ttx' ch292 ramblings | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

ttx' ch292 ramblings

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
So, I felt like ranting about this chapter in form of a small review,
nothing special, just me feeling like it this time.
I can't say if it's gonna be regular, but I guess I'll always pop my head into here when it comes to developments that I'd love to comment on~

Let's get this started with credits:
Asakura for scanning the chapter,
Spacecat, Danna and Alkador for the translations
and Kubo Tite for making such a great chapter possible.

Then, some general information, I will go pretty much page by page, panel by panel for those things that i'd love to comment on.

[sizept=14]Bleach 292. Rupture my Replica[/sizept]
Death by Cero -- Noitora and Tesla, the first.
Page 01 is a simple recap of the badassed-ness that is Neriel Tu Odershvank, former third Espada. Who wouldn't be surprised like that after seeing such a display of power when you yourself just got trashed like hell, even though you were exhausted? Next page shows us how Tesla runs over to Noitora abondoning his assigned task. Now this makes me wonder what their connection is. Usually one wouldn't be that extremely devoted to someone who trashes one all the time. I hope for a bit of backstory there, especially because it would likely reveal more about arrancar and the timeline. Could be nicely incorporated into the explantion of the bigger mystery that is still to follow in this chapter.

Death by Boobs -- Noitora and Nels relationship
Suddenly being freed of her predicament Orihime does what every loving caring healer should do: Run over to her hurt love-interest and wanting to begin the treatment. Seeing as Ichigo is still in awe about Nel's little power-demonstration she hesitates a bit, unsure of what to do. I can't really think of other reasons than her shyness here, maybe her even thinking about her own uselessness in this case. That is... Until we see Nel jumping Ichigo.
Personally I like that she still has her playful personality, it at least shows that she wasn't a 'bad espada' the time she was one. This also adds a reason to the tab named "Noitora bashing Nel's head": He said she was annoying and seemingly it was really her noisy, playful attitude that got onto his nerves. Especially since she seems to have been stronger than him while having those trades. While it isn't all that great of a reason, it's all that I think is necessary for Noitoras personality. He seems like someone who doesn't do anything without reason, but at the same time doesn't care much about how logical that reason is. He just needs means to tell himself that we he did was rightfully done so.

Crash Landing -- Noitora and Tesla, the second.
This just adds to the previous confusion about why Tesla follows Noitora and to Noitoras bad character. We see how Tesla has a pretty hard landing in that wall. For one it seems that Noitora doesn't even care about his fraccion, even if they are this dedicated, and then it seems like he just doesn't care at all about whether they might be useful later on or not. I say the useful part because he obviously disregarded Tesla as unable to fight since although Orihime is there to heal Ichigo and possibly Grimmjow now he just went about trashing his only possible ally. Bad character or overconfidence aside, he should definitely know that the situation isn't in his favour anymore: this action mainly made him seem dumb to me.

On the next page we see him lecturing Tesla for going against orders. Another thing to add to the list of odd behavior on his part. On the one hand he doesn't follow Aizens orders and goes intruder-hunting and on the other hand he wants everyone below him to following on his word. It might be his 'I am the best'-complex that he has, but in the end there is one word for it: Hypocrisy .

Good ol' days -- Nel's vanishing and the messed up timeline
Now this is the one point that made the chapter the most interesting:
Noitora saying that Nel's been gone from Las Noches for years.
Now we know for sure that Aizen has had the Hougyouku for not more then at best 40days. I guess we can all agree that 40 days is a great deal less than a year or even some years. Since Nel doesn't talk back to Noitora about the time, I assume that his 'years' statement was indeed the truth. Then, taking into account the words of Dorudoni from chapter 254: "I knew it all along. Once they obtained the Hougyouku all previous members of the Espada would become obsolete." And Noitora refering to her as an Ex-Espada and not Privaron, as the Dorudoni-generation is called now, this would mean quite some confusion.

Going from the information we got, I got the following thoughts on the matter:
When Aizen first came to Las Noches and (however he did that) made some deal with the hollows, he took the 'natural' arrancar (privaron) as his first batch of Espada.

Then, after a while with some experiments being good some bad, getting results, he formed a stronger makeshift 'to-be-espada' for when he obtains the hougyouku. Those experiments should've already been stronger than the privaron, but since they were yet to be perfected by the hougyouku he still had them just 'as reserve'. They are arrancar, but somewhat experimented on so that the hougyouku would still be needed to make a stronger version out of them, so he has an 'instant all mighty espada' for the time he has to leave Soul Society after obtaining the hougyouku even if it's still unstable.

Then at some point, the Nel-incident occured and she went missing. Noitora didn't care enough to talk about it likely so nobody knew of the scar or the child form, hence nobody recognized her.
Now, skipping some years up to the end of the SS arc, Aizen makes his plans come true and creates the 'instant all might espada' - the current setup. They aren't meant to be the perfect ones, for perfect hougyouku-only-ones he will have the wonderweiss-generation.
The further perfection by the hougyouku is what Noitora means with "Do you think your Number is worth anything anymore?", imho. so the idea of this timeline is somehow created around that. Yes, I gave the Hougyouku the ability of 'perfecting imperfect hybrids' to have this make sense.

[sizept=1].[/sizept]Now a short comment for the Renji/Uryuu/Dondo/Peshe vs. Clones and Szayel fight:
Not many thoughts on that one, besides me hoping that the next chapter will give some un-comedic spotlight to the fight since it has a nice working team-work setting :)

Hope you had fun reading my try at a review~

Last edited:

Josiah1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please register to see the content of this post.

Silhouette

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

ShinobiWrath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

neer

Reaction score
Country
India

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Last edited:

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

fight2thedef

Reaction score
Country
United States