Shounen Undead Unluck

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think Victor is mentioning someone else. Not Death, not Juiz.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I think Victor is mentioning someone else. Not Death, not Juiz.
Not god? I thought that was the obvious answer, but now I want him to actually be mentioning Uma 'Death' :blink
From what we've seen in the story so far, killing an UMA does not necessarily affect the respective negator, right?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
The way Andy/Victor use their powers is just great :o .

So, if I understood correctly, Book Andy is stronger and thinks differently because of his meeting with Fuuko when he was a mercenary. It's like another timeline.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Victhor might be a selfish and overconfident guy who thinks only he and his way of thinking can break the circle of Ragnarok but damn, he sure got some abilities to back his mouth up, like god damn! Loved that fight and the bloody Kamehameha was awesome! XD
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not god? I thought that was the obvious answer, but now I want him to actually be mentioning Uma 'Death' :blink
From what we've seen in the story so far, killing an UMA does not necessarily affect the respective negator, right?
Sorry, I was going to say God indeed :sarc

BUT at the same time...if UMA Death is killed, no one will ever die again...right? Like it happened with language.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
BUT at the same time...if UMA Death is killed, no one will ever die again...right? Like it happened with language.
Probably.
They would grow old (Due to spoil), but ultimately they wouldn't die. So you'd have.....a whole town of walking skeletons :oh


What if Andy became Undead due to failing a quest? He might think the only way to rectify that would be by redoing the quest and succeeding in it this time. Which in this case, the quest would involve killing someone. :hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Or wait :o
Maybe Victor means to kill Apocalypse.
No Apocalypse>No Quests>No Rules/Penalties
 

Tatsumaki

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2016
Messages
598
Reaction score
4,039
Gender
Female
Country
France
Maybe Victor means to kill Apocalypse.
No Apocalypse>No Quests>No Rules/Penalties
Oh I like this theory. But with all the cycles he went through didn't he try that already ?
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Apocalypse is a UMA or artifact?
I thought it was an artifact. If killed, would not change de tasks/penalties routine. They just wouldn't know what was necessary and the penalties would keep coming.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
Oh I like this theory. But with all the cycles he went through didn't he try that already ?
Maybe he has tried several times, but the book ends up surviving/escaping through different means.

I thought it was an artifact. If killed, would not change de tasks/penalties routine. They just wouldn't know what was necessary and the penalties would keep coming.
Artifact, yes. But it is the only artifact that can talk/has a sense of identity. I always thought that was weird compared to other artifacts we've seen,.
 

Wookitake

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2013
Messages
2,258
Reaction score
1,966
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
But it is the only artifact that can talk/has a sense of identity. I always thought that was weird compared to other artifacts we've seen,.
Andy's clothes can talk as well, can't they?
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
With these blood-hardening and freely-twisting-limbs skills it's time for me to accept that their powers really go beyond simply negating death or luck, and that they really work much differently than I expected them to months ago.

Keeping that in mind, I like where Andy's powers are headed and Victor is a total badass.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Andy's clothes can talk as well, can't they?
Those are an UMA, aren't they?
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
With these blood-hardening and freely-twisting-limbs skills it's time for me to accept that their powers really go beyond simply negating death or luck, and that they really work much differently than I expected them to months ago.
You really saying that with your avatar? :rolleyes:

 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
So Andy is the awakened undead undead. I get it now. :XD
Pretty much :noworry
I actually think powers can evolve in this verse, just that we have not seen it in practice yet. F.e two chapters ago, Fuuko seemed to have a measure of control over the Unluck she dished out to those two people in the bar. When normally her Unluck is supposed to outright kill people from the get-go, and those two didn't die.
It's something I think happens, and we might get more explanation of it later on. Of course it would depend with how versatile an ability is. I don't think Untruth can be trained, for instance.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Pretty much :noworry
I actually think powers can evolve in this verse, just that we have not seen it in practice yet. F.e two chapters ago, Fuuko seemed to have a measure of control over the Unluck she dished out to those two people in the bar. When normally her Unluck is supposed to outright kill people from the get-go, and those two didn't die.
It's something I think happens, and we might get more explanation of it later on. Of course it would depend with how versatile an ability is. I don't think Untruth can be trained, for instance.
Victor's dialogue with Andy this chapter pretty much confirms this. I do wonder about those other abilities like Untruth, though. Normally I would think Undead isn't trainable either but here they are, casually decimating cities with "just" the power of regeneration.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
What do you guys think the deal is with Rip and Anno Un? We saw him and a few other Under members lurking aroun Uma Autumn a few chapters ago, which made me think they were planning on taking it down (Directly interfering with Union). But now they are in Anno Un's house for....whatever reason. Feels weird.
Unless they are stalking Andy/Fuuko :oh
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
What do you guys think the deal is with Rip and Anno Un? We saw him and a few other Under members lurking aroun Uma Autumn a few chapters ago, which made me think they were planning on taking it down (Directly interfering with Union). But now they are in Anno Un's house for....whatever reason. Feels weird.
Unless they are stalking Andy/Fuuko :oh
Maybe they wanted to team up to beat Autumn.
 

kakilangit

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2020
Messages
275
Reaction score
403
Age
34
Country
Indonesia
holy moly.. when i thought andy/victor had no more move,.. like seriously, andy/victor may had the most move name in wsj now, exc luffy. but UU only had 44 ch, while OP already almost 1000 ch..
bad news is tozuka sensei will run out ideas (hope not) fast..
and in other hand, beside andy/victor no character had more than 1 move name so far..
lets see :
>Shen => eight mountain strike
thats, it?? hope we see more for others

it will glorious to see all this being animated.. hopefully.
 
Top