"Anno Uno" means "Year 1" in Latin and Italian. He's missing the "o" but it's close enough.d. someone mention that anno un mean, YEAR 1,, its that true?? if that the case anno un will not comeback in year 2 of our timeline (fuuko's timeline)
"Anno Uno" means "Year 1" in Latin and Italian. He's missing the "o" but it's close enough.d. someone mention that anno un mean, YEAR 1,, its that true?? if that the case anno un will not comeback in year 2 of our timeline (fuuko's timeline)
We remove the extra vocal on the articles when it precedes a noun that starts with another vocal. So "Un Anno" is grammatically correct and means "An year" more than "Year one"."Anno Uno" means "Year 1" in Latin and Italian. He's missing the "o" but it's close enough.
I'm aware of that grammatical rule but I don't know the author had western audiences in mind (for the "name before surname" writing) when he chose the name.We remove the extra vocal on the articles when it precedes a noun that starts with another vocal. So "Un Anno" is grammatically correct and means "An year" more than "Year one".
Of course, there's the possiblity that the author doesn't know that and still wanted to mean "Year one" with a stylish adaptation.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
You guys are looking too much into it. Anno Un is most likely just supposed to sound like Unknown which is what his/her ability probably is.I'm aware of that grammatical rule but I don't know the author had western audiences in mind (for the "name before surname" writing) when he chose the name.
You might be right, though, I remember "Cross Marian" from D.Gray-Man made more sense with our writing conventions. Either that, or the author made a blunder, or the author simply thought Un sounded better and more japanese than Uno.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Thinking it throught, "One Year" does sound more prophetic than "Year One" so it might really have been the author's intent.
Is Anno Un the character's actual name or only his pen name?
It is likely the theme of the UMA this time around. Think about it. Anno Un basically knows ALL the plot for the "story." Everything is already scripted. But Autumn keeps shouting, "Show me! Show me! A story no one knows!" and such lines (Which gave me chills to read. Awesome moment. It connects with the theme of history repeating. The UMA wants a story that has never been told. And currently, ALL of them have been. Though it seems maybe this arc will be about exiting the current loop, if loop it is, and doing something Anno Un hasn't predicted.I don't think Anno Uno has been in previous loops, unless we have been told so and I've forgotten.
Juiz was in previous loops yet she didn't see anything coming about Billy and from the little flashbacks we saw we know that things happen very differently in each loop, so for Anno to know the future there's need of a foreshadowing power rather than memories of previous loops. If what she is using really is an artifact then she may have some memories of the artifact's story in the past loops, but just random images like the ones Fuuko got with Ragnarok or her gun. Also, since Juiz apparently doesn't know what the artifact is or looks like, it's likely one that didn't came in contact with Union in her loops.
Either way, Anno Uno is just too crazy. Characters who can casually cut off an arm (With no regeneration powers) when that becomes the best choice of action in a hard do or die situation are impressive, but characters who just casually cut if off without being in such a situation are just nutcracks. I'm guessing that the way his/her artifact's powers work he's just become used to knowing everything that will happen in the future to the smallest details, and that cutting off that arm at that precise time, even though it looks crazy, was somehow literally the best course of action and he/she has no regrets because of that.
However, I want to believe that her foreshadowing powers have limits because as much as the character's quite unique and interesting right now, it can become quite boring in the future if he/she just goes full Aizen and nothing ever goes against his/her plans. That works for a villain but not for a main cast character.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Btw, can anyone explain to me why Autumn UMA is obsessed with interesting stories and turning people into books? Just asking because I'm guessing there's some reason why autumn is associated with this but I fail to see it.

It just feels very unnecessary imo, kinda like what Black Clover is doing currently with the (6 months training arc> Oh, that wasn't enough> Condense the training into one or two days)The theme is interesting in itself, I agree, and I can see the connection you mention between the theme of Autumn and Anno.It is likely the theme of the UMA this time around. Think about it. Anno Un basically knows ALL the plot for the "story." Everything is already scripted. But Autumn keeps shouting, "Show me! Show me! A story no one knows!" and such lines (Which gave me chills to read. Awesome moment. It connects with the theme of history repeating. The UMA wants a story that has never been told. And currently, ALL of them have been. Though it seems maybe this arc will be about exiting the current loop, if loop it is, and doing something Anno Un hasn't predicted.
