Seinen - Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko | Page 35 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Vagabond by Inoue Takehiko

DrTopo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Vagabond finally comes back this week

All these breaks are indeed frustating but they are worth it. Vagabond is a true masterpiece and Inoue needs time.
Patience is the key here. Vagabond started 10 years ago (in 1998) and we just hit the half point of the story. I just ran a calculation through my super computer and it tells me we'll have to wait another 10 years for the series to be complete.
But then, all style combined we'll have the best work on samurai life ever.

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

You sound like such a kishi fanboy in thsi post, rofl;P
And you actually quoted a post which is made in 2006. :notrust

And Yabe! Thanks for informing us! It's a good long wait, I've this feeling i may grow old with this series. His artwork just gets bettter and better, if compared to the earlier slamdunk drawings. ^^

Aqsa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Speak of the devil. Vagabond is finally back. Hopefully the raw is realeased soon.

Check his site for sketches:

www.itplanning.co.jp

erik-the-red

Proofreader
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

His artwork just gets bettter and better, if compared to the earlier slamdunk drawings.
I agree. You can actually tell how Inoue's style changes as you read the 31 volumes of Slam Dunk. He goes from IMO a generic "Fist of the North Star" style to his distinct one.

jotaro

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

hell yeah! #252 is out!

waiting for the raw

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Vagabond Vol 29 (Chap 252-260) Discussion

252 is out, grab it at the RTS Thread here!

Discuss and predict the chapter here!

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Vagabond 252 Discussion / 253 Prediction Thread

Look like a well-planned chapter: we still got to see Otsu (there sure must be something worth-reading enough brought up about her), we know Musashi has been sent into jail for some times, and his legs have been healed to the amount he could stand upright.

We're also told that Kojiro got to read a letter that's contained Musashi's name. And this chapter is the beginning of volume 29, so I suppose it'll be a while Gonnosuke's taking his appearance. I suspect the few following chapters will still be the fightless ones, which Inoue-sensei may run into more of Kojiro's & Musashi's thoughts (I hope there's more of Otsu's matter, but dunno why I'm kinda hopeless about it); and maybe some Matahashi's stories since he had been mentioned taking his purposeful journey for some while back from now.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Re: Vagabond 252 Discussion / 253 Prediction Thread

i guess inoue sensei try to improve the duel between mushashi&kojiro Y_Y i can't stand seeing my mushi into jailY_Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tumerking

Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 249/250/251 Discussion Thread

Does this manga come out weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly? Or does it just come out whenever?

OZ-900

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa

i bought it from BetterWorld
just go to http://www.betterworld.com
they're a good organization funding literacy and helping poor countries by donating books using the sales money
best of all, international delivery is ONLY $2.97!
do check the website out if u plan to buy the book...

on the other hand, after reading the book i appreciate both Eiji and Inoue's talent sooooooo much
Eiji managed to write such a good story out of vague historical facts
and Inoue managed to make the story pick up pace that it's so interesting
both are geniuses :D

KaNx

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mauritius
Vagabond 253-254 Discussion / 255 Prediction Thread

Chapter 253 is out, grab it at the RTS Thread here! And grab chapter 254 here!

Discuss and predict the chapter here!

Last edited:

PB|Ichigo

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: Vagabond 249/250/251 Discussion Thread

Inoue takes breaks (normally 2 months) and releases 3-4 chapters weekly afterwards, sometimes he just releases monthly but mostly as described after breaks as far as I know.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru
Re: Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa

aki les paso el link para los de habla hispana las 5 novelas en español + algunas imagenes del arbook de vaga!!! musashi spanish novel +some artbooks pics
http://www.mediafire.com/?7vwptrmxrqs

Quetz

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Vagabond 253-254 Discussion / 255 Prediction Thread

Quite the cliffhanger after the last chapter. I'm still sort of hoping that musashi isn't really crippled, just being lied to about that whole thing. Even if he isn't, it looks like the end of the series is coming.

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Man that the dude who picked up that stick is in trouble. Kojiro will want to play with him and it'll cost him his life.

Musashi is fine, he'll recover. Maybe it will be the time he'll start to read chinese classics lise Sun Tzu. He did that at the beginning in the book but it would make sense if he would start to read now that he's in jail.

I doubt the series will end soon. There gotta be at least another 5 years to go, maybe 10. It would be cool if there was an arc on Gonnosuke.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru

well i don't understand takuan when he told musashi to go to edo to became a samurai who serves a lord.....and his damm leg!!!!? he isn't able to walk yet!!!!!!!!!!!...and kojiro???(cute as always ^////^)

KillerChefGoJo

Reaction score
Country
United States

of course the series wont end D: it would be way too dissapointing

hi im new to the vagabond board :D

We have the technology, to rebuild Takezo and his leg! and make him Faster! STRONGER!!

Aquarius

Reaction score
Country
France

Man that the dude who picked up that stick is in trouble. Kojiro will want to play with him and it'll cost him his life.

Musashi is fine, he'll recover. Maybe it will be the time he'll start to read chinese classics lise Sun Tzu. He did that at the beginning in the book but it would make sense if he would start to read now that he's in jail.

I doubt the series will end soon. There gotta be at least another 5 years to go, maybe 10. It would be cool if there was an arc on Gonnosuke.
In the book Kojiro fights against some lord's swordmaster, to demonstrate his talent as a sword wielder. He doesn't kill him but injures him badly enough without being hit himself. Thus he gets the job, but then complains he's not paid enough. I'm not sure whether he finally picks the job.
Meanwhile Musashi will try to get swordsmaster positions at different lords but will always be denied the job, for whatever bad reason.

It seems it's more or less the direction Vagabond is heading to now. Given where it is located in the book and that there have already been 28 volumes now, I'd say the serie could end around volume 40.

DrTopo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

well i don't understand takuan when he told musashi to go to edo to became a samurai who serves a lord.....and his damm leg!!!!? he isn't able to walk yet!!!!!!!!!!!...and kojiro???(cute as always ^////^)
Musashi won't serve a loard for a while. In the book he lays low. Teaches calligraphy and tries to apply his knowledge to farming.

Kojiro story is totally different from the book. I like the manga version much better, especially the fact that he's def. He was able to become such a samurai as he's always listening to his body... nice.

So far there is no hatred between Kojiro and Musashi, just mutual respect. I've been wondering... when they were playing with the sticks, Musashi said that if they had used real sword, they could both guess who would have won... Did he mean Kojiro? He admitted that Kojiro was further along the path than him.

battle angel

Reaction score
Country
Peru

Musashi won't serve a loard for a while. In the book he lays low. Teaches calligraphy and tries to apply his knowledge to farming.

Kojiro story is totally different from the book. I like the manga version much better, especially the fact that he's def. He was able to become such a samurai as he's always listening to his body... nice.

So far there is no hatred between Kojiro and Musashi, just mutual respect. I've been wondering... when they were playing with the sticks, Musashi said that if they had used real sword, they could both guess who would have won... Did he mean Kojiro? He admitted that Kojiro was further along the path than him.
well....that's true but... the manga and the book's story are quite diferents now, inoue sensei wants to give vagabond a decent end , i think the story would have a similar end from the novel...but NOT the same end, and the facts after musashi's travel to edo could be diferent from the novel ..i'm sure!!!
of course kojiro manga is better than the book but, that leaves a musashi without a decent enemy (well a bay guy)
i put the link to the eij yoshikawa novel+artbooks (the novel in spanish) in the section "the book of the 5 rings"