Chapter 225 Quick Translation
Here's a quick translation of chapter 225 as I don't think one has been posted yet. I figured people would want a rough idea of what happened in 225 as 226 should be out pretty soon. Enjoy!
Page 1:
(No text, just color)
Page 2&3:
Sidetext: The dawn of the battle…
VAGABOND 225: “Musashi and the Seventy”
Page 4:
Musashi: I came back…
*Musashi breathing heavily*
Page 5:
Musashi (mental): And I had intended to cross the mountain and get out of the capital/Kyoto too. Man, I really did run a lot though.
Musashi (mental): So much that even this snow actually feels kinda good.
Page 6:
Musashi: That’s a shame…not sure if your feet slipped out from under you or if you jumped in but…
Page 7:
Musashi: At least if you were to keep flowing down the river, or possibly…
*twig snapping*
Page 8:
Musashi: Huh?
Page 9:
Musashi: That was quick…they’re already gathered then…
Page 10&11:
(No text, just a lot of guys surrounding the drooping pine of Ichijouji)
Page 12:
Random Guy 1: Here, put this in your pocket!
Random Guy 2: Hey, give me one of them warming stones too!
Random Guy 3: Me too, I haven’t gotten one yet!
Random Guy 4: Pheeeeew…
Random Guy 5: Sounds good, give me one too!
Random Guy 4: When it’s this cold out you gotta keep yourself warm starting with your belly! (*Japanese thing where people warm themselves up starting with their stomachs to get their blood flow circulating)
Random Guy 5: Yeah, I won’t even be able to swing my sword.
Random Guy 4: Hoooo, I got the shivers too.
Random Guy 5: I never spoke to Seijuurou-sensei, but…
Page 13:
Random Guy 5: …Denshichirou-sensei was kind enough to talk to me before.
Random Guy 5: He told me to put some power in my pinky when I grip my sword, like this…
Random Guy 4: There was this one time he even grabbed my hand in person and showed me how to grip my sword properly.
Random Guy 4: Hoooooo. I’m gonna do it.
Random Guy 4: I’m gonna be the one to cut down Musashi.
Random Guy 5: No way, I am.
Random Guy 4: He’ll pass through from here, right?
Random Guy 5: Yeah…
Page 14:
Random Guy 5: We checked to make sure that he was staying at Konpukuji. He was definitely staying there last night. The only road from Konpukuji is this one. So we’ve got about an hour left then…
Page 15:
Horikawa: “Let him cut your flesh while you sever his bones”…that is what Denshichirou-sensei tried to do as he passed… (*Basically Denshichirou tried to give up his own life in order to score the larger victory of killing Musashi…)
Horikawa: So if we think of the 70 of us as representing the body of the Yoshioka…
Horikawa: I guess that would make me…and Youchi the flesh I guess. What do you think, Yoichi?
Yoichi: Yeah. I’ve already lived a long life.
Horikawa: Kurando, Fujiie, Tagaya, you all will be the bones of the Yoshioka from now on. We’re counting on you.
Page 16:
Kurando & the others: Yoichi-dono! Horikawa-dono!
Horikawa: And he is the head, the soul.
Horikawa: The soul of the Yoshioka----
Horikawa: He may have been the soul all along up until now…
Page 17:
Random Guy 6 (mental): Since Ueda-sensei is here this must be the center. Not even Musashi would be able to get all the way here. As long as I’m here then that means I won’t end up crossing blades with Musashi.
Page 18:
Random Guy 6 (mental): The ten swords of the Yoshioka…in a way that nickname basically means the first ones there win. As soon as the ten swords are known to the world there’s no way anyone else can make their way in. The ten are the ten.
Random Guy 6 (mental): No matter how confident you are in your abilities, to the rest of the world if you’re not one of the ten then you’re just one of the rest.
Random Guy 6 (mental): Unless you do something big, their assessment of you won’t change.
Random Guy 6 (mental): Unless you do something big----
Random Guy: There’s still an hour or so left. Can I change places with someone further down?
Random Guy 7: What?
Random Guy 6: Out of this squad…I just thought it would be nice if I could move to front group who’ll fight against Musashi first.
Random Guy 7: What are you sayi…
Page 19:
Random Guy 6: Hmm?
Random Guy 6: Aaa…
Page 20:
(No text, just fighting)
Page 21:
(No text, just staring)
Page 22&23:
(No text, just slashing)
Page 24:
(No text, just ears)