Turn me on to phantoms | Page 97 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Turn me on to phantoms

Stoicism

• Total voters

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I talk on Discord all of the time, but you don't use it so...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
:feelsbadman takes too long to load, but i guess i can try

I will be just silent mushishi
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

here is one of WJSN MVs

WJSN's concept is zodiac, mahou shojo-esque, something like that. they initially had 12 members, each represents 12 zodiac. but maybe since it's not permanent and Produce101 was popular and they put Yeonjeong into the group. She was pretty popular in PD101, has great vocal, was called Hyolyn 2.0.

Notice that the MV has typical magical girl anime's opening vibes, with: "mother" (there are two silhouettes in the MV and one is the "mother") send Yeonjeong to the earth, other members sense her arrival with all those clairvoyance, and the villain (one of the silhouettes). also theres a lot of ophiuchus sign showed in it

however they havent touched this concept again yet after a while. and idk about Loona's concept, are these 2 groups similar? since you said people compare them.

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
You really need to add a third option to your poll @xi0.

"........"

Last edited:

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
however they havent touched this concept again yet after a while. and idk about Loona's concept, are these 2 groups similar? since you said people compare them.
Yeah it's similar, that's why I mentioned people compare them. WJSN seems more structured around the zodiac and is less abstract, and for Loona it's not something they "abandoned" (yet anyways), as pretty much all MV they've done involve this concept. They were able to build it from the beginning since they debuted in reverse - Solos>Sub-units>Full group, and even the features were chosen deliberately. Basically, each sub-unit is from a different world/realm and everything leading up to their debut was about them finding each other. 1/3 are normal girls from Earth, OddEyeCircle are girls with superpowers from an alternate timeline, and yyxy are genetically "new" humans from an alternate dimension called "Eden" that they're hellbent on escaping. One of the girls from OEC can travel through dimensions, so that's how they were able to all meet. The specifics of the lore is pretty much a vague clusterfuck of Color Theory, physics, and biblical imagery that is too much to get into.

WJSN only did this stuff for this one song? or?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You really need to add a third option to you poll @xi0.

"........"
Ah, I see what you did there

I didn't make it, but I left it as a monument to that anonymous person's failure at being humorous. :hee

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah it's similar, that's why I mentioned people compare them. WJSN seems more structured around the zodiac and is less abstract, and for Loona it's not something they "abandoned" (yet anyways), as pretty much all MV they've done involve this concept. They were able to build it from the beginning since they debuted in reverse - Solos>Sub-units>Full group, and even the features were chosen deliberately. Basically, each sub-unit is from a different world/realm and everything leading up to their debut was about them finding each other. 1/3 are normal girls from Earth, OddEyeCircle are girls with superpowers from an alternate timeline, and yyxy are genetically "new" humans from an alternate dimension called "Eden" that they're hellbent on escaping. One of the girls from OEC can travel through dimensions, so that's how they were able to all meet. The specifics of the lore is pretty much a vague clusterfuck of Color Theory, physics, and biblical imagery that is too much to get into.

WJSN only did this stuff for this one song? or?
hmmm I see.... for me it's pretty different and distinctive 🤔 dunno why people compare them. their concept sounds more like EXO's than WJSN's tbh, with all those superpower things.

zodiac themed only one this MV, another mahou shojo themed is Save Me Save You. the rests are just girly stuff

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
hmmm I see.... for me it's pretty different and distinctive 🤔 dunno why people compare them. their concept sounds more like EXO's than WJSN's tbh, with all those superpower things.

zodiac themed only one this MV, another mahou shojo themed is Save Me Save You. the rests are just girly stuff
I just meant that the group itself had a concept and fictional backstory. I was never familiar enough with Cosmic Girls myself to really know, but I think they at least have some things in common. That and they debuted around the same time I guess. But like I said, it doesn't seem to be as deep, as Loona has way more symbolism and stuff left up to interpretation.

Yes, people also compared OEC to EXO because of the eyepatches. I would clarify that the girls in OEC are not superheroes or anything, they just have special powers via their koreaboo doujustu - Time Travel, Teleportation, Dimensional Travel. But that's just one subunit. There's some supernatural elements in the story of the other units, like one of the girls in 1/3 being an android that becomes a real girl, or the girls in yyxy escaping "Eden" for Earth by eating forbidden fruit (or the theory that each girl in the subunit is merely an aspect of the final member's personality).

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
ah I forgot there's another too: Dreams Come True. The setting is modern world but the zodiac magic circle is still there

currently the 3 chinese members (Cheng Xiao, MeiQi, XuanYi) are inactive because I think China-Korea issue, and the first one is busy with drama&commercial stuff, the second &third one are promoting in a group (like PD101 but chinese version). I think they will be back this year. dunno..

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Gotta up the ante with some Canute stuff next. Find some for me.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have to up the ante for you?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I thought Mr Gary was bottom

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
He's a default bottom, top when he needs to be, imo.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
power bottom

*pika

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I call BS considering what I know you're up to at work, but some of the official anime art came to mind

I didn't want potential spoilers, you always run the risk once you browse.

That art isn't bad, but I'd probably take the helmet version above this.