Shounen - Undead Unluck | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Undead Unluck

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
this chapter is just big brain chapter, author flex his writing skill.. are UU now the new timeparadox ghostwriter????
for real tho.. if thats small things become huge plot point, what else author hid???

so for my understanding of Artifact : there are 3 type, right??
Man-made (human and negator)
UMA-made
God-made
all things above that survive loop...
thats why its explain so many differ artifact.. from Apocalyps, all sunwukong staff to regular gun..

oh, we got back to back exposition/infodump chapter for first time, and likely next chapter too.. decode the manga..

Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
So now finally Fuuko has fallen in love with Andy? Even the mention of Andy was supposed to be close to Juiz makes Fuuko angry, despite she had no problem seeing him kissing Gina and marrying a zombie.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Spain
So now finally Fuuko has fallen in love with Andy? Even the mention of Andy was supposed to be close to Juiz makes Fuuko angry, despite she had no problem seeing him kissing Gina and marrying a zombie.
Well, I guess since some months have supposed to pass since all of that, it's natural that they have grown even closer.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I am not so sure that is love tbh. It could just be her freaking out/fangirling over the concept of romance. Remember, this is 'Victor' and not 'Andy'. She has never experienced love, so it's similar to her reaction when she entered a high school for the first time.
At the very least, that is how I took that entire exchange :hmm Of course I could be entirely wrong about this.

kakilangit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
okay, i had theory, that i already share in other forums..

remember when Fuuko aim for Juiz head?? and juiz challenge fuuko to do so.. this subplot is gone or resolved quickly after chapter 20.

Billy throwaway comment is sus.. billy may not meant it.. but author might.. its fuuko's mirror juiz or had same path as..

so, what conclusion??
Fuuko will replace JUIZ to survive ragnarok..
Its undead unluck..

its fuuko's story.. she is MC, she always on UU chapter, never miss//
its also her progressed storyline.. wanna die===> must survive (in ragnarok n beyond)
also, JUIZ said this :

JUIZ always fail to kill god.. now, she thought with fuuko power, they might had a chance..
and we knew that, in volume 2 extra: some negator power mature over time./
fuuko had power 8 years ago (compare to juiz, andy and victors thats nothing), almost never used it until met andy.. and she already beat victors
imagine fuuko with more mature power..

so yeah, its easy catch...
how about that???

oh, also 1 more thing,.. beside shojo manga, what others fuuko obsession is (who might come out big later), its video game..!!
i will see if anything crack happen in manga to further my propaganda theory//

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I like the idea of Fuuko eventually becoming Number 1 of the Union :nod
Very good theory @kakilangit

Btw, who do you guys see them replacing Billy with then? I know the obvious answer is Unchange because of Gina, but personally, I would like to see Unburn join Union next.
Especially considering they uncovered their location a few chapters ago, but they have done nothing with the information since then :hmm Also, since Billy and co. have Burn with them now, the best way to fight it (Aside from Fuuko's Unluck), is Unburn.
+
We have already seen what Unchange can do, anyway :oh If they are approached with the offer to join the Union, they should turn it down :noworry There should be negators who can turn down offers to join the Union anyway.

Aside from that, still holding onto my theory that the new Unchange user is a guy, who will end up falling for Fuuko :XD

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So the past and future are written in a shojo manga? :XD

I like how Andy was keeping Fuuko close this whole time :amuse. Considering how much of a fangirl Fuuko is does she even need the book?

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but very good foreshadowing regardless :verily

Btw, really liked Shen using Untruth on Juiz. So he is fond of her :D
Shen probably joined the Union after facing her and losing. Typical combat addict style.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Btw, who do you guys see them replacing Billy with then? I know the obvious answer is Unchange because of Gina, but personally, I would like to see Unburn join Union next.
Wasn't Unburn already captured by Unrepair, though?

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Shen probably joined the Union after facing her and losing. Typical combat addict style.
Maybe he has tried flirting with Juiz before? :p Since Void called him a flirtatious fool :XD

Wasn't Unburn already captured by Unrepair, though?
Oh no, that was Unseen :mono The only thing we know about Unburn is their location, which I suppose might have changed by now:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Since back when Andy and Fuuko first joinec Union, I used to wonder why Juiz discarded so fast trying to avoid the galaxy (was it galaxy?) punishment. She decided to not even try to complete all quests and she just chose two or three and also easily decided what members should go after what mission.

