Discussion UEFA Euro 2008

Final Match: Germany vs. Spain

  • Germany

    Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Spain

    Votes: 8 44.4%

  • Total voters
    18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2008
Messages
2,172
Reaction score
196
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Lebanon
^ are u rooting for Holland just cause ur team is out

Thank god Italy advanced. Thats all I wanted, either Italy or France to advance to the next round. Tomorrow Russia and Sweden play a do or die match. I dont care who wins that. The next big match is Thursday, Germany vs Portugal, I cant wait for that
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
can someone tell how in the hell romania lost. They were playing for a chance to continue chasing their dream against the dutch 2nd team and they still lost. That is pathetic if you ask me.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Yea, that is pretty terrible, and Mutu is seriously overpaid and not as good of a player as he supposedly is.

But the truth of the matter is Holland has executed every single team thus far, and it doesn't look like they're getting tired/have injuries so... I expect them in the finals. Not necessarily champions, but in the finals for sure.
 

crazy_horse1989

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
808
Reaction score
128
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Yea, that is pretty terrible, and Mutu is seriously overpaid and not as good of a player as he supposedly is.

But the truth of the matter is Holland has executed every single team thus far, and it doesn't look like they're getting tired/have injuries so... I expect them in the finals. Not necessarily champions, but in the finals for sure.
what in the blazes oh sweet hell are you talking about?????

have you even bothered seeing Romania vs. Italy??? Mutu ran like a mad dog, he was in both the defense and attack, because some fu*kers kept losing the ball when they shouldn`t have and he was fu*king exhausted!! it`s because of him that Romania got this far! :darn

and i don`t know why the hell all of you keep saying it`s pathetic how they lost... don`t you think that a tie with France and Italy, the world champions and the second place is pretty much honorable? sure, we could`ve won if we played seriously, but how other teams would`ve fared against these three teams??????????? :mad:
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
France vs. Italy was like a game of sleepwalkers, seriously. I couldn't see much difference between slow-motion and the real thing >.>

Well, then... I'm really happy for the Netherlands. The deserved it. But I'm deeeeeply disappointed by France, one of my fav teams. I expected them to kick Italy's ass to the moon :yelling

Today I will cheer for Sweden and tomorrow proudly stay through our defeat :clap
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
what in the blazes oh sweet hell are you talking about?????

have you even bothered seeing Romania vs. Italy??? Mutu ran like a mad dog, he was in both the defense and attack, because some fu*kers kept losing the ball when they shouldn`t have and he was fu*king exhausted!! it`s because of him that Romania got this far! :darn
No you're right, I worded that badly.

I didn't mean Romania was pathetic, I meant they dropped the ball and lost a perfect opportunity. In fact if I still bet (which I have stopped due to massive money loss), I would have bet Romania advance instead of Italy or France.

As for Mutu, I'm sorry but the penalty and his performance last game.. look I realize he's like the star Romanian kid, but I don't see it, he's not good enough to carry the team. The team itself is good, but they shouldn't depend on him for penalties/scoring etc I'm sure there are other players that can do it better. Considering he's played in such huge clubs, it is unacceptable that he would fall apart under the pressure.

Again this is personal opinion, I don't like my own team this tournament either, and would not defend them if someone talked about how Karagounis wins penalties or how Dellas can't move, but those things are true, what am I supposed to say? "No they're my team stop talking trash about them?" Criticism is criticism. Sorry though, I didn't mean any offense to the team itself, I actually liked the team until the Holland game.
 
Last edited:

ZeroChrome

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
576
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Hmm... I just looked at the match fixtures. Assuming Holland and Spain will advance, they will face each other at semi-final! Damn, that's way too early. Both team are the strongest and I'd really like to see them play in final. Unfortunately, one of them has to give way to the other. tsk2 :darn
 

mathi36

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2007
Messages
484
Reaction score
103
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Switzerland
^ are u rooting for Holland just cause ur team is out

Thank god Italy advanced. Thats all I wanted, either Italy or France to advance to the next round. Tomorrow Russia and Sweden play a do or die match. I dont care who wins that. The next big match is Thursday, Germany vs Portugal, I cant wait for that
No! I'm a Holland fan since 1998, and that's also the reason why I'm not this depressed about Switzerland fooling out:D


