Shounen Undead Unluck

Ebrietas-

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
399
Reaction score
705
Country
Turkey
This is the fourth country we have been to in the series :hmm America with the Spoil arc, Brazil with the Unrepair stuff, Australia with the aliens showing up, and now Canada with Autumn. Pretty neato world building :nod
Have a strange feeling Anno Un will end up being killed by one of the Under members. Then Fuuko will end up being the one to plot down the rest of the story.
They also went to Russia to fight Unchange
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Rest in Peace another landmark. This time good bye to Vancouver park
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,371
Gender
Male
Country
France
When you get spoilers in the manga itself :XD.

I guess Anno Un's power is Unnoticeable?
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I think her power is still Unknown. i.e, she negates knowledge about things, including herself. It seems to be an external targeting type.
Also, is it me or do you guys think one of the season arcs might happen offscreen? :hmm I feel like one of them will end up being a failed quest, ending up triggering the 100th penalty (Due to Under's interference)
If we are going to be shown all of them offscreen, I'd like to see other Union members take on the seasons. Would make for new character dynamics and all :amuse (Like having Shen and Mui team up on one of them, considering the quests are open to everyone)
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I also think it's UnKnown.

I hope we get to see the fights against the UMAs. I mean, the arcs are not really long, I guess that in some chapters we can have it wrapped and ready for Andy's past before ragnarok.

What is interesting is that these 3 arcs are not the last, right? They were erased but are not the last.
 

kakilangit

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
275
Reaction score
403
Age
34
Country
Indonesia
I think her power is still Unknown. i.e, she negates knowledge about things, including herself. It seems to be an external targeting type.
Also, is it me or do you guys think one of the season arcs might happen offscreen? :hmm I feel like one of them will end up being a failed quest, ending up triggering the 100th penalty (Due to Under's interference)
If we are going to be shown all of them offscreen, I'd like to see other Union members take on the seasons. Would make for new character dynamics and all :amuse (Like having Shen and Mui team up on one of them, considering the quests are open to everyone)
well, from the last quest, we should not optimistic. Sensei only shown us 1 quest out of 6 that available. and we even only had 2 design shown, 4 chara still being hidden.. i think i know the reasob why
1. Its Undead Unluck manga, we never had chapter without them. we only experience what they are did (mostly fuuko)
2. LOOP.. i think this is what made tozuka sensei is so great.
this will may get overlook and underapreciated why sensei did this.. if we get loop in the next time.. tozuka sensei will never reused same arc over again, thats why we only see spoil and uma burn.. next loop, if they had same set quest, andy and fuuko will face different arc, maybe Uma eat or uma past or Unseen..
and in this set of quest we only got autumn and we already seen spring, so the next time loop, we may see winter and summer full form...
So to feel fresh and new..

sensei already planning this.. and this is maybe the best way..
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I just realized that Loop means we get to see Gina again! <3
And with her power she is the best to apprehend Spoil, especially with the information about his powers from the previous world, so she can jet over and grab him while Andy and Fuuko deal with another mission.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
well, from the last quest, we should not optimistic. Sensei only shown us 1 quest out of 6 that available. and we even only had 2 design shown, 4 chara still being hidden.. i think i know the reasob why
1. Its Undead Unluck manga, we never had chapter without them. we only experience what they are did (mostly fuuko)
2. LOOP.. i think this is what made tozuka sensei is so great.
this will may get overlook and underapreciated why sensei did this.. if we get loop in the next time.. tozuka sensei will never reused same arc over again, thats why we only see spoil and uma burn.. next loop, if they had same set quest, andy and fuuko will face different arc, maybe Uma eat or uma past or Unseen..
and in this set of quest we only got autumn and we already seen spring, so the next time loop, we may see winter and summer full form...
So to feel fresh and new..

sensei already planning this.. and this is maybe the best way..
Did not think of this :blink
Though, don't you think the loop will bring about new quests with it? :hmm Especially considering Fuuko and Andy joined the Union a bit too late (98 penalties). I feel like the new loop should have brand new quests altogether. For the sake of fresh things?
Not sure if I am phrasing this properly :sweat
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Chapter 39 is up
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Man, so many fanartists have now to adapt their future fanart of Unkown due that left arm missing. ^^
Unknown is pretty cray-cray and talking a lot in meta, probably because he made such a long running series predicting the future and everything and ofc dying over and over again but somehow keeping the memory of the previous worlds, probably due his Artifact. I wanna know what the gun of Fuuko can do besides shooting, it is an Artifact too after all!
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I don't think Anno Uno has been in previous loops, unless we have been told so and I've forgotten.

Juiz was in previous loops yet she didn't see anything coming about Billy and from the little flashbacks we saw we know that things happen very differently in each loop, so for Anno to know the future there's need of a foreshadowing power rather than memories of previous loops. If what she is using really is an artifact then she may have some memories of the artifact's story in the past loops, but just random images like the ones Fuuko got with Ragnarok or her gun. Also, since Juiz apparently doesn't know what the artifact is or looks like, it's likely one that didn't came in contact with Union in her loops.


