Uganda ! Where is that

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
TIN TIN! And you have a collection? :zomg
I never knew it was a French comic.

Hi K-dom o/

(Sorry for my spazzyness.. Staying up late does this to me. X: )
Yep, I have the first 8. In an ideal world where money would be no issue, I'd have it all, plus Lucky Luke, Asterix and Obelix, Titeuf, and a few other series I read growing up.

Have you read any of them before or just know the movie/tv series?

Hi. Actually it's not French but Belgium :-)
:nomoar I forgot about Herge for a second.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Have you read them all ? I don't remember where I put this cool video showing a sphere transforming in all Tintin albums. Pribably in the French thread.
For Asterix buy only the ones writen by Gosciny. One may go until Asterix and Sheherazade after that it is a waste of money. And aren't you to old for Titeuf :-)
That makes me think they made a movie of Boule et Bill. I prefer not know what kind of calamity was made with it....
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yep, I have the first 8. In an ideal world where money would be no issue, I'd have it all, plus Lucky Luke, Asterix and Obelix, Titeuf, and a few other series I read growing up.

Have you read any of them before or just know the movie/tv series?
I read a few comic books of Tin Tin some years ago. I don't think I understood it but I enjoyed reading it at the time. When I saw the movie trailer I was like "OMG, they're making a movie out of Tin Tin?" xD; Have you seen the movie?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Just by curiosity why do you write Tintin with 2 words ? Is it like that in English ?

And it was already in this thread but I repost it nonetheless:

[video=vimeo;30402976]http://vimeo.com/30402976[/video]
 

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing the video! I think it was due to ignorance, I apologize.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
No need to apologize it's not really a serious issue :-)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Day

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Have you read them all ? I don't remember where I put this cool video showing a sphere transforming in all Tintin albums. Pribably in the French thread.
For Asterix buy only the ones writen by Gosciny. One may go until Asterix and Sheherazade after that it is a waste of money. And aren't you to old for Titeuf :-)
That makes me think they made a movie of Boule et Bill. I prefer not know what kind of calamity was made with it....
No I don't think, there's probably a handful I've not read. My family used to own a few of the older print books, but over the years we've lost and misplaced a lot of our stuff. Even Asterix books we used to have a few. Ahhh I remember the video; thanks for linking it again though :amuse


Thanks for the heads up. Nobody is too old for Titeuf, the tv series is actually quite nice to watch too; a cool slice of life-type. Reminds me of Crayon Shin-chan.
Boule et Bill, I'm familiar with but not greatly. By film, you mean live-action/adaption? :blink

I read a few comic books of Tin Tin some years ago. I don't think I understood it but I enjoyed reading it at the time. When I saw the movie trailer I was like "OMG, they're making a movie out of Tin Tin?" xD; Have you seen the movie?
From the ones you read, which did you enjoy most? Yep I saw the movie on the day it came out, 3rd screening; very proud.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think my favorite Tintin are the 3 double albums ones. I was a bit sad that, in the animation, there is nothing of the treasure hunt but I guess they couldn't put everything.
My favorite Asterix is probably Asterix légionnaire.

For Boule et Bill I guess you can call it a live action. I don't think it is an adaptation since the comic is a one page gag. The critics are terrible.
 
Last edited:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I think I'll get the next batch today, it's been too long. That's the problem with trying to fit 2 books in one and making it a smooth transition; you have to get rid of a few things.

I've actually read/and we used to have that particular book at home. It's also one of my favourites. Always loved the adventures with Romans and Caesar.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I especially like the egyptian guide who speaks in hieroglyphs :-) There is a similar joke with the language in la grande traversee. When they meet the viking they can't understand each other because they don't put the / and the o on the good letters whereas Idefix and the other dog immediately find the trick



Those are jokes I find very clever. ironically Mangakas can do similar things with the kanjis and furiganas which are unfortunately lost by us.
 
Last edited:

Day

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
232
Reaction score
108
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I want to see the movie!

I honestly don't remember which one(/s) I enjoyed the most :'C My memory isn't very sharp in that aspect. What are yours?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
This week I bought a very strange book. This is the cover:

it starts on page 7

I didn't torn the pages, it's like that from the start:


Marc Antoine Mathieu is one of my favourite French comics author. He puts the fourth wall behind the ultimate limits. In his previous album, his work was a mix between digital and paper medium. This time everything is about the book, even the table of content is part of the story. It's quite sad that this author is not known outside of France :-( In the same time I find myself lucky to be French.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds very interesting. What is the book called and what's the story about?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
This one is called "Le Décalage". It's the 6th one of Julius Corentin serie.
The story is hard to tell. You have a resume of the start here in French.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Ey k-dom! What do you know about the comic announced in this trailer:


I have read the trailer was made to advertise the comic, which it was going to start on April/13. (I found the vid in Murata's twitter).

Btw, I'm reading Fairy tail, and it's like it there were no plot: they pick a fight with someone else, go and fight and win and then pick a fight with some other guys. But we don't know why there are gilds, more than they seems to be mercenaries capable of doing any kind of jobs. I go in chapter 78, with the hope to find some plot in ahead.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's a french comic by Ulysse Mallassagne apparently. It's by the editor Ankama and will have 3 volumes. I never heard about him before your post honnestly and he seems quite new in the business. The critics are not too bad though

Fairy Tail will always be the same, that's why I told you to not search big things into it :-)

---------- Post added June 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was June 18, 2013 at 02:54 PM ----------

Well since ukimix revived this thread I will share with you some of the scary wildlife I saw during my travel in the states last may:


 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
A friendly squirrel!!!

Where can I read French comics translated to English? Is there some batoto for that?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm sorry I don't know about that. I doubt there is.
 

ukimix

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
3,313
Reaction score
2,810
Gender
Hidden
Country
Colombia
Ey yo, Just curious... what do you thing of Tower of god? I've seen you used to post there some months ago, but no more now.
 
Top