France vs. Italy was like a game of sleepwalkers, seriously. I couldn't
Today I will cheer for Sweden and tomorrow proudly stay through our defeat :clap
Our reporters said that the German's will get better during the tournament, so let's be optimistic and hope for a "resurrected" German team!
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Our reporters said that the German's will get better during the tournament, so let's be optimistic and hope for a "resurrected" German team!
Dunno, really. With the way they played the last game they won't stand a chance against Portugal. Besides that, two top players are out due to injuries (Frings, Podolski) and Löw (main trainer) is banned from the game, he can't hold any contact to the players not even during the halftime break.

But whatever. I'm an optimist but I prefer being a little negative when it's a situation like this, so the win will taste even better <3
 

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
Hmmm, Italy barely getting through gives me the same impression than in the World Cup (remember that non-existant penalty in the 90th minute against Australia in the 2nd round?). Maybe they'll make it to the finals, even be champions again with that "winning shiting oil" style of theirs.
Spain-Holland will be a nice match to watch, that's assuming that Spain don't return to their usual loser selves :D:tem:oh:notrust
 

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Russia-Holland would be better ---> Hiddink (Coach of Russia) is from Holland, so that means he has to play against his own nation... :D And if he wins against us we will call him a traitor for the rest of his life... :D j/k.

BTW> it will be either Sweden-Holland or Russia-Holland Spain already qualified and faces Italy in the quarter finals.


Besides that, two top players are out due to injuries (Frings, Podolski) and Löw (main trainer) is banned from the game, he can't hold any contact to the players not even during the halftime break.
If Podolski is injured and can't play it is all over for Germany :( Still, I hope they advance because I want my country to beat yours in the final :p
 
Last edited:

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
BTW> it will be either Sweden-Holland or Russia-Holland Spain already qualified and faces Italy in the quarter finals.
<hr noshade size="1">
That's even better. This is how the match will go most likely: Italy defends during the entire match all of Spain attacks, then in the 89th minute, they launch a counterattack and score. 1-0 and Spain out one more time.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
what in the blazes oh sweet hell are you talking about?????

have you even bothered seeing Romania vs. Italy??? Mutu ran like a mad dog, he was in both the defense and attack, because some fu*kers kept losing the ball when they shouldn`t have and he was fu*king exhausted!! it`s because of him that Romania got this far! :darn
i like how you come to his defense but the guy really ain't worth defending. He the reason Romania didn't advance, all he had to do was make a frecking penalty against the Italy and Romania would had advance but he missed. Not only did he missed, the dude start acting frecking childish(crying) on the field that the coach had to take him out. Also his performance against the dutch 2nd team isn't worth defending either. That is my opinion though.
 
Last edited:

sk.nite

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
227
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
Argentina
2-0 for Russia. Sweden is screwed.
 

walkie

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2005
Messages
844
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
so the last champions didnt even get a point...at least they scored one goal :)
 

Starzen

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 22, 2008
Messages
750
Reaction score
39
Gender
Hidden
Country
South Africa
it was a good goal and they need a new team. excellent game from russia.
 

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
sweden lost to russia, i wasn't expecting that. So it going to be Russia vs. Netherland in the next round.
 

ShgnLW

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
290
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Oh yes, that match is gonna be awesome... Van Basten vs Hiddink :p


That's even better. This is how the match will go most likely: Italy defends during the entire match all of Spain attacks, then in the 89th minute, they launch a counterattack and score. 1-0 and Spain out one more time.
Hahahah, typically the kind of game those Italians play :p
 
Last edited:

KnuckleheadedNinja

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
2,079
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
so the qauters begining today. Portugal vs. Germany, i going with Portugal. Also looks like Germany are going to be playing without Frings which means Ballack wouldn't be able to go foward as he usual does and they be playing with an injure Podolski while Portugal are well rested.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Underestimate the germans at your own peril. ;) They have a tendency to get out of tight spots, and besides, the last time they got this far in the euro's they won it. :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top