Either way, Anno Uno is just too crazy. Characters who can casually cut off an arm (With no regeneration powers) when that becomes the best choice of action in a hard do or die situation are impressive, but characters who just casually cut if off without being in such a situation are just nutcracks. I'm guessing that the way his/her artifact's powers work he's just become used to knowing everything that will happen in the future to the smallest details, and that cutting off that arm at that precise time, even though it looks crazy, was somehow literally the best course of action and he/she has no regrets because of that.

However, I want to believe that her foreshadowing powers have limits because as much as the character's quite unique and interesting right now, it can become quite boring in the future if he/she just goes full Aizen and nothing ever goes against his/her plans. That works for a villain but not for a main cast character.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw, can anyone explain to me why Autumn UMA is obsessed with interesting stories and turning people into books? Just asking because I'm guessing there's some reason why autumn is associated with this but I fail to see it.
 
Last edited:

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
Btw, can anyone explain to me why Autumn UMA is obsessed with interesting stories and turning people into books? Just asking becuase I'm guessing there's some reason why autumn is associated with this but I fail to see it.

Me, too, can't comprehend why Autumn has something to do with books at all. The stretching logic is even beyond the logic of One Piece's Paramecia Devil Fruits.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Btw, can anyone explain to me why Autumn UMA is obsessed with interesting stories and turning people into books? Just asking because I'm guessing there's some reason why autumn is associated with this but I fail to see it.
Me, too, can't comprehend why Autumn has something to do with books at all. The stretching logic is even beyond the logic of One Piece's Paramecia Devil Fruits.
Maybe something to do with the fact most people read in autumn? :hmm At least, I think they do :XD I come from a country with only two seasons :feelsbadman
But, more on this:


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not sure if there is an article like this for every season :sweat But I looked it up, and found only fall articles on reading.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,371
Gender
Male
Country
France
Heaven's Door! :o

Kinda weird for them to get a training arc when they didn't get to show much after the recent training.

Btw, can anyone explain to me why Autumn UMA is obsessed with interesting stories and turning people into books? Just asking because I'm guessing there's some reason why autumn is associated with this but I fail to see it.
Probably just bored of reading common stories? Can't find a clue between this and the autumn season though.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Heaven's Door! :o
That came to mind. :XD

Probably just bored of reading common stories? Can't find a clue between this and the autumn season though.
There must be some link for that to be Autumn's power, but googling about books/reading in Autumn or "Autumn in japanese culture" or whatever I can think of doesn't bring up any particular explanation.
 

Monox D. I-Fly

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2020
Messages
301
Reaction score
151
Age
36
Country
Indonesia
Maybe something to do with the fact most people read in autumn? :hmm At least, I think they do :XD I come from a country with only two seasons :feelsbadman
But, more on this:


--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not sure if there is an article like this for every season :sweat But I looked it up, and found only fall articles on reading.
I also come from a two-seasons country, so I don't know either. Interesting read, though.
 

kakilangit

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
275
Reaction score
403
Age
34
Country
Indonesia
Autumn correlate as 'education' seasons.. its the first time you start school after long summer break.. first year ceremony entrance after graduation in new school, new year start etc...

did anyone else wonder why we got focus on side character even before half member of union get central arc???
its tied autumn with anno un 'character and theme'. about 'story'.. anno un love story and making story (manga). Now, autumn got obsessed about story of others.. damn thats power is scary. the human cant back to normal after turn into book, unlike heaven's door.

damn, i got jebaited, training arc after they skip the one before and tease autumn arc last chapter (but tbf, the one before was fuuko's training. now they had new trainer for duo)

also, what prediction of anno un character?
a. join union?? or under
b. live but gone
c. die

die is most likely the scenario:
a. is too OP
b. too Knowledgable, about future event,
c. too crazy, almost like andy, suicidal, had no regard of (own) life
d. someone mention that anno un mean, YEAR 1,, its that true?? if that the case anno un will not comeback in year 2 of our timeline (fuuko's timeline)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,371
Gender
Male
Country
France
also, what prediction of anno un character?
a. join union?? or under
b. live but gone
c. die

die is most likely the scenario:
a. is too OP
b. too Knowledgable, about future event,
c. too crazy, almost like andy, suicidal, had no regard of (own) life
d. someone mention that anno un mean, YEAR 1,, its that true?? if that the case anno un will not comeback in year 2 of our timeline (fuuko's timeline)
If we really want to go meta she seems to play the role of the mysterious and cool teacher for the protagonists so yes, death is the most likely scenario here. She'll end up saying her role is done or something(She seems to want to live though). She can still join Union and survive but be nerfed by some artifact, Negator or something. Or maybe things will become unpredictable.
 
Top