Fair enough, opinions are opinions I suppose.I've been hearing CNN is about to go under, heh. And MSNBC isn't having an easy time of it either.
I don't think Fox News is as conservative as some people make it to sound but I guess I can't convince liberals of that, lol.
I have a problem with you calling me liberal though. I have liberal social views, but moderate fiscal views.
I dislike the whole labeling someone conservative or liberal really I guess...I do it myself since it's easier and succinct to say someone is one way or the other. In reality, the people who are universally liberal or conservative are in the minority.
No, the Taliban is only in Afghanistan. We can say Saddam Hussein might have been a threat, but he certainly wasn't one to us when we invaded. When did America start going to war based solely on assumptions? You know, that sounds eerily reminiscent of Hitler. He assumed Jews were going to run all of Germany, and he assumed the Jews were conspiring to take over the world. That certainly didn't justify what he did. I'm not putting what we're doing in Iraq on the same level as the Holocaust, but it's just a simple analogy.Because it's the Mideast dude... we're having to chase the Taliban and Al Qaeda everywhere. Saddam Hussein would have been a threat eventually. So would Iran. Israel knows all too well just how dangerous this whole region. Just covering Afghanistan isn't going to cut it, they're everywhere. I even count America, because we're having to stop them from coming over here as well.
Fact is, we have to cut down on their organization, and it's not so simple as just going into Afghanistan. Granted I don't think we went into Iraq with that mindset but I think it was the right thing to do anyway. The problem now is having to help them rebuild to be a country that can stand for itself, and it's not that simple either.
If we had completely decimated the Taliban, and actually hunted down Osama bin Laden, and all of his henchmen in Afghanistan, along with keeping troop levels at something more consistent than we did, the person and organization responsible for attacking us on 9/11 would have been on trial by now...yet this wasn't done. Can you honestly say that going into Iraq when none of this was done was the right choice?
Yes gas prices are rising. But the answer isn't drilling in Alaska or invading other countries.If you haven't noticed, gas prices are rising.The more local oil we withhold from our population, the more tempting it is to buy from people we rather wouldn't want to deal with.
Anyway, you're right though, we do need alternative energy sources, but at the moment we don't have that.
Look at this chart
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ion.gif/800px-Chart-of-Oil-Trading-Nation.gif
Now is there something off about that chart? Yes...we're clearly addicted to oil.
We don't have alt. fuel sources at the moment? Well BMW and Honda plan on releasing Hydrogen Fuel Cell automobiles this year.
Last edited:
The more local oil we withhold from our population, the more tempting it is to buy from people we rather wouldn't want to deal with.
