Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

¬Bol

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
357
Reaction score
104
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

It will end a couple of chapters after Kojiro's death, probably.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

I doubt there's much more than a cameo left for Gonnosuke, his fights have probably been traded for fights against Itto Ittosai.
There are basically two things left to show now, before the fight. First is Kojiro becoming a swordsmaster, but that could be done in a couple of chapters, and Musashi getting in touch with the Hosokawa, and having is fight against Kojiro set up. Another half-book and that's it. Keep one book for the final fight. And a couple of chapters for Musashi's later life. That's 2,5 volumes left.
I think it'll look like that... Sad that so much has been left or will be left aside, though.
A lot depends on how productive Inoue feels like being this year. I feel like he's only going to do two more volumes. I would like to see one of the Gonnosuke fights. But I agree: I doubt it will happen.
 

Cobra826

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
455
Reaction score
498
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

wow... this is so sad... I loved this manga I even went and got that book Musashi... I had noticed the last couple chapters being a bit weird.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

I don't think Gonnosuke will be addressed, and the fight with Kojiro will extend for about three volumes and thus until the end of the year or early 2011.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

I thought Musashi fought at the Battle of Osaka. I'm hoping Inoue shows:

1. The fight with Gonnosuke
2. The Battle of Osaka
3. A battle with Hyogonosuke.
 

Aquarius

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
66
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

First won't happen.
Second is more than doubtful.
Third never happened...

Given today's chapter, I really doubt we'll get to see much more than the final fight, and probably a couple of chapters after that (which have already been drawn).
 

Homeless Ninja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
37
Reaction score
10
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

Like Aquarius said, don't count on seeing those things happen, especially Osaka. Gonnosuke is still a realistic option though.

Given today's chapter, I really doubt we'll get to see much more than the final fight
I do think Inoue might have some more pre-duel story for us, since, even though Matahachi promised to get to the duel again, he immediately changed the subject back to their lives leading up to it... again. Personally, I'd like to see something like the episode that begins volume 12 (#108 Summit) giving us a brief highlight reel of Musashi's adventures from now until he faces Kojiro. He could even do a few episodes like that (and may have already begun).

Who knows though, depending on what Matahachi means at the end there, it could jump to the duel in the next episode, or even back and forth thereafter. We'll see.

and probably a couple of chapters after that (which have already been drawn).
If you're talking about The LAST Manga Exhibition, I wouldn't expect that material to be included.
 

Aqsa

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
103
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

No, I'm pretty sure that Inoue is setting up the final leg of the manga here. I doubt he's just going to abruptly end it like this. I expect a few episodes inbetween, and I expect Musashi vs. Gonnosuke to be one.

I just think there is so much potential for Musashi in a war where he can actually make a difference. I know Musashi's battle at Osaka castle is unlikely to happen, but whatever.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

Yeah it seems like Matahachi is going to tell stories he heard about Mushashi during that seven year interval, which is much better than completely skipping it. They might not be extremely detailed stories, but maybe single chapter stories for a little while till Inoue decides its time for the Kojiro fight.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Vagabond 292 Discussion

Found any spoilers or raws? Post and discuss them here! Any pics, summaries, or scripts are welcome. No babelfish/google translations, please. They are to inaccurate.

Please do not discuss spoilers outside of the spoiler thread.

Chapter 291 can be discussed: here.

As a Kodansha series Vagabond Edited Mangas are not hosted at Mangahelpers. Check in with Nihil Sine Nefas for the latest releases!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

I didn't know about the autor plans to end the manga this year. I miss Gonnosuke in the serie, i hope he get some more history before the manga ends..
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

No doubt that Matahachi's stories will cover a decent period of time.
I don't expect the duel too soon yet.

There's still so much more....

I'd love to see Osaka...
 

zet

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Vagabond 291 Discussion / 292 Prediction Thread

I think we are only getting the fight with kojiro, that is including the build up to it. We already saw that Musashi is wanted for a post, there for the fight should already be set, or will be set when he goes to Edo. Inoue also stated that he wanted to end Vagabond this year (dont have a link so dont ask), so Matahachi his the plot device to speed up the story, leaving blanks for us to fill.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: How will Inoue end Vagabond?

Actually, this is also the first time I've heard Inoue planning to end Vagabond this year. but it does sound like it's happening, since Kojiro and Musashi are about to face off. He's been building on that since like, forever.

But I think as the mangaka that he is, there will still be a few chapters showing interaction between Kojiro and Musashi- like how they understand each other, or about what they have in common, before the actual clash. Then some epilogue of Musashi after that, which will be about just a chapter, methinks. :s
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

Raws for 293 and 294 are out on Raw Paradise. You can discuss them here but remember to be nice. ;)
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Vagabond 292 Discussion

I don't know where the raw for 292 is :/ but 293 and 294 are out, you can discuss them here.
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 293-294 Discussion

Well, damn, these raws are kind of terrible. Sorry to complain, but the water mark (and mediocre scans to begin with) makes it hard to just read some of it, needless to say clean. That said we'll give it our best, but I am hoping better raws show up.

Edit: We were able to get our hands on higher quality non-watermarked raws of 293-295 (still no 292). Expect the Edited Mangas some time soon.
 
Last edited:
Top