Re: In the Game of Thrones you win or you die.
Okay, I want two things from you.
Out of 10 and disappointing or not.
Not dissapointing. While I missed some bits from the book, I did know that some parts would be changed. It suffers from the issues that were pretty much predicted - lots of characters and fast. However I must give credit that it was scripted well, it captured the characters from the books and established their nature well with short scenes. Also the usual problems which come with book adaptations. We are not in their head. They talk aloud about things both obviously know well, which is bit unreal, but not too distracting.
Also the Others (or White Walkers as referenced in the show) did not look like what I imagined. But the sound effect associated wtih them were brilliant. Cracking ice just as described in the books!
It looked awesome, and the music is also surprisingly good. I were very dissapointed when Djawadi was announced as the composer, because his previous works are damn unimpressive, even boring. Pleasantly surprised here.
Acting was all around good, high lights were Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark). The big names of the show, Sean Bean and Mark Addy, did not dissapoint either. The cliffhanger of the end was as good as they say, though I waited bit more impact. Though might be I didn't feel it because I knew what was gonna happen.
Rating? I don't really like giving those, especially based on only one episode. I'd say solid 8/10.