Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 53 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Am I missing something? If Fuuko stops the tragedies they won't become Negators, right? So how will she get these great teammates?
I don't get it either, I guess we'll just see.
the tragedy happens BECAUSE they become a negator
Some example of prevention

Unmove: stops the truck or help the parent out of the way. His negation manifests is what kill his parent
Unstoppable: move the friend out of the way OR let Andy takes the hit on impact for example. His negation manifests during the race is what what kill his friends
Untruth: saves his sister as she falls. His negation manifests during the race is what what kill his sister
Unrepair: if we were to believe Rip words to Shen Unseen he can turn it off at will.

Unsleep and Unforgetable: i think prevents UNsleep from dying will stop Unforgetable from manifest

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New chapter is out.

This chapter made me realize we had no idea how Gina had become a negator, i can't believe I wasn't curious till now :XD 40,000 people is some number.....
Always found Nico one of the more interesting Union members. The science talks in this chapter made me miss Dr Stone a bit, lovely writing. Curious what the device Fuuko has in mind is :hmm

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Things are clear now.

Unchange always so valuable. No wonder Gina had to die so early.
Yeah Unchange alone could prevent most of the tragedies from happening. Chikara's parents protected by a barrier. Top's friends...protected by a barrier. Rip's lover held in stasis to prevent bleeding until Rip was successfully out of range.

Actually Rip will be a hard one to convince, because you wouldn't expect someone to just keep bleeding out and not healing. However the proof is shown with him isn't obvious to me.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

God I love the worldbuilding here. Never enjoyed a time looping story so much as this.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New chapter is out:

Gina stuff was lovely, wish we got more time dedicated to it though. Feng showing up at the end there is strangely in character, LOL. I wonder how Fuuko will fight him.
We also never saw Feng's backstory from what I remember :hmm

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Imbuing objects with Unluck makes the ability even more broken.

The Gina stuff was indeed rather fast. There is still a lot of things to explain.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Imbuing objects with Unluck makes the ability even more broken.

The Gina stuff was indeed rather fast. There is still a lot of things to explain.
Honestly g-liner's ability to make fuuko whatever she needs (heat-proof raincoat?) whenever she needs it is possibly worse.

Feng showing up now is the "butterfly effect" rearing its head. We've already had a hint of it- Anno Un's "fated encounter" with the g-liner pen's date was off by several months compared to the last loop.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New chapter is out

Fuuko looks really pretty with her hair out like that. Glad she decided to grow it out in this loop and not have it cut like in the last one.

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So it's Unluck Unchange now :teehee .

Fuuko is stealing techniques and even catchphrases.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So she already carries empathy or affection for Sheng too, huh. Calling it now, this is going to be nakama power + power of empathy(love) saves the day. Fuuko somehow reaches the Gods, learns about them, understands and empathizes with them, and when her power threatens to kill them, she gets them to agree to end the bet, cancel ragnarok.

Well there goes the whole "butterfly effect rears its head over time" concept with the latest chapter having Fuuko choosing to speed-run 26 years worth of UMAs and penalties. It'll be an almost entirely different world when she emerges. Though...since this is a character-driven story, and the point of her skipping forward is to basically focus entirely on assembling her perfect team and negating their tragedies, it doesn't really matter that she's upending the world with all the UMAs.

My previous prediction holds: Fuuko's going to be using the remember artifact to restore all the negators' memories to fill in the last loop(s) and basically have a fully empowered and capable team without needing any training.

Fun twist: what's to say that Fuuko couldn't use, say, Remember artifact, on the Gods? Two other artifacts were used against the Gods directly.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
New chapter is out:

Void getting a backstory? That's...unexpected. He's the last negator I thought would be part of a quest.

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Does Apocalypse choose the quests or is it random? Because if it's the latter the bait with Andy was good.

With timeskips like that Gina and the others can't get stronger.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does Apocalypse choose the quests or is it random? Because if it's the latter the bait with Andy was good.

With timeskips like that Gina and the others can't get stronger.
They sure can get stronger if Fuuko is able to use remember to restore the memories to everyone of their previous lifetimes.

Oh, actually we have an issue here. Andy's got the "Remember" artifact buried in his skull. So...why would Fuuko skip the "location of Undead" quest but take on "location of Remember artifact" question? The only thing I can think of is that, somehow, the "Remember" artifact that is wedged into Andy's skull is but one "instance" of the "Remember" artifact.

Is it possible that some artifacts are duplicated by the Gods given certain circumstances during Ragnarok? Or did Andy forfeit "Remember" and lose it during the recent Ragnarok? If he did lose it, is that why Victor promised Andy he wouldn't take over in the future? (Normally Victor's persona would automatically take over whenever "Remember" was removed from Andy's head).

Sidebar: man oh man, wouldn't Undead Unluck make a goddamned fantastic "groundhog day meets choose-your-own-adventure style story-based video game? 20 unique and different loops through the potential plot arcs, multiple POV characters as leader, and probably a unique-to-each-fight required strategy to win (or lose?) each boss fight.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Gina is so cute... :wtf

The weakness is an issue indeed. A crazy plan is needed for Gina's power up.

I didn't think Unavoidable would become so important.

Tatsumaki

Reaction score
Country
France
Oh, actually we have an issue here. Andy's got the "Remember" artifact buried in his skull. So...why would Fuuko skip the "location of Undead" quest but take on "location of Remember artifact" question? The only thing I can think of is that, somehow, the "Remember" artifact that is wedged into Andy's skull is but one "instance" of the "Remember" artifact.
Is it really ? On the manga panel of the loop there is nothing on his forehead. However since Him and Victor have become two separate personalities, it is possible that he can exist even whitout remember in Victor's forehead now that Victor has accepted his existence.

Sidebar: man oh man, wouldn't Undead Unluck make a goddamned fantastic "groundhog day meets choose-your-own-adventure style story-based video game? 20 unique and different loops through the potential plot arcs, multiple POV characters as leader, and probably a unique-to-each-fight required strategy to win (or lose?) each boss fight.
That's TRUE. Would be awesome.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Since they're planning to use Autumn's "book transformation" ability in conjunction with that artifact that lets you dive into books for yourself, they're either doing it that way as a hugely risky workaround for simply using "remember" or are deliberately going to employ that tactic once they've captured Autumn for all their negator team.

Meh, more roundabout way of going about it but essentially the same process.

Demonspeed

Spider Yokai
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just read the last two chapters. So Gina, just had to believe in the strength of her heart and she became that strong? Okay :catshrug .

And now we get Fuuko VS Void.