Translators - Translators needed for JUNGLE EMPEROR LEO/KIMBA THE WHITE LION manga and anime | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Translators Translators needed for JUNGLE EMPEROR LEO/KIMBA THE WHITE LION manga and anime

Zeki

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there! A friend and I are long-time fans of Osamu Tezuka's Jungle Emperor Leo, known outside of Japan as Kimba the White Lion. The manga has never been available in English in its entirety, and even the anime series were heavily edited (largely for violence and some honestly kind of dark and depressing stories), and never released with subs.

We're trying to put together a team to translate the manga (3 volumes); the original, un-cut 1965 cartoon (52 eps); the sequel series, Susume Leo! (26 eps); and the 1987 re-make (52 eps). We have good quality DVD rips of the anime, and I will be scanning my copies of the manga.

Obviously this is a pretty big project, so we understand if anyone wants to help with, say, only the manga, or only the classic anime.

If you have a passion for classic series, we'd love to have you on board! If you need more details on the project, please contact me. c: