- Joined
- Nov 16, 2005
- Messages
- 19,231
- Reaction score
- 1,274
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
I urge everybody who can vote to go make your choice today. This may be the single most important day in American history in this new millennium, don't lose your chance to let your voice be heard.
After the polls close, we will be closing this thread as well and starting a fresh new thread for your reactions and thoughts on the new American President.
Not a surprise at all, but in case anybody expected otherwise...
Barack Obama just defeated John McCain.
Okay, it's a little bit early, but it's pretty much decided, since he only really needs California to clinch it. And so a new era of "change" descends on us all. That's one thing I certainly expect to happen, as our government just became practically all Democratic for the first time since, I believe, the JFK years. Although at least the Dems may not get a filibuster proof majority... that's still being determined. Still, the absolute total power that Obama will have is almost unbelievable. No, no Newt Gingrich to keep him in check at all. Is America ready for Socialism?
Well, congratulations to President Obama. My prediction from earlier in this thread was right on - heh... now we gotta live with our decision. (At least I have a license to whine about his term... I totally voted for McCain and did all I could. And I'm proud of my state for going red, too.
)
Out of respect to the winning party, I'll refrain from criticizing their win any further. At least tonight!
Although I will mention one positive note - how far our country has come, since the mid-20th century when black people were considered inferior to whites. Our first African-American President! Quite a stunning turnaround and one that I'm pretty proud of our country for allowing to happen, at least.
I'll be closing the thread and starting a new one that will concentrate on what you guys expect of President Obama to do and what he will do once he gets into the White House. Should be very, very interesting to follow - and certainly should spark some very good conversations as well, if this thread was anything to judge by.
Speaking of which, this thread was a resounding success in my opinion, it hardly needed much moderating and I really appreciated hearing what everybody had to say. Thank you all for throwing in your opinions and for being the mature and responsible members of Mangahelpers that I knew you all could be.
New Thread Here. Discuss!
After the polls close, we will be closing this thread as well and starting a fresh new thread for your reactions and thoughts on the new American President.
Not a surprise at all, but in case anybody expected otherwise...
Barack Obama just defeated John McCain.
Okay, it's a little bit early, but it's pretty much decided, since he only really needs California to clinch it. And so a new era of "change" descends on us all. That's one thing I certainly expect to happen, as our government just became practically all Democratic for the first time since, I believe, the JFK years. Although at least the Dems may not get a filibuster proof majority... that's still being determined. Still, the absolute total power that Obama will have is almost unbelievable. No, no Newt Gingrich to keep him in check at all. Is America ready for Socialism?
Well, congratulations to President Obama. My prediction from earlier in this thread was right on - heh... now we gotta live with our decision. (At least I have a license to whine about his term... I totally voted for McCain and did all I could. And I'm proud of my state for going red, too.
)Out of respect to the winning party, I'll refrain from criticizing their win any further. At least tonight!
Although I will mention one positive note - how far our country has come, since the mid-20th century when black people were considered inferior to whites. Our first African-American President! Quite a stunning turnaround and one that I'm pretty proud of our country for allowing to happen, at least.I'll be closing the thread and starting a new one that will concentrate on what you guys expect of President Obama to do and what he will do once he gets into the White House. Should be very, very interesting to follow - and certainly should spark some very good conversations as well, if this thread was anything to judge by.
Speaking of which, this thread was a resounding success in my opinion, it hardly needed much moderating and I really appreciated hearing what everybody had to say. Thank you all for throwing in your opinions and for being the mature and responsible members of Mangahelpers that I knew you all could be.

New Thread Here. Discuss!
Last edited: