The first one is: "We are brother and sister unrelated by blood, who act normal in front of our peers, but actually are attracted to another, and today is our long awaited date at a far away place where we can spend our time all alone together without worrying about being recognized by other people..." "How about that kind of setting!?"

設定 is like the setting for a novel, or a roleplay.

Second: "Just how far can I go with calling you Onii-chan!?" "How far?"

Third: "She's calm, because he isn't related to her after all."
 

psyblade

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 22, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Vietnam
設定 is like the setting for a novel, or a roleplay.
I got it now.
This explaination is truly the key to understand this line. When I translated this line, I thought 設定 is "a plan", so I got it wrongly.

Thank you very much for helping me.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
The second bubble in the third pic is reinforcing the idea of the first bubble:

Girl #1: I wonder if things would be fine going out with Onii-chan
Girl #2: After all he's a man unknown to peace (lit: he does not relate to peace/has nothing to do with peace; not as accurate but in English it's commonly phrased as "attracting trouble")

...or something along these lines.


Edit: Btw the phrase is "平穏とは無縁の男ですからね" in case you want to look up the words yourself. (The kanji is 平 not 不)
 
Last edited:

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
平穏とは無縁の男ですからね: He is nothing but trouble.
 
Top