Uganda ! Where is that

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

I was planning on picking up Nausicaa soon, I'll begin getting Shingeki no Kyojin; I've just caught up with the manga and it's so fresh and the story is really solid. You read a hell of a lot of obscure stuff though, so that's why they aren't easy to find. 20th Century is the only other manga I've heard of there.
Yeah Shingeki is great I can't believe it's been licenced in English before French ! Nausicaa is a classic and if you like Miyazaki stuff you should probably like it. Dorohedoro is just AWESOME. A mix of dark atmosphere with humor and lot's of originality. It's from the magazine Ikki, an uderground magazine but with lot's of interesting authors. Kimi no Shizuku is a manga about wine, that's why it has a lot of success in France :-) Soil is a mystery manga with a very original drawing which reminds me western comic, the story is weird though.

Do you have anything else to recommend to me? I have to say I really like Nanatsu that you rec'ed me, so hoping for more. Maybe I'll try Dorohedoro; I checked out the plot summary and it's intrigued me.
Yeah Nanatsu is really cool so far. Have you read the new chapter that was out today ?
In the new series, I must say I really like Souma from Jump but I would wait to see how it does in the poll. The guy from Beck has also started a new serie called Rin but it's just one chapter so far. And go Dorohedoro go ! (especially now that a team has started to release the magazine chapter the wait won't be unbereable)
KIRIKOU!!! :swoon

Puree mec, t'a du style! :hip J'ai jamais penser a utiliser ca comme avy.
Glad you like it :hip
So it was just donations...

If that was the case - I can see how he would run out of funds fast.
That's my theory but nobody really knows. It was a nice reader with a dumb communitie so I was a bit disappointed when it ended
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: RIP Somemanga

Yeah Shingeki is great I can't believe it's been licenced in English before French ! Nausicaa is a classic and if you like Miyazaki stuff you should probably like it. Dorohedoro is just AWESOME. A mix of dark atmosphere with humor and lot's of originality. It's from the magazine Ikki, an uderground magazine but with lot's of interesting authors. Kimi no Shizuku is a manga about wine, that's why it has a lot of success in France :-) Soil is a mystery manga with a very original drawing which reminds me western comic, the story is weird though.


Yeah Nanatsu is really cool so far. Have you read the new chapter that was out today ?
In the new series, I must say I really like Souma from Jump but I would wait to see how it does in the poll. The guy from Beck has also started a new serie called Rin but it's just one chapter so far. And go Dorohedoro go ! (especially now that a team has started to release the magazine chapter the wait won't be unbereable)
I'm gonna go ahead and add those series to my MAL before I forget them; at least then I can check them later.

Yep, I read the new Nanatsu chapter :nod. I'll re-read it again and post my thoughts in the thread tomorrow; but it was cool and funny as always.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: RIP Somemanga

K-dom changed his avy...Wow... a lot must have happened while I was away :huh




btw..Happy new year, mate!
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

No I just change it every new year :-)
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: RIP Somemanga

Now I'm trying to remember what it was before :XD
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: RIP Somemanga

It was some kind of skinny dog thing.
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: RIP Somemanga

It was a Sphynx cat...or a Si Rex ...I assume :oh

What's interesting to find out is Dom's selection process when it comes to avys... First a cat, now an aboriginal little guy....I'm lost :oh
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

Are you ? It's quite simple, though :-)
There is a link between (almost) all my avis : French animation.
My little aboriginal is in fact the most famous of African baby : Kirikou. A new kirikou movie was in theater recently so he was my obvious choice for this year.
My sphynx cat was the cat drawn by a genius of French comic industry. And in 2011, it was put on screen.
 
Last edited:

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: RIP Somemanga

ahh..oppanfrenchiestyle :lmao

"Le chat du rabbin" seems quite interesting. I might indulge myself into it..As for Kirikou...is there a French version with English subtitles? I prefer the original version -_-;...the emotions, intonation and dynamics of a movie/anime can't be dubbed into another language, imo. It will sound weird. Maybe weird is not the correct word, but rather impersonal.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: RIP Somemanga

I'm sure one with subtitles exist somewhere. I just took the first english youtube video I could find :-)
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Since I heard about it on the radio, this song has been constantly on my head :-).

---------- Post added March 23, 2013 at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2013 at 04:10 PM ----------

So I could saw him but unfortunately not him drawing
 
Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ahh so you managed to go in the end. How was it? packed and busy I imagine....
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Yes there was a lot of people for the autographs but it was ok during the conferences (Even the one with Inoue). And the atmosphere was really friendly, it wasn't at all the unreachable star.
I was a bit afraid since, before him, Nakamura didn't want to be taken in picture. But the exchange with the public was ok (I even could ask her a question :-).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I would have expected as much. From what I've seen of him, he seems like the laid back and quite welcoming type. So you didn't manage to get an autograph or anything?

And is this Hikaru Nakamura of Saint Young Men? when did you meet her?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
There was 3 mangakas invited and a chinese guy. I saw her in the morning. She answered questions to the fan while drawing some of Saint Young man characters.
I got the autograph of the Chinese which was the only one with no queue or tickets and I regret not having talked with him a little more. I also had a drawing for a French comic. I'm not sure Japanese do a lot of drawings when they sign their books, I heard it is something typical of French artists to do it for free. I saw to late the stand of Casterman which was one of the only one where it was comfortable watching the artists draw. Maybe you know Ptiluc the guy who makes Rat's, he was making very cool ones (if you like his gory style :-).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It's always a shame with things like that when you don't get to get an autograph or drawing from an artist you probably won't see again. But you didn't exactly leave empty handed, so bonus :thumbs.
No, I didn't know about Rat's but looked at some images now. What french comics are you reading now?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Rat's can be funny. It's not foor everyone taste though.
Now, I'm planning to buy the last one of Marc Antoine Mathieu that went out recently. Once again he did something completely crazy. Someone has recommend me La Gloire d'Héra (it's about the story of Héracles).
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I really should read more french comics; still need to finish my collection of Tintin :darn. La Gloire d'Héra looks very good; let me know how you find it :)
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I really should read more french comics; still need to finish my collection of Tintin :darn. La Gloire d'Héra looks very good; let me know how you find it :)
TIN TIN! And you have a collection? :zomg
I never knew it was a French comic.

Hi K-dom o/

(Sorry for my spazzyness.. Staying up late does this to me. X: )
 
Top