Shounen - Tsukihime by Type-Moon & Sasaki Shonen | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tsukihime by Type-Moon & Sasaki Shonen

Muckachi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
WARNING! READ THIS FIRST:
THIS TOPIC IS AN ASKING FOR SUPPORT CONSIDIRNG THE MANGA/ANIME/VIDEO GAME SERIES OF "TSUKIHIME", THIS IS NOT MEANT AS A DISCUSSION TOPIC BUT FEEL FREE TO USE IT AS SUCH AFTER I HAVE MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED.

(If I'm breaking any rules unknowingly, please tell me ^^; )

About a year ago, I tried out a game called "Melty Blood". It's a really fun fighting with really intressting characters, in fact the characters were so intressting I felt like doing some more research on them some weeks ago on Wikipedia. There I found out that the game was spin-off of another game called "Tsukihime" (a graphic novel), and that it had been remade as an anime "Shingetsutan Tsukihime". I also found out that there was a manga of "Melty Blood", So I decided to first Watch the anime and then read the manga (from my understanding is suppose to be a continuation of "Tsukihime", am I right?). I found the anime very enjoyable and was even more excited to keep following the series. But when I started reading the Melty Blood manga I got confused, like Satsuki being a vampire, and Arcueid being alive. Therefore I checked at Wikipedia again, where I missed the fact that there was a manga of "Tsukihime" as well. So I guess the answers to my questions lies there, but I don't feel like going through the story twice. I've been looking for a comparission storywise between the anime and the manga but can't find any.

PLEASE!!! If you know about this series,
What should I do in your oppinion? Any suggestions? What is the real comparission between the manga and anime?

StatusQuo

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Re: "Tsukihime", between manga and anime

Tsukihime originally was a adult game series. But because of the storyline, it became a popular franchise.

Because the game was the first and most complete release, I'm going to use it as my reference for the storyline.

First of all, as an introduction to the game, it was made so players can choose different path to advance in the story line. Basically, it was a complicated(due to the storyline) text based game which users can choose their action. And as such, there are multiple endings, each focus on different character in game.

Because there is no fixed ending, the anime, chose a particular ending. Note, because the anime is rather short, there are only so many part of the story you can fit in. Basically, the anime is a cruel cut down of a much bigger storyline. Hence, you get some "memory holes" when reading melty blood.

The manga, on the other hand, tries to bridge the gap of the anime and the game. Therfore, the storyline is more close to the game, than the anime. Still, because the manga cannot incorporate multiple endings, it will not be as complete as the game itself. But so far, it is doing pretty good job.

Now for melty blood game. That is really a fighting game with very limited amount of storyline. The manga is what that is developing the storyline.

Lastly, between tsukihime and melty blood, a game called kagetsu touya sits in between the 2 stories.

Muckachi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: "Tsukihime", between manga and anime

Tsukihime originally was a adult game series. But because of the storyline, it became a popular franchise.

Because the game was the first and most complete release, I'm going to use it as my reference for the storyline.

First of all, as an introduction to the game, it was made so players can choose different path to advance in the story line. Basically, it was a complicated(due to the storyline) text based game which users can choose their action. And as such, there are multiple endings, each focus on different character in game.

Because there is no fixed ending, the anime, chose a particular ending. Note, because the anime is rather short, there are only so many part of the story you can fit in. Basically, the anime is a cruel cut down of a much bigger storyline. Hence, you get some "memory holes" when reading melty blood.

The manga, on the other hand, tries to bridge the gap of the anime and the game. Therfore, the storyline is more close to the game, than the anime. Still, because the manga cannot incorporate multiple endings, it will not be as complete as the game itself. But so far, it is doing pretty good job.

Now for melty blood game. That is really a fighting game with very limited amount of storyline. The manga is what that is developing the storyline.

Lastly, between tsukihime and melty blood, a game called kagetsu touya sits in between the 2 stories.
thx, "I can see clearly now"

I guess I'll just have to read the whole manga (I can't find any way of gettin the game)

Evil4Eyes

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Shingetsutan Tsukihime by Sasaki Shonen

hey all. i was just curious to know, is any group working on this manga series? its already done up to chapter 57 by stifler but after that no updates whatsoever. can anyone point me in the right direction? its one of my favorite series.

Kazu-kun

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tsukihime

Tsukihime was licensed by Del-Ray or Tokyopop (I can't remember) and have asked to cease and desist of all Edited Mangas of the manga

ginrai

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Re: Tsukihime

it's licenced by DRmaster and tsukihime is still being scanlated,there were 2 chapters released in march.

also del ray doesn't do C&D exept when there own translated product is being scanned in(which gives them the ful right to do so)l.