Politics United States Presidential Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Funny how half of that is completely subjective opinion.
Could you please point which parts of it are and explain how for those of us who can't see it? =) Thanks~
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
President Palin was an opinion I suppose...

But that should be reason to worry for anyone really. Also Obama probably wont shrink government as much as people are hoping he will. I honestly think he's going to keep it as big if not bigger than Bush.

Thing is that it doesn't seem like anybody cares enough anymore to stop it from growing. We expect to be ruled and regulated now and days. Only explanation for Ron Paul's lack of national support. He's been doing grass root campaigning longer than Obama yet the GOP refuse to support his small government agenda.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Could you please point which parts of it are and explain how for those of us who can't see it? =) Thanks~
Honestly, I dont want to. I could spend whole paragraphs making my points but in the end itd be a waste because Id only have the obviously biased (no insult) majority of you all shoot me down as well as my points so its fruitless.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I have plenty of problems with Obama but here are some from the above post.

9. Less debt. Yes, Obama will raise taxes on those earning over a quarter of a million.
So because I want to work hard and actually earn alot of money i am going to be screwed so i can pay well fair for someone who isn't going to go out and actually work.

I am sorry go get a job at Mcdonald's you don't need MY money.

5. Faith.
........Because his crazy Preacher scandal showed how well rooted his faith is.

3. Two words: President Palin.
Why not? I mean hasn't she been in some form of government longer then Obama has?

Obama brings up Bush and the past every time i have heard the man talk, and I am sorry but you are running against McCain if you wanna go back in time and run against Bush then fine but how about we focus on the present.

Anyway I have voted and i hope everyone here that can vote has (/ will) voted;)
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
So because I want to work hard and actually earn alot of money i am going to be screwed so i can pay well fair for someone who isn't going to go out and actually work.

I am sorry go get a job at Mcdonald's you don't need MY money.
My dad rants about this all the time... not about Obama, but about this attitude! Thing is, most people WON'T ever earn that much money, no matter how hard they try; that's like, the top 5% of earners! Chances are you'll never see that tax increase. And if you do, you're probably already making lots of money! It's not as if enough would be taken away that you couldn't live on it. That'd be awful for the economy.

Seriously, everyone's getting so worked up over that when it won't even affect them just because they think they have a chance of being a top wage-earner.

And yeah, I don't mind some taxes. Look at Canada - no significant problems here despite our higher rates!

Why not? I mean hasn't she been in some form of government longer then Obama has?
Yes, being a mayor of a town of 5,000 people is such a huge accomplishment. Heck, the mayors of many CITIES have had to deal with more people than she has. (And what does Palin's experience have to do with her being qualified for President?)

Obama brings up Bush and the past every time i have heard the man talk, and I am sorry but you are running against McCain if you wanna go back in time and run against Bush then fine but how about we focus on the present.
Do you turn off the TV or radio every time he mentions Bush, then? That's an exaggeration.
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
*I started to write a longer post but I have other things i have to do and not really supposed to be on here lol.*


Do you turn off the TV or radio every time he mentions Bush, then? That's an exaggeration.
I guess i didn't state that right, it just seems like he is constantly trying to make McCain look like Bush and while yea they mite have 'some' of the same traits, i personally would rather hear more about Obama's 'plans' then hearing how Bush screwed up and that somehow means McCain will as well.

While Watching the debates it felt like I should be playing a drinking game, every time Obama brings up Bush take a drink, every time McCain says 'my friends' take a drink.

It was like keyword bingo and that's not my favorite kind of game.
 

Digital_Eon

Proofreader
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
1,140
Reaction score
70
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's true... although Obama does talk about his policies too, in my experience. They both need to tone down on the catchphrases and attacks, in my opinion, although if they work, well...
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Its not that candidates its the media. What people listen to is soundbite reporting. Obama's plan has never changed, its always just been the spin put on it.

Honestly why the ridiculous charges now? Palin is the most socialist politician in America period and McCain is offering the biggest amount in tax credit in 5000 with Obama only offerering 4000.

The right though started throwing out the term welfare and socialism and that's what the uninformed will believe since its the juiciest soundbite.
 
Last edited:

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Can I just say I'm sick of the republicans sending me a bunch of attack ads against Obama in the mail? I get more of those than I do real mail now :/ Honestly, I can't wait til Tuesday when they AREN'T allowed to run ads. It'll be long awaited!


Yes, being a mayor of a town of 5,000 people is such a huge accomplishment. Heck, the mayors of many CITIES have had to deal with more people than she has. (And what does Palin's experience have to do with her being qualified for President?)
Just want to say that people question Palin's experience because she is literally a heartbeat away from becoming president. If McCain becomes president, she is "second-in-command." McCain is very old, and if he dies, Palin becomes president in his stead FOR THE REST OF THE TERM. That's why people are worried about her lack of experience, especially with foreign policy. Once she's in the position, that's it. Sure, she can be impeached, but that's a ridiculously long process and she'll be getting ready to leave office by the time anything gets done. Honestly, I'm more worried about her being an anti-abortion, pro-gun, anti-gay bible thumper but that's me :p
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm more worried about her being an anti-abortion, pro-gun, anti-gay bible thumper but that's me
*cough* lol I do agree with most of her stances on those items but that's not for this topic.

I am more worried about something happening to Obama or McCain then just 'health' and the vice becoming president, I mean I know every president has 'death threats' but i just worry about both of them -.-.

Btw nice signature LadyHatake :) (ITS ALMOST HERE :) YAYYYYYYY lol)
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Guys, tomorrow's the day! If you're an American Citizen (and registered to vote), GO VOTE!!!

It doesn't matter who you're supporting, just vote!
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Haha, I'm definitely going to vote =) I have my voter registration card ready! I'll be going when I get off of work at 4pm. Hopefully it won't be too long a wait!
 

Tsukisama

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
6,247
Reaction score
2,771
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I have already voted, but thank you for the reminder, Finestela. Tomorrow will be quite the momentous day. :whoabunny
 

Finestela

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
872
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Same here, glad I live in Georgia... ;) Thank God for early voting :p
 

sahugani

Now 20% Cooler
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2006
Messages
1,804
Reaction score
1,340
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
from the looks of it, long lines are going to be commonplace. i'm planning to head out early and equip myself with my ipod and PSP to keep myself entertained just in case
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can see the future...

and already sent my absentee ballot.
 

Do Kesubei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I WOULD be voting, but...

I registered in New Jersey on Sept 27, two weeks before the state deadline. However, NJ doesn't have me listed. I'm still registered in PA - a good 6 hours away, and I have no way of getting there. Terrible. :( I hate this county registration system we have.

Anyway, hope no one else has any problems tomorrow. No matter what happens, tomorrow will be a very exciting day!
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Voted on Halloween! :D
 

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
6,438
Reaction score
357
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
from the looks of it, long lines are going to be commonplace. i'm planning to head out early and equip myself with my ipod and PSP to keep myself entertained just in case
I charged my ipod last night for the same reason xD Since VA is going to be a swing state, they're predicting huge lines, all day long. Though, as long as you're in line by 7pm they'll still let everyone vote =) I have to work until 4, but the moment I get out I'm heading straight to my local polling place!
 

ssjohn

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2006
Messages
599
Reaction score
11
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
YES TODAYS THE DAY! GO VOTE!

Check and see what you are supposed to bring to the polls before you leave, and please just do a tiny super fast google search on the issues YOU care about if you are undecided and follow YOUR heart and not what others tell you.

I voted early as well, only had to wait about 15 minutes vs. the loooooong lines there are now lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top