BUT you know, it can be have double meaning, right.??. i am also fan of Anno un is pun of his/her negator power like everyone else. they are not cancel each other you know, can coexist together..You guys are looking too much into it. Anno Un is most likely just supposed to sound like Unknown which is what his/her ability probably is.
For me personally I always start reading and writing in Autumn like crazy. I know other authors who do to. And major authors like Brandon Sandersonr release their big books in Autumn... and November is NaNoWriMo. That's only national and so I assume for where I live... but... it fits for me perfectly and I thought it was a creative but fitting addition to Autumn's personality. There's also the Spider theme. And we authors sometimes refer to our work as "weaving threads, or Plot Threats"...The theme is interesting in itself, I agree, and I can see the connection you mention between the theme of Autumn and Anno.
I just wish I could understand the logic behind Autumn having the power of turning people into books. I mean, the other UMA's powers are usually much easier to understand. Clothes becomes clothes, Burn burns people and Spoil spoiled (rotted) people.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Considering 'Andy' is a name that Fuuko came up with for him.....
You are not the only one! This series is the best in Jump currently. It's like Kimetsu no Yaiba. No one knew about it. Then the gem was dug up and raved about by enough people that exposure occurred. Problem is with the beginning exposure is the problem and dampens popularity. But I doubt it'd have gotten far without doing something crazy. A lot of series with plenty of potential got canceled.I'm still amazed at how poorly this started for how good it's gotten. "poorly designed naked main character gag fighting manga" was my first impression. Glad i was so wrong!
I think it's being promoted pretty well, selling decent for a new series. The key will be if it gets an animated series. And hopefully they writer doesn't kill the momentum with a long battle arc (sorry fans of MHA or Jujutsu Kaisen...but those latest arcs in both just murdered the momentum.) so far it's moving along at a nice pace.You are not the only one! This series is the best in Jump currently. It's like Kimetsu no Yaiba. No one knew about it. Then the gem was dug up and raved about by enough people that exposure occurred. Problem is with the beginning exposure is the problem and dampens popularity. But I doubt it'd have gotten far without doing something crazy. A lot of series with plenty of potential got canceled.
And I'm waiting for this to go like Samurai 8. It is more popular but with the way things go nowadays with new series... how safe do we think this is, exactly?
And this latest chapter was awesome. I love Juiz' reaction to Anno Un.
So... only bad endings await in the futures Anno Un crafts. I like that. His character is being handled perfectly so far, save the arm thing. But I bet he can just use his artifact to restore the arm. That is likely what he's about while Fuuko and Andy take a trip down memory lane. And wow. I pegged Andy as a cowboy type from the beginning due to how his words were always translated. Turns out I was right. And isn't there mention by him about being a Cowboy at some point in his past in the Spoil Arc?
Here's powerup for Fuuko: She creates an Unlucky Artifact. Something that she can put into others that won't come out or off, like a shackle or an arrow (Bullets feel like they'd possibly go through a target or miss easily, given how easily characters avoid gun injuries in manga in general. Next least reliable weapon next to explosives.
Her artifact could then induce bad luck in people without her having to utilize Andy or herself. And it may even work regardless of her feelings toward whoever holds the artifact.
Or maybe Andy could do the same. Potentially expendable or limited Regeneration rings/cards/accessories/even pills to help allies. Undead+Unluck's version of Senzo Beans?
Tbf he didn't really do anything when Billy revealed he was the traitor, haha. I feel like Rip and Latla being there was meant to be a way to drive the point home that Billy is actually a bad guy. To us the readers, and to the Union members.and is that RIP?? everyone says so, it is because the shoes?? but really, we will get RIP 3 arc in row before we got to know shit about everyone else on under???

I feel as if that would be a realistic enough drawback for having his form regress to that of a child.--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
--- Double Post Merged, ---