I guess now the explanation is very easy. She has already faced these punishments and these quests and she knew she could easily take care of the dangers from galaxy, and who would have an easiert time with each mission and what missions were not worth the risk.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique

Miss Gina a lot :(

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
If a loop does happen you'll see her again.
This will help me sleep better tonight :smile-big
I do wonder though, should we assume characters have new abilities whenever loops happen? :hmm Not sure if it has been brought up in this thread before (My apologies if it has), but you just made me consider the possibility of Gina coming back with a new Negator ability. That, or she comes back with no ability at all :ninja
Side note, this panel is really cute:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
This will help me sleep better tonight :smile-big
I do wonder though, should we assume characters have new abilities whenever loops happen? :hmm Not sure if it has been brought up in this thread before (My apologies if it has), but you just made me consider the possibility of Gina coming back with a new Negator ability. That, or she comes back with no ability at all :ninja
Side note, this panel is really cute:
Nico hasn't survived any loops yet he was there in Juiz's flashbacks from past loops, so I'm sure there's some kind of destiny at work here. Or something.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Character profiles so far:

Gina

Mui

Andy

Shen

Fuuko

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Source: Discord.

Chapter 37 spoilers:

買ってきた 

?037 アンデッド+アンラック 
君伝の内容が予言されていると言うジュイス 
生原稿の状態と作者の情報が欲しいがなかなか見せてもらえないだろうということでアンディが漫画持ち込みを提案する 
風子は自分が漫画を作ることに驚愕するが、風子がシチュエーションを考え他のみんなと一緒に原稿を完成させる 
原稿を集英社に持ち込み、編集にみてもらう 
そこで君伝ファンだということを告げ、君伝の生原稿を見せてもらう 
タイトルは「君に伝われ」 
言語統一の影響をうけていない古代遺物で描かれた預言書だった 
次号センターカラー大増23p

Rough summary:
-Juiz believes that Kimi ni Todoke (From Me To You) is a biography of past loops and can be used to predict what will happen next, but they need the raw manuscript and the original author to get everything clearly.
-The Union plan to write a manga manuscript of their own, submit it to Shueisha for editing, and then get the raw manuscript for From Me To You
-Mico gives Fuuko a robotic arm so that Fuuko can write the manuscript quickly, but it malfunctions and tears Andy's pants
-Despite that, the Union finishes the manuscript and deliver it to Shueisha, where Andy dresses as Osamu Tezuka (Japanese equivalent to Walt Disney) and they get From Me To You's original manuscript
-The original manuscript for From Me To You is titled "Tell You" and it's a prophecy that was drawn with ancient relics and, dut to being written this way, was not affected by the language unification (meaning it's still in Japanese probably, instead of being converted to English)

Panel TL:
>What's this writing?

>Andy...!! Japanese!!
>Nice work... It wasn't affected by the language unification...

>"KimiTsuta" was written with an Artifact!!
>It's a prophecy!!

Also, Color page next week and this chapter is named after UU's initial One-Shot, probably a reference to the fact that the Union are writing their own One-Shot in this chapter
--- Double Post Merged, ---

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
LOL! This is glorious! I would so not have expected that development from the last chapter. XDDD

TyVip

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Fuuko = Tozuka confirmed, and we are living in post-GOD killing word
GG too meta

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Man, that cover is great. I'm assuming the woman Fuuko is showing the drawing is her mother? We haven't had a heart felt cover like that in a while, good stuff.
So I'm guessing the author's power negates knowledge of themselves/the world? Or facts? Anyone who meets them forgets them immediately after, unless you are a fellow negator :hmm <At least this is how I think the power will work.
Btw, Juiz looks really good even without the jacket on :nod

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Man, that cover is great. I'm assuming the woman Fuuko is showing the drawing is her mother? We haven't had a heart felt cover like that in a while, good stuff.
So I'm guessing the author's power negates knowledge of themselves/the world? Or facts? Anyone who meets them forgets them immediately after, unless you are a fellow negator :hmm <At least this is how I think the power will work.
Btw, Juiz looks really good even without the jacket on :nod
Juiz best girl. I'm not a big fan of her power but the character itself is great.