[Vato Loco!] attempts cleaning basics #1 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

[Vato Loco!] attempts cleaning basics #1

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, here's my attempt at it. I was aiming for as HQ as possible so feel free to point out any and all mistakes you find.

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello again and good job. You got the blacks down really well! And the borders are looking nice and sharp. The main issue with the borders is they are not aligned. I drew a red line so that you can see the alignment is off. Your vertical alignment in the right side is perfect. Also the top border of the bottom panel is missing a couple of pixels of black.

The red boxes are areas where the blacklines are to faded or broken and those areas should be redrawn to bring them out a bit more.

The blue boxes are the areas of white detail lines that are partially missing. Except for the one around Choji's head in the last panel that one should have been red too.

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually I don't know what to do to Choji's head. The only thing I can think of is going in and stroking the bottom part of the metal band. I probably could have cleaned it better but other than that I think the original lines were pretty good.

What would you have done to it?

Allashandra

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry I intended to get back to this sooner but a paying job came up...

Redrawing the bottom of the headband is the main bit that needs it. And if you were wanting the lower end of HQ that would be fine if you want the most bang for your HQ buck you will also enhance the swirls on his cheeks, the leaf symbol on the headband and the symbol on his chest. I made an example but I didn't do everything I would have done. All the stuff I did is in red.