Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 8 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Just read the chapter.
Was much shorter than I expected, I do hope they are not doing all this build up all so that Unrepair dies here. His power is too unique to get obliterated from the story too early imo.:nono
Regardless, glad to see Tatiana still playing a role in the fight.

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just read the chapter.
Was much shorter than I expected, I do hope they are not doing all this build up all so that Unrepair dies here. His power is too unique to get obliterated from the story too early imo.:nono
Regardless, glad to see Tatiana still playing a role in the fight.
It just felt shorter due all the action going on and the 5 double page spreads.^^
And this is the nice thing about this system: Unrepair's power won't be lost! Rip will die but some other human on this world will gain his power! Ofc it will be someone else making use of Unrepair who could be a totally different character but the unique power stays.
Which is why I think that we will see Unchange (Gina's power) at some point in the story again but on another human and with Andy and Fuuko getting a bit emotional about this.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
And this is the nice thing about this system: Unrepair's power won't be lost! Rip will die but some other human on this world will gain his power! Ofc it will be someone else making use of Unrepair who could be a totally different character but the unique power stays.
That is indeed a silver lining.
But the original Unrepair's personality wouldn't be there in the new host :feelsbadman Have grown quite fond of Rip a bit. The sadism is entertaining to watch. At least he isn't a grade A dumbo like Spoil in the last arc :p
Btw, you don't think he has anything under the eyepatch? :hmm

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, Rip is very entertaining. A bit like a Joker Junior mixed with a bit Magneto from X-Man.^^
As for the eyepatch, considering he bleeds I think it has something to do with his condition for his power. Like he needs an open wound to keep other wounds open and his eye hidden under the eyepatch is what triggers the effect. Meaning when he hurt someone with a never healing wound he himself gains one, thus his eye socket (I assume he lost his eye there) bleeds as the wound reopens.

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
that theory is pretty bizarre that it might just be that

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
To me it seems like the author wants Rip and Latla to be foils/rivals for Andy and Fuuko. So, I didn't think he'd die, but that Fuuko injury is a problem.

If he wants to keep him alive I think it'll be revealed that Rip can stop Unrepair if he wills it.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Part of the reason I don't think Unrepair will die here is because of Unseen tbh. How he went to kidnap her (?) seemed more of a personal vendetta than a goal of his group, so he is probably the only one who knows where they are currently. Rip did not want to kill her like he is with Chikara currently, which makes me think that he wanted her for something else altogether.
Actually, how did he even know that the Union would go for Unseen? :hmm There are too many unanswered questions about him currently (Even his backstory with the artifact legs), so him dying here is indeed too much.
Had mentioned it earlier, just wanted to go into a bit more detail.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
To me it seems like the author wants Rip and Latla to be foils/rivals for Andy and Fuuko. So, I didn't think he'd die, but that Fuuko injury is a problem.

If he wants to keep him alive I think it'll be revealed that Rip can stop Unrepair if he wills it.
Rip can stop UNREPAIR at will, he said it himself when he capture UNSEEN.

Speaking of UNSEEN, kinda feel like the backstory is a loner/ugly person that do not want to the world to know about him/her. He/she wants to "disappear"
Maybe a guy/girl who got bullied and cover in a lots of scar

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I actually wonder due what kind of Rules the negation power "Unseen" was formed... like I can't imagine an eyeball hoovering around saying "I see you! And you! And you! And especially you in the shower!", like it is weird to imagine a rule called "seen" but then again we also have untouchable so maybe all 5 senses have their own rule vessels?

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
I actually wonder due what kind of Rules the negation power "Unseen" was formed... like I can't imagine an eyeball hoovering around saying "I see you! And you! And you! And especially you in the shower!", like it is weird to imagine a rule called "seen" but then again we also have untouchable so maybe all 5 senses have their own rule vessels?
you forgot about UMA Eat. That mean there is a negator UNEAT, never becomes fat :oooh

People before UMA Eat appears must be drinking from a tree sap or something lol.

I think SEEN was added when LIGHT becomes a new rule (in science, light passes through your eyes and make you see). UNSEEN "negates" the light, making one transparent

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Or simply did photosynthesis. Wait, that's not "simple".
JESUS! Now you make me question how the "original humans" looked like before all the UMAs changed them and their lives! XD

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Not really related to the last chapter, but I kinda wonder how the series would work as an anime. Since the series is probably gonna get one eventually, I wonder if they would censor how Andy fights and all the grievous injuries he usually gets. Sure, the details are not very gruesome but I don;t know if a studio or Shueisha would want complaints from parents that their kids cut their fingers trying to launch them at other people. Although I guess some streaming service like Netflix could pick up the series, and the violence probably would not matter there.

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Might not be such a big thing but I'm still happy UU got first place.^^
and we got 2 CP for that.! and extended page, mean more double spread.. hope tozuka not burn out himself..

one of Nico's assistant/lab rat is MICO vorgeil.. is she his daughter/granddaughter or clone?
i love those doodle/author art from twitter, they are fun and we got extended character interactions. like fuuko and clothy, now we had fuuko and mico, also fuuko and tatiana.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
holy crap you just remind me, Nico is very similar to Mayuri from Bleach (both scientific breakthrough scientist/engineer). Would not surprised if MICO is a clone of his

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
and we got 2 CP for that.! and extended page, mean more double spread.. hope tozuka not burn out himself..

one of Nico's assistant/lab rat is MICO vorgeil.. is she his daughter/granddaughter or clone?
i love those doodle/author art from twitter, they are fun and we got extended character interactions. like fuuko and clothy, now we had fuuko and mico, also fuuko and tatiana.
2 Color pages? Wow.
Hope Tozuka takes care of his health properly I dont want him to become a 2nd Ashihara...
Pretty sure they are all his clones but mixed with DNA from other Union members.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Doing a reread, and it's funny how the translator wasn't sure what to go with for this at first, so we get three different translations. :P I guess the first two will be changed if we get a volume release.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I got a feeling Tozuka will go even more out on his doublespreads due that award.^^

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
His comment (translated by ANN):

"First place...! Thank you so much for your votes and support. I am now keenly aware that I was able to create a manga thanks to the support of many people. Rather than embarrassing myself after this fortuitous outcome, I think I'll continue with this 'interesting' manuscript."