News - U.S. Shonen Sunday | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

News U.S. Shonen Sunday

magicbulletgirl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The site is now up and running with the first chapter of the 4 mangas already decided along with links to the rumic world site for Rin-ne. Wallpapers are also available :D

http://www.shonensunday.com/

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
So many good things to say about VIZSunday: great pics for the first new wave of licenses, the online reader, the blog, not bogging the site down with series that have long been available in the states.

If you wanna have even more fun click on the banner for IKKI online. Some amazing series were posted today.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wow I've been wanting to read more Natsume Ono.

Bookmarking the hell out of both.

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
this still hasnt come out but im stoked :D

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not a magazine and Rinne has already been published under this imprint earlier in October. Kaiten says it better than I do.
I don't think it will be a magazine. At least nothing has been said of that yet. It will be like VIZ Signature; a line of manga. I'm happy as it's now clear that they plan on licensing and promoting more Shonen Sunday titles. An online magazine, like IKKI would be cool. With Shojo Beat canceled I don't know if VIZ plans another print magazine.

But Shojoberry is a new magazine that probably will be out next year with VIZ.

Last edited:

Mushashi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i doubt it will be a magazine, the US manga market wont cope with 3 running succsesfully it will probably just be like sj advanced except sj sunday (:D)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Shonen Sunday is an online magazine. They've added a few older series recently: Hayate, Yakitate Japan, Inuyasha, Ranma, Mermaid Saga, and Case Closed.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
It seems the founder is considering sub - licensing as one way to get content. He's also talking about showcasing doujin. Shojoberry is in such an early stage of development he hasn't quite worked out how he'll get series. I'm rooting for him, America needs another shojo magazine. Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if VIZ launches a new one, even if only online, sometime next year.

The first of the new, non- Rumiko Takahashi Shonen Sunday licenses will come out next spring. I'm looking forward to it. Arata volume 1 is coming in March, Juvenile Remix in May.

Last edited: