Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Vagabond 319 already out. am about to read it.

on a side note, I'm glad that Inoue is still churning out chapters. :uguu
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Vagabond 319 already out. am about to read it.

on a side note, I'm glad that Inoue is still churning out chapters. :uguu
Yeah but, and i really don´t like to say this, 319 didn´t look too good
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well I can't say anything about the art- and maybe it was all just LQ scans. But story-wise I thought it was going really well. Still awesome and moving at a faster pace, I'm thinking. That was one big bomb dropped on him by the old man- that he can't see the weak. Or that, because they are weak, he should leave them alone to grow? Or some zen shit. haha.

The chapter may mean many things internally but the best part is that, I think Musashi will finally move on from the farmland saga :derp
 

ish3

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2007
Messages
455
Reaction score
143
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The farming arc similar that to Vinland in musashi's case is it's all about spiritual and mental growth. Musashi has become a man plain and simple. He's no longer a child and wants to take care of others before himself. More importantly the next step is if he can live the ways of the sword beyond this point with Iori. Will he give it up or will he push to newer heights with his new found awareness. I think he's become stronger in spirit because of these occurrences and taking care of someone besides himself will make him even stronger.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
What's with the art in chapter 304? I know for a fact from the extras in the VizBig editions that that isn't how he storyboards, so I doubt that thick-lined pencil style is some missed deadline type deal. It seems intentional, but I just don't get it. It doesn't look very good and clashes with his normal style. Does anyone have the tankabon of volume 34 that can see if it is left like that and indeed intention? And if so, can anyone explain that aesthetic choice to me?

EDIT: Again, I see this in chapter 308, and it is in between two normal panels, further making me think this is intentional. I just can't understand what he is going for.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ah yes I remember chapter 304. I mentioned that a few posts ago. didn't really get it either. It even seemed like the content didn't belong.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
Both times Inoue used this style, Musashi was looking at his wounded leg and thinking back on his younger days, when little Takezo was crude and unrefined like that. To strengthen this atmosphere of crudeness, Inoue has chosen to draw these flashbacks in such a style.

Or at least that's my take on it.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I couldn't even make out what the stuff were drawn on the panels. In 304 there were just some human figures here and there... it didn't even feel like it was any part of the story- not a flashback or anything.
 

gphjr14

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
OK I think we've spent enough time at the farm soul searching, time to move on please...
 

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
3,637
Reaction score
1,163
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
it's sad that the old man died but i'm happy that the arc for soul searching is finished :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
now farmland saga is over...
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
I loved this chapter. And honestly, I've really enjoyed Farmland. It's been a very interesting change of pace, though obviously I'm excited to see Kojiro again and hopefully the epic, final fight :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I don't really think things will start moving until another five chapters or something. He'll have two more chapters thinking by himself, etc...
 
Top