Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

Orochimaru-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

well vol. 21 is now back to Musashis story..

he and Seijurou Yoshioka are fighting...because Seijurou doesnt want Denshichiro, his younger brother, to die in the hands of Mushashi...at least, thats what I can interpret from looking at the pictures...:P

Kojiro is also in Kyoto...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Really, Orochimaru-chan? How did you get ahold of Vol. 21? ( I didn't read your spoiler, because I didn't want to be spoiled... )
 

Orochimaru-chan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

I got it from #lurk ^^
they offer raw downloads in IRC...
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Ohh, nice. Thanks. Whee, a new volume to read.

*Goes to download*

EDIT: Why did I think I could read Japanese XD

Hopefully somebody scanlates it soon ^^;

But it was neat to see it return back to Musashi's story, yeah. And against Seijurou Yoshioka... woo...
 

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
1,585
Reaction score
31
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Yes...the latest volume scanlated is 20.
I haven't had the time to read it yet but I hope it will continue to be as nice as the rest.
 

Tanuki-dono

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2006
Messages
566
Reaction score
23
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Oh, I'm so glad that there is a discussion thread for this manga. I purchased a couple of the first volumes a good while back, but unfortunately, haven't had the pleasure of doing so lately. Maybe when I get my personal computer back up and running, I can work out the IRC thing...

While at the moment I prefer Blade of the Immortal for its artistic elegance, Vagabond is intriguing in its own right. The story pace is very compelling. And one of my favorite aspects of the art, besides the wonderful character design has to be the backgrounds. They're breathtaking! Since I haven't read my volumes in the while, and I'm not terribly far into the story, I can't really offer any valid critique. However, I like it, yes.
 

eQuek

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
168
Reaction score
3
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

I started reading Vagabond yesterday.
And finished volume 20 today, I couldn't stop reading it
The way eveything is drawn is so beautiful.
The only thing that annoys me is that many guys look the same :p
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Agreed completely. Tsk. We need to get a translator to do volume 21 for us. >.>
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

just in case anyone is interested, i am actively looking for translators for this manga. I am the head of KO-Scans (tough, steel ball run) so i want to make this an active project of ours but translators are needed who can translate without furigana
 

eQuek

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
168
Reaction score
3
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Aren't there anyone else that is Editing Vagabond atm?
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

nope, only manga-sketchbook copying the viz releases. If i could get a translator i would be prepared to pump out releases
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

I'll let you know if we ever find one who reads Vagabond.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

exactly, i would think more people would be reading a manga by one of the greats of manga, but i guess not
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

I recently finished all the 20 volumes available (like 20 minutes ago :tem). What wonderful art. So fluid. I'm in love with it.

I especially liked the Kojiro arc. I thought that in terms of characters and plot it was much deeper and better developed. Musashi is such a log, heh.

_________________________________________________Yay, victory! Got volume 22 at last.

So if anyone still wants them here are volume 21 and 22 raw.

Vagabond 21 http://www.sendspace.com/file/wbkkmm
Vagabond 22 http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbz5au

Enjoy!
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

i prefer musashi, only because he can actually talk. i like kojiro but he is deaf! I know it adds to his character but i like to see what the characters think. Why couldnt kojiro fucking think?
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Vagabond Edited Manga Discussion

Here is a plot summary:
Growing up in 17th century Sengoku era Japan, Shinmen Takezou is shunned by the local villagers as a devil child due to his wild and violent nature. Running away from home with a fellow boy at age 17, Takezou joins the Toyotomi army to fight the Tokugawa clan at the battle of Sekigahara. However, the Tokugawa win a crushing victory, leading to nearly three hundred years of Shogunate rule. Takezou and his friend manage to survive the battle, and afterwards swear to do great things with their lives. But after their paths separate, Takezou becomes a wanted criminal, and must change his name and his nature in order to escape an ignoble death. Based on the book "Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa, Vagabond is a fictional retelling of the life of Miyamoto Mushashi, often referred to as the "Sword Saint" - perhaps the most famous and successful of Japan's sword fighters.

And now the releases:

Volume 22 - The entire volume download

Volume 23


Volume 24 (LQ) - Volume download

Volume 25 - from Strays
Chapter 216
Chapter 217
Chapter 218
Chapter 219
Chapter 220
Chapter 221
Chapter 222
Chapter 223
Chapter 224

Volume 26 - from Strays
Chapter 225
Chapter 226 - New!!

Previous volumes, raws, and translations can be found below.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Oh, and by the way siedhr, damn you for posting that right as I was finishing up that other chapter. I looked at it, didn't see much text, and translated it. Damn Kojiro for not talking.

Chapter 208 translated: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=4947.0
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

zindryr said:
Oh, and by the way siedhr, damn you for posting that right as I was finishing up that other chapter. I looked at it, didn't see much text, and translated it.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, man. :noworry And thank you for catering to the needy. Your karma is improving by the second

zindryr said:
Damn Kojiro for not talking.
I wonder if Inoue will ever give us a glimpse into his head or he will leave us guessing until the end of the manga.

Yeah, I noticed the Otsu mistake too late. It's fixed in my translation, but it was too late to put the fix in Neo's release. I was also being absolutely accurate to the Japanese with the name, it is actually Otsuu, but I suppose it looks better as Otsu.
I had no idea. It's Otsu in the Viz release and in wiki.

How do you spell Seijuurou? Is it just Seijuro?
Yoshioka Seijuro in Viz.
 

Siedhr

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
1,272
Reaction score
38
Age
47
Gender
Female
Country
Romania

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Joined
Mar 28, 2005
Messages
1,630
Reaction score
200
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond Discussion Thread

Only 16 pages and not much text, I'll translate it later today.

Pretty much, Kojiro is dancing about hitting things with his stick, and Musashi is reflecting on how Kojiro is the embodiment of truth/whatever, and wondering why he (Musashi) took the long way around to attaining that truth. His sword, or even that stick in his hands could have taught him. Of course, while Musashi is doing his thinking Kojiro is bugging him by hitting him and things.

Short summary anyway.
 
Top