Seinen - Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko | Page 54 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

kaowrunagisa

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Re: Vagbond 287 Discussion / 288 Prediction Thread

Salute, comrades.

Can you tell when Vagabond 288 will be released? I saw an 1 but do not know if it was january, february, etc.

Arigato.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond Hang Out Thread

Hopefully this means that we will see several chapters with few breaks this year. And these chapters should be plot filled which will be nice.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I wonder if the ending will be rushed. A year seems to short to tie things up.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

January. From what I know the last week.

Homeless Ninja

Reaction score
Country
United States

That's my concern as well, Inoue certainly won't be able to finish the series in the manner he's done it to this point, which was pretty effective multi-layered storytelling that was seemingly still branching out. Of course, that style may just not lend itself to winding down naturally. I feel like he's sort of forcing his own hand so now he's just got to find a way to do it. I'm hopeful that this will allow him to put a lot of focus into it rather than meaning he's going to be leaving a lot on the table when he's done.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I'm hoping he's just whining a bit ^^

While ending in a year, especially if he takes breaks, may be a stretch there are only two major duels left to show: the Gonnosuke and Kojiro fights. If Inoue sticks to those he may even have some time to dedicate to Kojiro in between. Since the title is Vagabond I presume the series will end with Kojiro's defeat. I doubt his time as a samurai will be shown.

Aquarius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

The fight has to be set up, so it's definitely needed that Musashi accepts a position as sword master or at least becomes good friend with a local figure who rivalves Kojiro's lord. As well it should be shown how Kojiro will become swords master. Let's say one book each, one book for the duel, and one final book which seems to be already drawn with Musashi dying in his cavern and the blue-eyed kid becoming a Yagyu.

Aqsa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think it's far too early to be ending Vagabond. He needs at least two years to give the series a coherent ending.

That said, I've been following Vagabond since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I am now 21. I'm going to be very sad when it ends.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Inoue has been focusing more on Vagabond lately so I'm at least expecting quite a few chapters this year, but the chance still remains that he gets down to the end of this year and he is not ready to finish it and keeps on going.

Homeless Ninja

Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm hoping he's just whining a bit ^^
Heh, he has been quite stretched to the limit working on his various series and side projects, like setting up the latest LAST Manga exhibit site. I wish he'd just take a vacation or ease his schedule. It wouldn't exactly be awful if slowed down to every other week instead of weekly.

While ending in a year, especially if he takes breaks, may be a stretch there are only two major duels left to show: the Gonnosuke and Kojiro fights. If Inoue sticks to those he may even have some time to dedicate to Kojiro in between. Since the title is Vagabond I presume the series will end with Kojiro's defeat. I doubt his time as a samurai will be shown.
And I still feel like there's unfinished business with Ittosai, and even worry if Gonnosuke is going to make the cut, because there's technically still a lot to do in relatively little time, the Kojiro duel and events surrounding it could, and arguably should, take volumes in itself (not to mention, it's chronologically years away). Glossing over Gon though seems outrageous given the fact it's a famous historical duel of Musashi's. Of course, how many times can Musashi lose in some fashion in this series and still be "undefeated?" =)

The fight has to be set up, so it's definitely needed that Musashi accepts a position as sword master or at least becomes good friend with a local figure who rivalves Kojiro's lord. As well it should be shown how Kojiro will become swords master.Let's say one book each, one book for the duel, and one final book which seems to be already drawn with Musashi dying in his cavern and the blue-eyed kid becoming a Yagyu.
Well, none of it necessarily has to be that way, Inoue has taken plenty of historical and fictional liberties in relation to the novel and events already. The only setup he's done so far for the Kojiro duel would imply that it could happen almost anytime, even though they should both at least be 29. So, either Inoue is going to flash forward, or back depending on your perspective, to that, perhaps via Matahachi's story or Musashi in his cave. Really, Inoue can jump in anywhere, he could have them fight at this age, but I think like everyone else, I prefer he take his time and do it long form like the second Kyoto arc.

P.S. The one that became a Yagyu was Jotaro, not Fūki (the blue eyed boy).

