Urahara vs Yammy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Urahara vs Yammy

Silhouette

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
It's been hard to find a good scan of bleach lately and I am realld bad at cleaning

Criticism and comments will be appreciated :amuse

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think you need to work more on your shading, your coloring seems to be rather a rush job. The background, Yami's skin and clothes and of course Urahara's coat. Oh and Urahara is a blond to my knowledge.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
thanks for your comments siedhr

there you go
1- a little shade to yammy's clothes and skin (well..just alittle)
2- added cheesy sun to back ground
3- gave urahara green coat

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Because of the way you shaded Urahara's coat he seems to have a hump of some sort. Also, you either color over all the lineart or leave it there (Yammi's lineart is intact, but Urahara's isn't).

Both characters seem to be plastered on the background, there should be some shadows there.

My overall suggestion is that you try reading through some coloring tutorials. I hope I wasn't too harsh or rude. It wasn't my intention.

It's been hard to find a good scan of bleach lately and I am realld bad at cleaning
Agreed. That's why I gave up on coloring Bleach. The only half-decent scans for coloring are from Manga-rain and they're way, way behind.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
If you want to help you can give me some good tutorial links ..i have had photoshop for a month or two and still learning how to use it

overjojojojo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Siedhr said:
Because of the way you shaded Urahara's coat he seems to have a hump of some sort. Also, you either color over all the lineart or leave it there (Yammi's lineart is intact, but Urahara's isn't).

Both characters seem to be plastered on the background, there should be some shadows there.

My overall suggestion is that you try reading through some coloring tutorials. I hope I wasn't too harsh or rude. It wasn't my intention.
Agreed. That's why I gave up on coloring Bleach. The only half-decent scans for coloring are from Manga-rain and they're way, way behind.
very very true, BUT, i can help :D

there's a french bleach Edited Manga group that cleans around the same level as us at shannaro

http://www.bleachtrad.com/

all their scans are pretty hq IMO :D hope this helps you colorers :D
[br]Posted on: July 14, 2006, 04:06:12 PM_________________________________________________
Silhouette said:
If you want to help you can give me some good tutorial links ..i have had photoshop for a month or two and still learning how to use it
hey ive had photoshop for a good year and a half and im STILL learning new things almost everytime i use it- the program is just so packed full of features and whatnot... my point is, you will forever learn new things in photoshop as long as you play around with things and experiment :D

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Okay some tutorial links:
The first and the one I've used to learn how to color is the Zarosaki tutorial: http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~pazuzu/Zarosaki/tutorial/basictutorial.htm It's very easy to understand and to follow.

http://forums.narutofan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101 The Tutorial section of Narutoforums. You'll find tutorials for everything here and links to other tutorials.

http://www.deviantart.com Loads of great tutorials here, just go to the tutorials' section and you'll find them. I saved the tutorials, that's why I don't have any specific links.

And I'm sure this forum has a tutorial section, surely.

Overjojojojo, thank you for telling me. When I start coloring manga again, I'll definitely hit you guys.

hey ive had photoshop for a good year and a half and im STILL learning new things almost everytime i use it- the program is just so packed full of features and whatnot... my point is, you will forever learn new things in photoshop as long as you play around with things and experiment
I fully agree.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
thanks overjo I guess I can always use google translation to find my way around ...either that or learn french...
thanks for the tutorial links siedhr ...and it's ok no offence ...I guess some people just can't help it

Siedhr

Reaction score
Country
Romania

Silhouette

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Siedhr said:
I hope I wasn't too harsh or rude. It wasn't my intention.
I wasn't offended and not every one can sound as nice as they want to