I think it's far too early to be ending Vagabond. He needs at least two years to give the series a coherent ending.

That said, I've been following Vagabond since I was about 11 or 12 years old. I am now 21. I'm going to be very sad when it ends.
I know what you mean, and while I still think he can do a coherent ending and wow us like this (arguably he already has with the LAST Manga), he's been taking the scenic route so long with Vagabond, it'd be a shame for him to take short cut now. I wasn't reading this story to know the ending, after all. =)

Inoue has been focusing more on Vagabond lately so I'm at least expecting quite a few chapters this year, but the chance still remains that he gets down to the end of this year and he is not ready to finish it and keeps on going.
Yeah, I still think it bleeds into 2011, there's even a small poll on the subject.

Last edited:

Shinsatsu

MH's Most Fashionable Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco

Acclaimed manga creator Takehiko Inoue (Slam Dunk, REAL) confirmed on his website on Sunday that he will end his Vagabond samurai manga within the year.
Source: Oricon
I don't see any progress, if the manga is supposed to end soon, then why he's taking his time with the chapters... lol or he's planning to go all out and finish everything quickly... I honestly regret catching up with this manga... I should've waited for it to end and then read it all one chapter after another...

Homeless Ninja

Reaction score
Country
United States
Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread

http://www.itplanning.co.jp/vaga.html

google translate said:
Suddenly, it is not surprising that no 描Kenaku comics, there's always the feeling.
Technology to make your own comics that does not guarantee what no man, nor does it have a good way to learn about ensuring this way. This is exactly what the day came as 描Kenaku, what I thought.
Name not proceed at all, not even have one, how I've made so far? Long time and feel.
There was cause to heart.
And to set a goal to complete this year, a little biased, but I say big deal, where to look away So, what percent? "Now" of a stray from the detail was not feeling it now that is one thing.
Another is 32 the other day I came to read feedback from our readers in the volume, it was conveyed to say I feel a nibble than the volume of the past, I am so happy that it seems they stay there and octopus. This is despite the past.
In other words, "where" and "past" obsessed, "now" that was in the middle of it. But that I had drawn a cartoon in his ~,, and is filled with regret. Well just past anymore. Name is only now working on the next one again.
Of course I'm thankful for your impressions will 拝読 the future! After I stole 進Mane and appreciation to the next.

Musashi was saying was right and that, coincidentally, was in a sense.

Takehiko Inoue
I can't wait to see the official translation of that, since it seems to clearly deal with the end of Vagabond "announcement" and possibly the reaction to it. Anyway, looks like we have Kojiro arriving for his new job interview, at least I hope that's it and that it's not Ganryu Island. At that pace, Inoue could definitely finish within the year... or next week.

Aqsa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagbond 288 Discussion / 289 Prediction Thread

Raw is up on raw paradise

Homeless Ninja

Reaction score
Country
United States

That episode had a little bit of everything, Matahachi's storytelling, acting kind of like a highlight real, allowing Inoue to jump in and out of the narrative however, and whenever, he pleases. It's funny how closely Matahachi's story mirrors Inoue's reality with Vagabond at this point, right down to their announcements. Though, I have to say, Inoue has pretty well set himself up to do whatever he wants effectively with this Matahachi as storyteller construct. He can delay the Ganryu battle as long as he wants, or he can jump into it next week and it'll still work and feel appropriate. Hell, halfway through this episode, with Matahachi teasing it, even I was ready for it to begin already. I also imagine there could be a few surprises in store for us with this format.

sharingan_kakashi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Awesome chapter. i feel sad that the end seemed closer than it ever was after this chapter. i had hoped Musashi would fight Yagyu's successor before his duel at the island.

im kinda hating matahachi now, if the old matahachi was not introduced the siries could go on and on for ages and it wouldn't be boring at all. :(

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Even with the end approaching, this chapter made me feel a bit less worried about a rushed ending. Even though I knew he could do it, Inoue showed how good of a story teller he can be. I agree with Homeless Ninja, he can now pretty much take the story in any direction he wants and it will feel right.

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

so Musashi is putting stuff in his ears to be deaf and train like Kojiro?